WJC: Finland 2020 Roster Talk

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
One after the other, man we don't have any luck. Best wishes to Puistola.

With Lundell injured, Nordgren having no time to recover to his full potential, Puistola gone... Hopefully he can recover fast without any symptoms. Poor kid.
I would almost say Maccelli is the only potential game winning forward. This team will almost remind me of the mens W.C. team because of the injuries and i would now consider a medal as something surprising.
Annunen can perform like Lankinen on junior level if we are lucky. Our right handed D´s can perform like Mikko Lehtonen and Jokiharju if they have a good tournament, but who will take the role as this teams Anttila & Kakko?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With Lundell injured, Nordgren having no time to recover to his full potential, Puistola gone... Hopefully he can recover fast without any symptoms. Poor kid.
I would almost say Maccelli is the only potential game winning forward. This team will almost remind me of the mens W.C. team because of the injuries and i would now consider a medal as something surprising.
Annunen can perform like Lankinen on junior level if we are lucky. Our right handed D´s can perform like Mikko Lehtonen and Jokiharju if they have a good tournament, but who will take the role as this teams Anttila & Kakko?

Lundell was on the camp roster.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Why is it 99% sure? It doesn't seem to match with the timeline of six weeks to be 99% sure.

Lundell has elbow injury and he's still 5 weeks out of games.
There's no sense for Lundell go to play in U20 WJC's if / when that elbow injury is not recovered
or healed so well as it should be.

One U20 WJC' tournament is not a worth of risk
that elbow injury what Lundell has now gets worse or it happens again.

Lundell doesn't have nothing to prove is U20 WJC's he's already U20 WJC gold medalist.
And being honest he should put all in to make Team Finland's IIHF men's worlds roster like Kakko did.

PS
Lundell is graduated from juniors so deal with it.

Reactions: jalperi

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
There's no sense for Lundell go to play in U20 WJC's if / when that elbow injury is not recovered

Lundell doesn't have nothing to prove is U20 WJC's he's already U20 WJC gold medalist.
And being honest he should put all in to make Team Finland's IIHF men's worlds roster like Kakko did.

PS
Why do you always need to write like someone had pissed in your cereals? Always so mean if someone disagrees with you. Lundell may be back sooner, it can be 5 weeks, can be 4 weeks. You don't know for sure. And of course Lundell has something to prove, he doesn't get a chance to play in another U18 tournament because he is too old.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That was the case also in 2019 junior and men's tournament. Center is an area of strength if Lundell makes it this team.

Agreed. Before the injuries of Lundell and Puistola the roster seemed very well balanced and there was no clear weakness. Like there was a problem of who to drop out of the lineup rather than if there were enough quality players to fill it with. Now if those two are out the offence takes quite a big hit and like you said, the center position isn't that great anymore. There are plenty of wingers and even though most of them are not as skilled as Puistola is, they are still serviceable replacements. I doubt anyone can replace Lundell.

I am also a bit sceptical when it comes to coaching and based on the previous performances I feel like coaching should have gotten more out of the lineup in terms of offence, and I'm worried that now if Lundell and Puistola miss the tournament, this team will have problems scoring goals. Good thing is that there are a number of good offensive defencemen like Thomson and Heinola who can shoot the puck and I wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys leads the team in points (and I am presuming that they get on the team). Still I feel like this team can't rely offence to save the day like the 2016 champion team did, but they have to play great defence and rely on Annunen to keep the pucks out.

Reactions: FinPanda and king89

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
My team:

Maccelli - Kupari - Nordgren
Erholtz - Hirvonen - Kivenmäki
Aku - Aatu - Killinen
Oden - Ranta - Ville Petman
Siikanen/Tanus/Nikkanen/Haatanen

Heinola - Thomson
Honka - Kokkonen
Rindell - Utunen
Niemelä/Hatakka/Nousiainen

Annunen
Patrikainen

--

So hard to make a roster without Puistola and Lundell. :( That defense is good though.

E: Had to add Rindell, didn't notice how good he has played this season. Nousiainen out of the playing lineup.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

PS

You seem to be rigidly against it. Are you his doctor? I’m merely saying I don’t see the point in ruling him out yet, and it seems like the Finland coaching staff agrees. Let his recovery from the injury dictate if he plays. It shouldn’t be fans on the internet guessing about when he might return.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
You seem to be rigidly against it. Are you his doctor? I’m merely saying I don’t see the point in ruling him out yet, and it seems like the Finland coaching staff agrees. Let his recovery from the injury dictate if he plays. It shouldn’t be fans on the internet guessing about when he might return.

I'm getting tired of this arguing with you so i say this last time.
And it's better for you take the note now before i get mad.

There is 3 weeks now when U20 WJC's starts.
Lundell is sidelined next 5 weeks which means that he's back early January ( probably 6th or 7th January 2020) when U20 WJC's ARE OVER.

Why it's so f***ing difficult to you understand and realize that fact THE TIME IS RUNNING OUT if Lundell really wants to play in U20 WJC's Finland's U20 WJC training camp starts in 2 weeks and if / when Lundell won't be there he won't play in U20 WJC's this year.

I don't waste my time of you anymore.
So hasta la vista and goodbye.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Lundell is sidelined next 5 weeks which means that he's back early January ( probably 6th or 7th January 2020) when U20 WJC's ARE OVER.

Why it's so ****ing difficult to you understand and realize that fact THE TIME IS RUNNING OUT if Lundell really wants to play in U20 WJC's Finland's U20 WJC training camp starts in 2 weeks and if / when Lundell won't be there he won't play in U20 WJC's this year.

You are still not his doctor so you can't be so sure.¨

Why it is so hard to not get mad to people on these boards?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives

Why it's so ****ing difficult to you understand and realize that fact THE TIME IS RUNNING OUT if Lundell really wants to play in U20 WJC's Finland's U20 WJC training camp starts in 2 weeks and if / when Lundell won't be there he won't play in U20 WJC's this year.

Are you his personal doctor? Put some links up there or stop posting stuff like that

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Why you heff to be mad? It's only hockey.

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
So basically no surprises, considering the injuries and player availability. It looks like they might be trying to build a roster without a checking line (unless there is something like Petman-Killinen as 4th line), which could be a little bit of a surprise. I don't mind that, there's enough offensive talent. This is definitely going to be skilled team that wants to play with the puck, both from the D and F.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
So basically no surprises, considering the injuries and player availability. It looks like they might be trying to build a roster without a checking line (unless there is something like Petman-Killinen as 4th line), which could be a little bit of a surprise. I don't mind that, there's enough offensive talent. This is definitely going to be skilled team that wants to play with the puck, both from the D and F.
No Hirvonen is a surprise to me at least.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
So pretty much 4 even lines

Maccelli-Kupari-Haatanen
Killinen-Kivenmäki-Oden
Puistola-Tanus-Erholtz
Ranta-Räty-Räty
Saarela/Petman

Nousiainen-Thomson
Heinola-Honka
Seppälä-Utunen