Finland playing-Kipper getting a tan in Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytor4*

GuloGulo said:
I'm not fuming about it. The club can't stop him. What are they gonna do? Tear his contract? PLayers like Forsberg doesn't need the NHL anymore more than the teams need him. It's his call. Perhaps, now with hindsight he should've stayed @ with his injuries, but bottom line is he can't be stopped by Snider. The same goes for Kipper. What's Sutter going to do if Kipper says he wants to play olympics? Bench him the rest o the season? Kipper will still collect his paycheck. Plus, Kipper is more imporant to CGY than vice versa.

[ Plus, Kipper is more imporant to CGY than vice versa]
hehe ya.in the nhl let me tell you no one player is greater than the team.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Jay Fresh said:
I don't buy how he can play for Calgary every single game but still be too injured to represent his country at the highest level.

It smacks of disrespect to me, but now I'm wishing Hasek had done the same thing, damnit.
His injury is not his hip, it is the lack of something that should be in his chest, and what should beat for his country.

He's like the lion in the wizard of the oz. Except he never had that heart that lion thought he didn't have, and that not having a heart should disqualify him from being a lion.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
edd1e said:
This is just the typical Finnish jealousy, let the man rehab in where ever he wants to.

Umm no.. I all for Kipper spending the whole off-season in Hawaii if he want's to. Hawaii's a beautiful place, i've vacationed there twice myself. It's just that when you're healthy enough to play every game for your NHL team and decide to vacation in Hawaii instead of reprisenting you're country in the Olympics, it doesn't look good.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Where's all the hate for Scott Niedermayer ?? He's been playing all season. Just because he had surgery and Kiprusoff didn't, that makes Niedermayer's injury valid? :dunno:

GET OVER IT !! MIIKKA KIPRUSOFF IS INJURED !!

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Garfield said:
Where's all the hate for Scott Niedermayer ?? He's been playing all season. Just because he had surgery and Kiprusoff didn't, that makes Niedermayer's injury valid? :dunno:

GET OVER IT !! MIIKKA KIPRUSOFF IS INJURED !!

Agreed.

Miikka Needs to rest and there is no better place to do that than Hawaii, where he isnt known to public.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
edd1e said:
Agreed.

Miikka Needs to rest and there is no better place to do that than Hawaii, where he isnt known to public.

dude could vacation almost anywhere in the world and people wouldn't be able to recognize him.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
mattihp said:
His injury is not his hip, it is the lack of something that should be in his chest, and what should beat for his country.

He's like the lion in the wizard of the oz. Except he never had that heart that lion thought he didn't have, and that not having a heart should disqualify him from being a lion.

This coming from a Swede. :shakehead

You should be happy that Kipper isn't playing because this means Sweden now has a chance at beating Finland.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Garfield said:
My mistake, I figured not too many Finns would display the Sweden flag, even if that is their current location.

Whether you're Finn or not you're dead wrong about Kipper.
Nah. He's proven it time after time with the national team :)

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Jester said:
dude could vacation almost anywhere in the world and people wouldn't be able to recognize him.

Your point is?

Let me clear mine. Calgary and i bet Canada is a place where he cant blend in to public, so is Scandinavia/north Europe. These two places are consider to be his home, so Hawaii is optional place to go where he can relax.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
mattihp said:
Nah. He's proven it time after time with the national team :)

Well then I guess you can thank him for the World Cup silver medal. Because we all know that without him, not even close to a medal for Finland in the World Cup.

Why would he play in the World Cup? Someone from the Finnish Hockey Federation must have threatened him, no? That my theory. It seems everyone and their dog is allowed to spew crap about the Flames and Kiprusoff without knowing the facts.

Two can play that game. :D

The reason Miikka Kiprusoff did not go to the Olympics is because Team Finland threatened his family for him to play the World Cup. Kipper has since moved his family away from Finland so that when he decides not to play for the Olympic team, the Finnish Hockey Federation will not have his family killed.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
edd1e said:
Your point is?

Let me clear mine. Calgary and i bet Canada is a place where he cant blend in to public, so is Scandinavia/north Europe. These two places are consider to be his home, so Hawaii is optional place to go where he can relax.

i bet most canadians outside of the Calgary area wouldn't be able to recognize him w/out his mask on... i would be bet most people outside of Finland/Calgary don't know what he looks like due to the whole mask aspect of his public appearances. unless you're paying very close attention to Hockey, goalies are largely anonymous characters (a problem that Football players have in America...).

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Jester said:
i bet most canadians outside of the Calgary area wouldn't be able to recognize him w/out his mask on... i would be bet most people outside of Finland/Calgary don't know what he looks like due to the whole mask aspect of his public appearances. unless you're paying very close attention to Hockey, goalies are largely anonymous characters (a problem that Football players have in America...).

I'd bet you're wrong. Kiprusoff's face is more familiar to people as he always takes his mask off between whistles and after goals. I'd wager that 90% of hockeyfans in Canada would recognize him.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Jester said:

I cant believe we're getting in to an argument of how well known Kipper is. well let me brake it to you, he's a nobody, ok?
if you could understand my real point i wouldnt have to type this.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Garfield said:
The reason Miikka Kiprusoff did not go to the Olympics is because Team Finland threatened his family for him to play the World Cup. Kipper has since moved his family away from Finland so that when he decides not to play for the Olympic team, the Finnish Hockey Federation will not have his family killed.
More probably, he's injured.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I believe he is injured because no one would not want to represent their country. Why would he stay in Calgary during the coldest time of year? He has money, go somewhere that is warm, every tropical resort I have been to (which is a lot) have gym's, if they are big, and nice. I guess Kipper stays at a place that has top of the line facilities and he is doing exactly what his boss and doctor subscribed.

Good for him, look at Hasek. How happy would people be if he played the first period of a game and left with an injury then couldn't play for a few weeks in the stretch drive. I for one with Pronger and Smyth get little ice time, Smyth most likely will get little time but not Pronger, he will play every PP and PK, I hope he doesn't get hurt and would be choked if he did.

If I was from calgary I would be happy that Kipper didn't go, and as an edmonton fan, I am mad that he didn't go.

Wish I could join him in Hawaii.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard that Kipper backed out of playing because with Aki Berg on defense he wouldn't have much work to do and would rather sit on a beach than stand around doing nothing.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
edd1e said:
I cant believe we're getting in to an argument of how well known Kipper is. well let me brake it to you, he's a nobody, ok?
if you could understand my real point i wouldnt have to type this.

wasn't saying he's a nobody... just not recognizable outside of his name, and he doesn't need to go to Hawaii to avoid recognition.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Garfield said:
I'd bet you're wrong. Kiprusoff's face is more familiar to people as he always takes his mask off between whistles and after goals. I'd wager that 90% of hockeyfans in Canada would recognize him.

see, you're changing the situation... just walking around would be the issue for someone in terms of being recognized being a problem. now, obviously a large % of the canadian population are hockey fans compared to other areas, but clearly you can toss out ANYONE who doesn't follow hockey.

then, within the group of hockey fans, i question (based on an understanding of how horrible we are as humans at identifying individuals that we see in passing...) anyone that isn't paying really close attention on a regular basis recognizing a guy that spends 95% of his publicly exposed time (a game) with a mask covering his entire face.

as noted above, bit of a silly argument... i was just commenting that he didn't need to go to Hawaii to avoid being recognized.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Jester said:
see, you're changing the situation... just walking around would be the issue for someone in terms of being recognized being a problem. now, obviously a large % of the canadian population are hockey fans compared to other areas, but clearly you can toss out ANYONE who doesn't follow hockey.

then, within the group of hockey fans, i question (based on an understanding of how horrible we are as humans at identifying individuals that we see in passing...) anyone that isn't paying really close attention on a regular basis recognizing a guy that spends 95% of his publicly exposed time (a game) with a mask covering his entire face.

as noted above, bit of a silly argument... i was just commenting that he didn't need to go to Hawaii to avoid being recognized.

he could have come to Toronto....we haven't been able to recognize a good goalie in a while.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
mattihp said:

Psssssssssst, the Lion lacked courage in The Wizard of Oz ….. it was the Tin Man who lacked a heart.

Your point would be a tad more salient if your analogy was correct. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad