WJC: Finland WJC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
IRC, head coach Raimo Summanen was fired after the 2004 World Cup (we finished 2nd) because he didn't like working with Kummola's yes men Kurri & Jutila.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Summanen firing. One of the worst decisions ever made. Who cares if Summanen makes the team cry if the results are like that. Niinimaa wasn't a superstar or anything back then. One of the top defenders we had sure, but if Niinimaa wants to make a scene about their 'argument' then let him do it. Things would be different if someone like Koivu/Selanne/Timonen would've refused to play back then because Summanen was the coach. Then I'd actually believe that firing Summanen is OK decision.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Ouch! Sounds a bit like our football federation.

Well, I think Kummola is a pretty effective player in the smoky cabinets of the IIHF and has been able to benefit Finnish hockey there. The problem is that the man really seems to want meddle in things clearly out of his competence, and because of his huge influence he has been able to mess things up several times. I think it's time for him to let go, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad