Finland playing-Kipper getting a tan in Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
jekoh said:
Garfield said:

The reason Miikka Kiprusoff did not go to the Olympics is because Team Finland threatened his family for him to play the World Cup. Kipper has since moved his family away from Finland so that when he decides not to play for the Olympic team, the Finnish Hockey Federation will not have his family killed.
More probably, he's injured.

I think Garfield was using humor/hyperbole to make a point ... ;)

Speedyturtle

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
I'll tell you why he's in Hawaii

Temperature in Calgary today: -24C feels like -37C
In Fahrenhet (for you Americans): -11F feels like -33F

Temperature in Honolulu, Hawaii: +23C or 74F

I'd join him in Hawaii if I could because I live in Edmonton. Actually, I'm heading to California tomorrow so I get to avoid the cold for a week.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Speedyturtle said:
I'll tell you why he's in Hawaii

Temperature in Calgary today: -24C feels like -37C
In Fahrenhet (for you Americans): -11F feels like -33F

Temperature in Honolulu, Hawaii: +23C or 74F

I'd join him in Hawaii if I could because I live in Edmonton. Actually, I'm heading to California tomorrow so I get to avoid the cold for a week.
Although I wont argue Calgary vs Hawaii, its misleading that you quote the coldest day of the year.

Just on sunday here it was 14 degrees C (57 degrees F), all of our days this month have been over 0 degrees (32 F) and over half were around 10 degrees (40s to 50s F).

Yes, its still Canada and has the potential to be cold, like now, but its not nearly as bad as some are assuming. And its supposed to be back around 0 (30s and 40s F) by the weekend.

There was no snow here prior to last night, no igloos, no dogsleds...

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Kipper, just like all finns, is used to cold. Try not to forget that Finland has basically just as cold days as Canada, we get our share of -20C days and at times it's as high as -30C.

That said, I still have a hard time believing that he's even injured but in the end that doesn't matter. If he's injured, then he's better of resting, if he simply doesn't want to play for Finland, then it's best he's not playing.

wheresbeezer

Oct 16, 2005
TK79 said:
Umm no.. I all for Kipper spending the whole off-season in Hawaii if he want's to. Hawaii's a beautiful place, i've vacationed there twice myself. It's just that when you're healthy enough to play every game for your NHL team and decide to vacation in Hawaii instead of reprisenting you're country in the Olympics, it doesn't look good.

...who signs his paychecks every month? team finland...?

Sammy*

Ovechkin_mvp said:
I second that....

If a player does not want to play for his country - you don't want him on your team.
True enough. If he's that big an ingrate & that classless, screw him.

Sammy*

wheresbeezer said:
...who signs his paychecks every month? team finland...?
I dunno, which country did he grow up in as free as a bird & train him so that he was in a position to make stupid sums?

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
NHL Hockey rules:
1. A hockey player shall have no life, and never go in exotic place for vacation.

mug3n

Jan 15, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Sammy said:
True enough. If he's that big an ingrate & that classless, screw him.
Some people really need to chill.

What is such a big deal if the guy doesn't want to play for his country. There are other eager people that'll fill his shoes.

Phanuthier*

Sammy said:
I dunno, which country did he grow up in as free as a bird & train him so that he was in a position to make stupid sums?
Finland, Sweden, USA and Canada?

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Isn't Kiprusoff still a "one year wonder" as far as HF is concerned?

He certainly was EVEN AFTER he carried the Finns deep into the World Championships...

Why are we talking about a one hit wonder nobody? He was on a cinderella team, remember? He's the next Giguere, remember? The Flames had no place in the 2004 playoffs, remember?

:rolleyes:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
surge said:
Have you ever been to Calgary? I'd vacation in Hawaii as often as I could if I was forced to live in Calgary during the year.
Where do you live? :dunno: :shakehead

Calgary the last 10 winters or so is the second warmest major city in Canada, it's also the sunnyest. Figures i would write this on the first real cold snap of the winter :amazed:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
kolanos said:

He certainly was EVEN AFTER he carried the Finns deep into the World Championships...

Why are we talking about a one hit wonder nobody? He was on a cinderella team, remember? He's the next Giguere, remember? The Flames had no place in the 2004 playoffs, remember?

:yo: ;)

Phanuthier*

kolanos said:

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->