U16: Finland vs Sweden tripleheader 14-16 December

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The games will be played in Kajaani and Iisalmi, Finland. Leijonat live will show all the games.

Team Finland

Goalies:
Kohonen Paavo (Jokipojat)
Lampinen Jani (HIFK)

Defensemen:

Heimosalmi Aleksi (Ässät)
Juusola Viljami (Kärpät)
Lehikoinen Atte (Jokipojat)
Leppänen Tomi (Pelicans)
Leskinen Saku (Lukko)
Malinen Aleksi (JYP)
Saari Eemeli (TPS)
Vilén Topias (Pelicans)

Forwards:
Ahonen Verneri (Tappara)
Kivioja Aleksi (Blues)
Kärkkäinen Jonni (HIFK)
Lambert Brad (Pelicans)
Marjala Viljami (Kärpät)
Miettinen Verner (Blues)
Mykrä Otto (Kärpät)
Ruusunen Rasmus (Jokerit)
Salminen Samu (Jokerit)
Sandvik Viljam (Jokerit)
Tuomaala Samu (Kärpät)
Yliniemi Sisu (Kärpät

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Who are the best Swedes?

From what I saw in TV-pucken, forwards Ludvig Persson and especially Fabian Lysell seemed to have the most potential. Defender Anton Olsson impressed last year but haven't seen him this year. He is an early developer as well, so some of his success might be because of that. I don't this there is any Raymond or Holtz in this years age group, this can change a lot over the upcoming years of course.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
wow sweet goal from Sandvik... Finns have turned on the jets in 2nd period lead 4-1

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Feel the Swedish team has been the better team(controls the puck vast majority of the time), but it has no shooters, which Finland has. Anyways, I like what I've seen from Sweden #26, and Finland #6 I want to say(his jersey covers up 90% of his number).

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finland 6 - Sweden 2 after 2nd period scorers Salminen X2, Yliniemi, Ahonen, Sandvik and Jellvik for sweden

Best Finn for me so far has been Samu Tuomaala a great skater and stickhandler with tremendous poise with the puck he can make circles around opponents like the best of them. Needs to improve shot accuracy has had couple chances from good spots but missed the net. Maybe the next Jesse Ylönen or even better?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wonder why Sandvik's production isn't that great for his club team. He's been very impressive in these international games.

Finland 6 - Sweden 2 after 2nd period scorers Salminen X2, Yliniemi, Ahonen, Sandvik and Jellvik for sweden

Best Finn for me so far has been Samu Tuomaala a great skater and stickhandler with tremendous poise with the puck he can make circles around opponents like the best of them. Needs to improve shot accuracy has had couple chances from good spots but missed the net. Maybe the next Jesse Ylönen or even better?
... Jesse Ylönen? Hopefully not, he should be the best "early birthday" 2003 for the 2021 draft, perhaps along with Viljami Juusola from what I've seen.

His problem seems to be that he doesn't have such great timing with his plays with the puck. Very good tools but makes you wonder...

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Full Time Finland 7 Sweden 6... 3rd period scorers Grunditz, Stjernborg, Lysell, Forsmark and Ahonen

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Wasnt the greatest of games from Lambert actually had couple bad plays and passes when trying to exit the zone, good shot and assist in 3rd goal but didnt showcase anything special tonight

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Tuomaala is flying out there making things happen every shift. Also got sweet goal looks like special talent.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
2021 Draft depth is looking good behind Räty specially on forwards

liking these 6 guys
1. Aatu Räty
2. Samu Tuomaala
3. Samu Salminen
4. Eero Niemi
5. Verner Miettinen
6. Viljam Sandvik

on top of those theres few interesting guys missing from this team in Jeremi Tammela, Jere Virolainen and Niko Huuhtanen that ive been impressed at some point

Defenders Id put
1. Viljami Juusola
2. Aleksi Malinen
3. Kalle Ervasti
4. Atte Lehikoinen
5. Aleksi Heimosalmi
6. Saku Leskinen

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sweden looked really good once again, carried the play from start to finish. Guessing the PP's and goals will come in the 3rd game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->