Finland Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
So, you would be more content with guys like Jokinen etc. who just refused to go there with a cheap excuse?
Yes. Everyone who gets away from that ******** earns at least some respect, no matter what's the reason. Well done OJ!

And as you said, civil service is not an option for a pro athlete. It's not Mikko's fault he is being used as a propagada tool. He is just serving his duty.

I never blamed Mikko or Granlund. I never blamed anyone but the army, it's just painfully obvious to me that the armed forces are using our top athletes as their propaganda tools. And it's not like this is the first time either...

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
And it's hardly compulsory nowadays.
:shakehead

How is it hardly? Because like 5% are lazy enough to fake injury themselfs and get the "c" classification? Funny how u talk about propaganda, but then you use propaganda yourself, or atleast just lie "a bit" here and there..

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu

How is it hardly? Because like 5% are lazy enough to fake injury themselfs and get the "c" classification? Funny how u talk about propaganda, but then you use propaganda yourself, or atleast just lie "a bit" here and there..

Because certain percent is smart enought to talk c-papers and get away with it.

It's not compulsory for anyone who gots the wit and courage. :yo:

Where did I lie?

Latex*

It's not compulsory for anyone who gots the wit and courage. :yo:

Where did I lie?

I like you.

I don't like the Defence Forces.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
I like you.

I don't like the Defence Forces.

I understand the purpose of the Defence Forces but I don't like the way they use individual athletes as their puppets to perform this 1930-ish propaganda.

It's not like Koivu and Granlund are the first ones. I can remember Jarkko Nieminen, Sami Hyypiä and Mikael Forssell pictures in the papers with an assault rifle in their hands.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Or maybe it's 'cos athletes are real men and they go to army :sarcasm:.

Non-military service should also try some propaganda or any sort of advertising to be honest. I had little knowledge about it when I chose army over it and I still have very little data. But it probably wouldn't have affected me in any way.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Or maybe it's 'cos athletes are real men and they go to army :sarcasm:.

Only a man could think of that way. As a women i think there's more a man in a guy who acts according to his principles and just doesnt' follow the pack and does what "he is supposed to do".

Civil servants at my work place in the biggest hospital in the northern Finland were and are an irreplaceable help (not only bc of their pot contacts :sarcasm:).

And the guys with C-papers got one more year to work/study and pay taxes rather than shoot taxpayers money in a given target.

e.This couldn't be more off-topic. Sorry for ruining the thread. I'm off.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Offtopic

Only a man could think of that way.

Just sarcasm. Everyone has a right to choose.

As a women i think there's more a man in a guy who acts according to his principles and just doesnt' follow the pack and does what "he is supposed to do".

When it's a mandatory to choose between two things, there isn't any "following the pack". You just pick one. My choice was pretty clear before there was a pack to follow.

Although getting c-papers without any good reason isn't acceptable and if you are into those guys, then you like liars. They are not men.

Civil servants at my work place in the biggest hospital in the northern Finland were and are an irreplaceable help (not only bc of their pot contacts :sarcasm:).

Civil servants do valuable work, there is no denial to that. But army is as important too.

And the guys with C-papers got one more year to work/study and pay taxes rather than shoot taxpayers money in a given target.

Benefit of having an army is invisible during time of peace. Nobody can say that war would have come if there was no army. Just like taking a vaccine, you won't get sick but you'll never know, if you would have gotten sick without it.

But if war comes, it's better to have trained conscripts than having to start building an army from scratch. So it's not meaningless shooting and blowing up money.

Ontopic.

Way to go Tampere! I might have to move there soon so it's good to know there are great fans. What kind of show was it?

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Offtopic

Just sarcasm. Everyone has a right to choose.

When it's a mandatory to choose between two things, there isn't any "following the pack". You just pick one. My choice was pretty clear before there was a pack to follow.

Although getting c-papers without any good reason isn't acceptable and if you are into those guys, then you like liars. They are not men.

Civil servants do valuable work, there is no denial to that. But army is as important too.

Benefit of having an army is invisible during time of peace. Nobody can say that war would have come if there was no army. Just like taking a vaccine, you won't get sick but you'll never know, if you would have gotten sick without it.

But if war comes, it's better to have trained conscripts than having to start building an army from scratch. So it's not meaningless shooting and blowing up money.
?

Finnish army system is bullsh*t and you know it. It has no purpose in todays world at all and you know it. It's just there because of the history. Realistically speaking, there isn't a single war situation that we had any chance defending that couldn't be handled with a system similar to the US for example. Finland is among only a few countries in Europe that still use this old system that comes from the middle-ages.

Other than wasting a LOT of tax payers money this system also wastes a year from every young adults life. During that time they could actually be contributing to the government and bringing in money instead of wasting it running in the woods for no good reason at all. Then there is the fact that women don't have to anything. For example in my university most of the women in my year are at least 2 years younger on average than the guys, due to army.

I see getting C-papers when you really don't need them as the smart thing to do. Really you could be making A LOT of money or educating yourself in the time others are running around in forest playing like children. Get a proper army, give the soldiers a proper paycheck and i can quarantee you they'd be 10 times more motivated and better soldiers than the fat pimpled teenagers we call an army. And before you comment on me i actually served my 9 months in the navy. I didn't benefit a single thing from the experience and I only did it cause i felt like i had to.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Only a man could think of that way. As a women i think there's more a man in a guy who acts according to his principles and just doesnt' follow the pack and does what "he is supposed to do".
Its not that they are brave enough to follow their heart. Its they are just too lazy for it. You can see it in those guys in their other acts too.. just a bunch of whiners, most of them who I know. Allways skipping the school also.. maybe they are so manly that they dont do anything right, thats really manly? They are man enough to just stay unemployed.. Im sorry to say this if there is some who skipped the army, and doesnt fit in thiss, this aint for 100% of them, but who I know, most of them dont do anything right. They allways were lazy and skipped in the school, then they skipped the army, just drinking... and are unemployed or extremely unmotivated to do anything.

I allways follow my heart, so why would I have lied to doctor to get the C-class. Its really low to give more respect for those guys, seriousely.. But luckily I dont need to ask anyone's respect to say things as they are or wait anyones respect.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

:laugh: That doesn't need smartness. ANYONE can do that with their given smartness. You just need to have low enough selfrespect to allways cheat yourself out of everything that includes any work. Its a thing of attitued in other words. You can go trought schools with only taking part of under 50% of classes if you want.. You call them smart too? And you call the smart who have lived like 20 years avoiding any jobs and they still get payed, are they smart? It doesn't take smartness, you just have to have low selfrespect enough and put litle effort to avoid everything. In this society, you dont haveto do anything but die, if you dont want to do anything. You can allways let others do your part if you are motivated enough for that.

Then you go to the doctor and whine for something, and you actually think they really believe.. They write the "C" and silently think "what a loser". Same goes to when you go to give your execuses every month to the unemployed office. You allways go with some execuse.. They dont think like "wow he's unlucky, he has had so bad luck that in 20 years he havent have a chance to try any job". What they think is "wow, what loser and avoider... he should gethimself back on track!"

90% of theme are drunkards enough to do that. Sad to say, losers. They are smart enough like the ones are smart enough who steal their food from the shop so they dont haveto pay.. isn't that smart, just to think yourself and not give a crap about anyone else? :shakehead

I know there is some (rare) solid people that just skip it. But the ones i know from my ex school.. :shakehead

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Finnish army system is bullsh*t and you know it. It has no purpose in todays world at all and you know it. It's just there because of the history. Realistically speaking, there isn't a single war situation that we had any chance defending that couldn't be handled with a system similar to the US for example. Finland is among only a few countries in Europe that still use this old system that comes from the middle-ages.

Other than wasting a LOT of tax payers money this system also wastes a year from every young adults life. During that time they could actually be contributing to the government and bringing in money instead of wasting it running in the woods for no good reason at all. Then there is the fact that women don't have to anything. For example in my university most of the women in my year are at least 2 years younger on average than the guys, due to army.

I see getting C-papers when you really don't need them as the smart thing to do. Really you could be making A LOT of money or educating yourself in the time others are running around in forest playing like children. Get a proper army, give the soldiers a proper paycheck and i can quarantee you they'd be 10 times more motivated and better soldiers than the fat pimpled teenagers we call an army. And before you comment on me i actually served my 9 months in the navy. I didn't benefit a single thing from the experience and I only did it cause i felt like i had to.

Don't make a fact out of your opinion. We will find out this system's effectiveness when Finland goes to war. There is no other way to find out.

Latex*

Don't make a fact out of your opinion. We will find out this system's effectiveness when Finland goes to war. There is no other way to find out.

You speak like it's really going to happen in the future.

We will not fight another war in the next 100 years.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
You speak like it's really going to happen in the future.

I don't believe in eternal state of peace. Wars come and go but I can't foresee the future and neither can you so we shouldn't be guessing.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

If this is was a fact, the system wouldnt be like this right now be different and would be thigntened again when 100 years would been coming close to be filled.

How ever, if a global disaster of nature or crisis like ww3 occurs, the east neighbour would have a good situation to try to use it as their advantage. I dont believe the leaders share the thinking of loving, i believe they share the thinking of "more power" and "my advantage", thats why we are not safe. Normal russians dont look like they want war thought.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
If this is was a fact, the system wouldnt be like this right now be different and would be thigntened again when 100 years would been coming close to be filled.

How ever, if a global disaster of nature or crisis like ww3 occurs, the east neighbour would have a good situation to try to use it as their advantage. I dont believe the leaders share the thinking of loving, i believe they share the thinking of "more power" and "my advantage", thats why we are not safe. Normal russians dont look like they want war thought.

Why oh why do Finns always insist that Russia is somehow the biggest threat for us and that they'll attack us soon as they get a chance? :shakehead Read history and you'll notice that Russia had no choice in the matter both times they attacked Finland, first they were strong armed by Napoleon and later by Hitler and his impending attack. If there is a threat of any kind to Finns it's terrorism and I don't see Finns being a target of theirs... Doom and gloom all you want, but if there were a third world war Finland would not play a part in it. We might send some troops to help, but that's about it. Which is just one of the reasons why we should change our out-dated medieval drafting system ...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Looking at these pictures makes me hate living in sweden. ******* are the swedish women ever so average with the right reference frames...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->