Pool: Finland - A,B,C,D,E,F,G... teams. Write as many as you can.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Let's see if this idea is a massive fail :).

There are always talks about for example X team icing their D-squad for international tournaments and we've seen some of those threads for Canada, but I don't remember seeing such for Finland, so I challenge you to write as many Finland A, B, C, D, E, F, G and so on as you can. The posts might become long so I thought that we could use it's own thread for it.

If a player is used for one team, you of course can't use that player for another team. Don't be afraid of mistakes such as putting RW to wrong wing. Each team must have 3 goalies, 8 defenders and 12 forwards. Remember that if the posts are long, more mistakes will happen. The thread is supposed to be just for fun so don't judge people too harshly.

Originally I wrote my line up to a .txt file, because I wanted to see where Finland's 2021 WHC players should be slotted. This is what I came up with. There are many mistakes here, so forgive me. I bolded the players who were in Finland's 2021 WHC team:

Teräväinen-Aho-Laine
Kakko-Hintz-Kapanen
Armia-Mi.Granlund-Puljujärvi

Heiskanen-Lindell
Ristolainen-Lehtonen
Vatanen-Määttä
Nutivaara-Hakanpää

Rask
Saros
Lankinen
---------------------------------------------------------

B Team:
------------
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Kuokkanen
Komarov-Lundell-Ruotsalainen
Kiviranta-Filppula-Tolvanen
Luostarinen-Haula-Lammikko

Välimäki-Mikkola
Jokiharju-Juolevi
Vaakanainen-Heinola
Reunanen-Riikola

Korpisalo
Kähkönen
Koskinen
--------------------------------------------------------

C Team:
------------
Hartikainen-Manninen-Ma.Granlund
Vesalainen-Jori Lehterä-Heponiemi
Savinainen-Suomela-Pakarinen
Mäenalanen-Björninen-Anttila

S.Lepistö-J.Hietanen
Ohtamaa-Kaski
Lindbohm-Pokka

Niku-Koivisto

Rinne
Raanta
Husso
-------------------------------------------------------------------

D Team:
------------
Jesse Ylönen-Koivistoinen-Aleksi Saarela
Kupari-Miro Aaltonen-Juuso Puustinen
J.Junttila-J.Kemppainen-M.Salomäki
Joona Luoto-Kossila-Sampo Ranta

O.Leskinen-T.Sund
Saarijärvi-Nousiainen
J.Honka-T.Kivihalme
Kokkonen-Thomson

Olkinuora
U-P. Luukkonen
L.Lehtinen
------------------------------------------------------------------

E Team:
-----------
Pajuniemi-J.Nättinen-T.Pulkkinen
J.Sallinen-Kontiola-Innala
Björkvist-Ruohomaa-T.Rajala
Maccelli-J.Tyrväinen-Ojamäki

Rindell-J.Jokipakka
A.Lintuniemi-Joonas Härvinen
E.Eronen-Kivistö
R.Salo-Viro

Säteri
Veini Vehviläinen
Kasimir Kaskisuo
-------------------------------------------------------

F Team
------------
Turunen-P.Lindgren-Suomi
Hännikäinen-H.Borgström-Haapala
Talvitie-Pärssinen-J.Joensuu
J.Peltola-Tiivola-Pyörälä

Melart-K.Näkyvä
Friman-x
x-x
x-x

Christopher Gibson
Kilpeläinen
Hovinen
--------------------------------------------------------

G Team
----------
Karjalainen-O.Palve-J-M.Aaltonen
O.Palola-T.Sallinen-K. Kuusela
H.Pesonen-Pihlström-Ilomäki
V.Puustinen-J.Lajunen-Joonas Rask

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I like the idea. But with a Canadian team, there has to be a limit. Or Russian, swedish etc.

Maybe G team last.
I have not deep insight enough on SEL to do it ob swedish players

Reactions: Mestaruus

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thin it's a great post and a really good job. I also get annoyed by the small percentage of Candian Troll fans that use the World Juniors and the NHL as their base for international knowledge. However, they are a small (and unfortunately vocal) group that is best left ignored.lol Yes, I did take a jab at one of them yesterday so I'm no better.lol

However, no matter how you shake it.. certain fans simply didn't see Connor McDavid out there and therefore it wasn't Canada's best team and they can't seem to get their heads around the fact that Rantanan wasn't skating out their either. Or that Finland went back to back finals without using any of their NHL goalies. Or that no Drai is a lot harder for Germany than no McDavid for Canada.

I wrote it several times during the tourney but some people didn't get it... I"m convinced they think Canada beat the Finnish Olympic team last night with their Z team. Questions like 'how many of these Finns would make this team Canada' never got answered. I'm actually positive those posters couldn't even name 3 guys on the Finnish team but they know it wasn't fair.lol They just know that Finland had the best of the best KHL players (which is funny because they didn't have their scoring stars from Europe).

This small subsection of fans is like kids collecting pokemon cards and bragging about how they have the best cards. They have no interest in international hockey. They don't even follow it. They spend most their days writing in the best on best roster threads and will IMMEDIATELY let you know about the B team Canada could send after the A team is announced. I can see the thread already.lol

Just remember that the team with the most NHLers does not have an advantage (Canada and US had more NHL players than the other 12 rosters combined)
The team with the most first round picks does not have an advantage
The team with the leading scorers in the tournament does not have an advantage (who was better than Mangiapane and Brown on forward in this tourney?)
The team with the ONLY NHL goalies does not have an advantage (despite winning 2 of the 3 medals)
The team with the highest salary does not have an advantage
The team with the most NHL goals does not have an advantage

A small percentage of people simply could not get their head around no Crosby or MacKinnon. The fact there were 15 other rosters that were all missing top players eluded them the whole time. They could only compare their Canada Roster to the best on best Roster (that doesn't exist yet) or the previous 5 World Championship rosters precovid.

This was the most even World's in history. Almost no blowouts and tonnes of close games. Those posters don't want that.. they enjoy their 12-0 routes of Denmark at Xmas every year and expect Canada to win 6 WJHC in a row again.

To be clear, I'm not taking a shot at the good Canadian posters whom I enjoyed the whole tourney. Just the 'it's our game AINEC' troll crowd.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I like the idea. But with a Canadian team, there has to be a limit. Or Russian, swedish etc.

Maybe G team last.
I have not deep insight enough on SEL to do it ob swedish players

Well it was "write as many as you can". When it gets boring to write more, then it's time to stop :).

Of course it would've been possible to make many more Finnish teams than just G-team and those would've still been teams that would've put up a fight with some teams at the WHC. I left out many KHL players and AHL players, Liiga, SHL and Swiss League players.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
A small percentage of people simply could not get their head around no Crosby or MacKinnon. The fact there were 15 other rosters that were all missing top players eluded them the whole time. They could only compare their Canada Roster to the best on best Roster (that doesn't exist yet) or the previous 5 World Championship rosters precovid.

This was the most even World's in history. Almost no blowouts and tonnes of close games. Those posters don't want that.. they enjoy their 12-0 routes of Denmark at Xmas every year and expect Canada to win 6 WJHC in a row again.

To be clear, I'm not taking a shot at the good Canadian posters whom I enjoyed the whole tourney. Just the 'it's our game AINEC' troll crowd.

I mostly stayed out of the post final game thread as it was a depressing way for Finland to lose that final on 3on3, so there was not that much to say about it. 3on3 shouldn't be the way to play the first OT of a final of this magnitude. It sounds like it was a good thing to stay out of that post final game thread. I got the impression that some Finnish posters had some flame wars with some Canadians there.

It was a great tournament as you said because it was very close between more nations than ever and well hosted by Latvians in these difficult circumstances and a Covid-19 free tournament was amazing. Over 6k tests on the players and their staff and not a single infection. We were lucky to be able to see such an entertaining tournament once again. All nations that participated and all who watched the tournament were the winners, regardless of their country's final position in the tournament.

Let's hope that next year's tournament will be even closer to normal and that all the international fans get to come to Finland. Finland has been a good host in the past and one of the leading nations of Europe in dealing with Covid-19 so let's hope that it goes well. Only fear is that if the restrictions are too harsh and it's hard for the international fans to come, but at least it's very unlikely that we get the pandemic spreading inside the tournament very much.

Last edited:

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Too lazy to create the rosters but you could just take 1-3 players from the main roster, fill the rest of the team with the better players from top Euro leagues & KHL and voilà you have a better team (on paper) than either of the 2019 & 2021 teams.

That alone makes around 10 teams.

Pretty sure we could build a few better teams even without any NHL players... There is so many players Finnish players outside of NHL that are either equal or even better than most of the players in our national team this year. Määttä being the only exception really.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I thin it's a great post and a really good job. I also get annoyed by the small percentage of Candian Troll fans that use the World Juniors and the NHL as their base for international knowledge. However, they are a small (and unfortunately vocal) group that is best left ignored.lol Yes, I did take a jab at one of them yesterday so I'm no better.lol

However, no matter how you shake it.. certain fans simply didn't see Connor McDavid out there and therefore it wasn't Canada's best team and they can't seem to get their heads around the fact that Rantanan wasn't skating out their either. Or that Finland went back to back finals without using any of their NHL goalies. Or that no Drai is a lot harder for Germany than no McDavid for Canada.

I wrote it several times during the tourney but some people didn't get it... I"m convinced they think Canada beat the Finnish Olympic team last night with their Z team. Questions like 'how many of these Finns would make this team Canada' never got answered. I'm actually positive those posters couldn't even name 3 guys on the Finnish team but they know it wasn't fair.lol They just know that Finland had the best of the best KHL players (which is funny because they didn't have their scoring stars from Europe).

This small subsection of fans is like kids collecting pokemon cards and bragging about how they have the best cards. They have no interest in international hockey. They don't even follow it. They spend most their days writing in the best on best roster threads and will IMMEDIATELY let you know about the B team Canada could send after the A team is announced. I can see the thread already.lol

Just remember that the team with the most NHLers does not have an advantage (Canada and US had more NHL players than the other 12 rosters combined)
The team with the most first round picks does not have an advantage
The team with the leading scorers in the tournament does not have an advantage (who was better than Mangiapane and Brown on forward in this tourney?)
The team with the ONLY NHL goalies does not have an advantage (despite winning 2 of the 3 medals)
The team with the highest salary does not have an advantage
The team with the most NHL goals does not have an advantage

it just boils down to you need to beat the team in front of you.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Thing is these so called troll posters want some representation of reality of a best on best tournament, and in their minds an E team Canada (nb. I haven't done the actual math-ing of 23 players per letter, but I'm guessing it's not far off. After about the 50-60 top forwards, 30 or so defensemen and 12 Goaltenders, this is probably around the best roster available) beating a C team Finland in OT is proof in their heads than an A team Canada would blowout an A team Finland and the rest of the countries.

Except it doesn't quite work that way, because depth. There are a lot of Canadian (and American) pro hockey players and just because E team Canada >= C team Finland doesn't necessarily mean A team Canada > A team Finland.

I feel like WHCs is the great equalizer - I firmly believe Canada as a whole (except scenarios like 2015) sends weaker rosters for their countries than most other nations - say if it's a B team kind of year, Canada on balance might send a C team. The dropoff between A team Czech or Germany to B team might be pretty sharp, but the dropoff between Canada B and C might not be as steep, so you're still getting a pretty good representation of where the nations stand in these tournaments. C team Canada for ex. facing off against B team Sweden would possibly be fairly representative to how A team Canada faces off against A team Sweden.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Hey Hey, My My ... rock'n'roll can never die.

But Canadian superstars can do that. Kill their team.
That is.

They have not ever to be seen in the Stanley Cup playoffs; this is a story of a rotten Johnny (Sex Pistols) forgotten.

Eins, swei, drei ... and A,B,C:

A: Matthews: Toronto jaws no way bro'!

B: Scheifele: Whatever did ya do THAT total idiot-trick to get out of your sleeve and hux flux and Winnipeg too?!

C: McDavid ... only McDavid you're not hunting around on the empty plains of oil-field Edmonton-style anymore when hard rock play offs comes around. And you hit a brick wall. Moped-style ... not Mc.

A honorary mention goes to: MacKinnon of Colorado fame ... wake up bro' until it's too late.

Keep on rockin' in the free world Canada ... coz Finland gonna get ya in the Olympics!:thumbu:

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
X-cuse me while i kiss the sky - Matthews was born in the U.S.A (San Remo) but that ain't a carnival for Canada any way and anyhow next when Olympics comes around:DD:nod:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Please, do someone Slovakia Team D.

A:

Halak
Rybar

Sekera - Cernak
Chara - Fehervary
Jaros - Cajkovsky

Tatar - Hrivik - Cehlarik
Lantosi - Kristof - Panik
Jurco - Ruzicka - Studenic
Bakos - M. Pospisil - K.Pospisil

B:

Liska - Hudacek - Dano
Slafkovsky - Skalicky - Cajkovic
Chromiak - Reway - Okuliar
Rudas - Sukel - Roman

Daloga - Knazko
Nemec - Ceresnak
Rosandic - Marinicin

Hudacek
Huska

C:

Bondra - Cingel - Kudrna
Lunter - Marcinko - Mikus
Buc - Holesinky - Paulovic
Griger - Zigo - Hascak

Janosik - Koch
Gachulinec - Ivan
Grman - Bucko

Godla
Ciliak

D:

Svitana - Chovan - Pulis
Tvrdon - Gaspar - Keleman
Hrehorcak - Hovorka - Tybor
A.Statsny - Gerhat - Skokan

Granak - Mikus
Jurcina - Mezaros
Mihalik - Sersen

Konrad
Janus

Reactions: I know

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
A:

Halak
Rybar

Sekera - Cernak
Chara - Fehervary
Jaros - Cajkovsky

Tatar - Hrivik - Cehlarik
Lantosi - Kristof - Panik
Jurco - Ruzicka - Studenic
Bakos - M. Pospisil - K.Pospisil

B:

Liska - Hudacek - Dano
Slafkovsky - Skalicky - Cajkovic
Chromiak - Reway - Okuliar
Rudas - Sukel - Roman

Daloga - Knazko
Nemec - Ceresnak
Rosandic - Marinicin

Hudacek
Huska

C:

Bondra - Cingel - Kudrna
Lunter - Marcinko - Mikus
Buc - Holesinky - Paulovic
Griger - Zigo - Hascak

Janosik - Koch
Gachulinec - Ivan
Grman - Bucko

Godla
Ciliak

D:

Svitana - Chovan - Pulis
Tvrdon - Gaspar - Keleman
Hrehorcak - Hovorka - Tybor
A.Statsny - Gerhat - Skokan

Granak - Mikus
Jurcina - Mezaros
Mihalik - Sersen

Konrad
Janus

When i look to team D, it isnt such bad team.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Those D,E ect teams could easily win gold with Jalonen. Actually that kind of team just won silver and won gold in 2019.

How I would rank teams personally is that A team can only miss very little of the top stars or its already B. So B team could be almost the A team but without rantanen and Barkov for example. But with that logic its going to be too big work to list them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->