Finland are your world champions

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Here starts Finland's dynasty of consecutive WC championships! We'll continue it by breaking the home ice curse next year in Finland :). Speaking of which, is it known yet what the 8 team groups are going to be?

Latex*

A long time lurker here, just had to break my silence now. I'm so happy!!! :handclap:

You are not even close to that guy in the wild section who had been a member since 2006 and wrote his first post a few weeks ago. :speechles

But anyways: Torilla tavataan!

Raimoh

Jul 21, 2010
Poika on tullut kotiin!

:win::partytime:

Koivu's celebration after Pyörälä's goal tells everything.

svea

Feb 18, 2006
This was an incredible team. The one in Turin was another one, but as far as WC goes, this team has been one of the best Finnish teams I have seen.

Absolutely tremendous!

Sweden's early lead wasn't a bit worrying, I fully knew the Finns would take the lead like they did so many times before in this tournament... They played like I've never seen a Finnish team play. So confident and driven, never panicking, just having fun playing. They did everything you're almost not supposed to do in Finnish hockey.

They were absolutely going for the gold and as I said before the game, if there was ever a Finnish team in the last decade that could pull this off, it was this one. Incredible!

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Unbelievable team! Thank you! They showed so much character. Coming from behind was it 4 or 5 times in this tournament! I had a very good feeling about this team from the get go though it seemed we're going to have huge goal scoring troubles again, but hey... what a way to finish this tournament! 6 goals against Sweden!

Great management, great leadership, great game plan and coaching! Unbelievable! And to top it all off, we saw the rise of the next Finnish star Mikael Granlund at national team level. Nobody knew how good he would be at this tournament and now he's a freaking national hero! I love this kid...

Swedes played an excellent tournament too with their young team. This was the year we had to take the championship because it will be so much harder in the near future with those guys growing up.

Only thing that sucks is that I have to go work tomorrow. Damn, I feel I'm missing the party of the decade right now. And how can I get some sleep? My pulse is still probably around 150 and I should wake up in 5 hours... :laugh:

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I will say this, my default nations in Europe are Finland and Sweden. All I cared about today was seeing a great game, considering I'd have been happy with either outcome.

Suomi, you guys played one hell of a game! Fantastic! A well deserved gold medal! Congratulations!

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Only thing that sucks is that I have to go work tomorrow. Damn, I feel I'm missing the party of the decade right now. And how can I get some sleep? My pulse is still probably around 150 and I should wake up in 5 hours... :laugh:

Some people (me) have stayed up since yesterday... And I have school at 08:00 am tomorrow :cry:

You two need to man up and call in sick tomorrow, you will likely never get to celebrate something like this again. ;)

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
It's just hockey. I'm happy, but a few glasses of good scotch and a Cuban cigar was enough for me. Now I'm just gonna take a few pills and maybe some cough medicine to actually get some sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad