Finland are your world champions

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It must be really good for Finland to win this as well given all the dire predictions made for the Finnish team, what would happen in the futurue without Saku Koivu, without Olli Jokinen, without Teemu Selänne, without Teppu Numminen.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
You two need to man up and call in sick tomorrow, you will likely never get to celebrate something like this again. ;)

Nah, I'm too old and responsible for that. Besides I can't just go, the kids are sleeping in another room (which is a miracle they still are because there was quite a bit of shouting going on in this household during the game :laugh:)

Gabranth

#19 #88
Apr 2, 2009
Finland
Lol you sure didn't think that way a year back when you constantly kept trolling his thread...

But anyways, i changed my mind and i'm going out to celebrate!

Don't take everything too seriously. I love joking and annoying people. :D

Glad you remember me tho.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
This is a big win for some of our key players. Mikko Koivu the captain of Finland did the same as his brother 16 years ago. Also Tuomo Ruutu who almost ended his carreer some years back. Mikko And Tuomo will be our key players also for years to come.

Mikael Granlund OMG what a tournament from him. We will remember him from 2011 World champion and as a guy who made the most beautiful goal in the world. He could be winning many many more gold medals for Finland in the future.

Also a bunch of other players like Kapanen, Immonen, Aaltonen, Lepistö, Kukkonen, Salmela, Vehanen etc. This is so HUGE!

AND Dont forget who will host the next world championships! Yes, I welcome everyone to Finland next year, party continues there!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This is a big win for some of our key players. Mikko Koivu the captain of Finland did the same as his brother 16 years ago. Also Tuomo Ruutu who almost ended his carreer some years back. Mikko And Tuomo will be our key players also for years to come.

Mikael Granlund OMG what a tournament from him. We will remember him from 2011 World champion and as a guy who made the most beautiful goal in the world. He could be winning many many more gold medals for Finland in the future.

Also a bunch of other players like Kapanen, Immonen, Aaltonen, Lepistö, Kukkonen, Salmela, Vehanen etc. This is so HUGE!

AND Dont forget who will host the next world championships! Yes, I welcome everyone to Finland next year, party continues there!

Saku wasn't captain though ;)

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
http://hockey.expressen.se/trekronor/1.2437273/intervjun-med-fasth-fick-wikegard-tarogd

Pretty sad video & Swedish tears. Cheer up swedes you'll crush us in soccer soon :).

LOL, Wikegård..angry most of the times but now emotional. I love it. I can't imagine some other Swedish "expert" having the same passion.

I sure hope we will crush.....well win by an odd goal in the upcoming football match. Tickets, trip and the hotel is arranged. It better be worth 3 points. I'm not losing any sleep over this game alone but a loss or draw on june 7th will be too much to take.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Saku wasn't captain though ;)

juti1.jpg

Apparently Putte is only Finnish double champion now! :handclap: :laugh:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
I sure hope we will crush.....well win by an odd goal in the upcoming football match.

Don't worry, you'll crush us then, and we'll gladly give you that. Our football isn't going anywhere anytime soon anyway. :)

Dr Despair

Mar 22, 2009
I am happy, so very happy.

Does this mean we now get vodka and knife emoticons on the boards?

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Finland is my second favorite hockey nation. My heart broke back in Turin. I know this doesn't make up for it but it must be such a relief to get a gold.

Hopefully there is more success in the future with Mikael Granlund and company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->