Finland Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
i wanna jump on a plane to helsinki from glasgow now :cry::rant:

at least im having a mini party with some british friends tomorrow who have no idea about ice hockey :help: but like to get drunk :D

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
Like you can clearly see we really would have not cared if we lost the game or not. It's just WCH.
:laugh:

Celebrations around Helsinki.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I love to see that countries other than canada would go wild on the streets if they won a championship! congrats finland, hopefully selanne is partying hard with team when they get to finland,that'd be sick to see:D

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
**** was real in Pori, too, don't know if there's pictures. Have some videos in my phone though.

I spent all the time in a club, good luck ordering drinks there. Was crazy.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
**** was real in Pori, too, don't know if there's pictures. Have some videos in my phone though.

I spent all the time in a club, good luck ordering drinks there. Was crazy.

At least you got in somewhere. It was absolutely packed everywhere in Turku so we settled down and enjoyed the feelings at the city's marketplace.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
This is awesome. Congrats. Cant believe they would go this nuts over the WHC! lol. Imagine if they got an Olympic gold. Hope we can see it some day.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
This is awesome. Congrats. Cant believe they would go this nuts over the WHC! lol. Imagine if they got an Olympic gold. Hope we can see it some day.

its not just over a WC its our first gold since 1995 and all the lost finals since and to beat one of our main rivals in the final and win was and is still awesome party like there is no tomorrow :yo:

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
I can say from the bottom of my heart that im happy for Finland. You guys really deserved this win. The whole country has gone totally bananas for this. Congratulations!

Seguins Dragon*

Thanks to all the posters bringing in the videos and pictures.

This is fantastic.

Great to see such passion.

Congrads!!

Allu27

Mar 18, 2011
Oulu
Amazing. I'm at work hungover as hell, haven't slept more than two hours and still I'm not tired one bit.
Not sure if that made any sence...
KUKA ON MAAILMANMESTARI!?!

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
torille_005.jpg

I think this photo requires an explanation for us Canadians. Right now, it's begging for a 'Caption This' thread.

Doghandler

Jul 9, 2010
Sweden
It was completely crazy at Oulu city center tonight. Everyone was buying tequilas and vodka shots to each other and still no violence at all (excessive hugging excluded).

Too bad I had to leave early, school tomorrow.:shakehead

Thank you Sweden for a great match-up once again. 6-1 admires us, it was the most difficult game in the tournament after the one against the Czechs.

Me having finnish relatives from Haukipudas I got several texts last night. They also headed into Oulu and you could tell from the texts that the alcohol was flowing. Some of the latter ones were a bit confusing :D

Either way, I cant help but to feel happy for Finland, we'll get you next time but 11' is yours. Enjoy it and well deserved.

Hyvä Suomi !

Last edited:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Uhhuh, the official tv-rating for the game was 2.435 million (peak) out of 5.5 million people in Finland.

FinnIafrate

Jan 31, 2008
I think this photo requires an explanation for us Canadians. Right now, it's begging for a 'Caption This' thread.

Ok, the fat guy on the white sheet is Timo Jutila, he was the captain of team Finland in 1995 when we beat the Swedes in the final. Timo was already then a bit "chubby", but after retiring he has gained a few more pounds... Nowadays Jutila is a finnish hockey icon, and from time to time the tabloids interview him on issues not even related to hockey.

The phrase "Ny rillataan!" means "it's time to barbecue" or "let's barbecue", and it's a direct quote from an article a few years back. As you can see the "poster boy" Jutila practises what he preaches, and the phrase will live forever. Finnish hockey fans will always say "Ny rillataan", when it's time to party! :yo:

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
I love to see that countries other than canada would go wild on the streets if they won a championship! congrats finland, hopefully selanne is partying hard with team when they get to finland,that'd be sick to see:D

I'm sure, that's same in all Euro hockey countries, same celebrations happened in Slovakia, Czech rep., I don't know what about Sweden, but I guess it was same too :) It's like winning SC for Canadian fans in MTL, TOR etc....
Cg. Finland !

Last edited:

Dr Despair

Mar 22, 2009
Ok, the fat guy on the white sheet is Timo Jutila, he was the captain of team Finland in 1995 when we beat the Swedes in the final.

In addition to that he's currently a member of the management team of our NT. He is thus the only guy who has both gold medals, '95 and '11.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Haha wow this was awesome to see :) I'm happy for all finnish fans, hopefully most got a day off from work or atleast could come a bit late ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->