WJC: Finland 2020 Roster Talk

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Oden´s skating and Puistolas dangling has been a great match in this game. I appreciate Oden´s hard work. Ranta and Räty shows something as well and i hope they show even more further down the road.
Maccelli has actually been a bit more anonymous in this game, which could be something good too. That this team can be able to win without everyone playing their best game.

Annunen does look really calm in the net.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I must say, I have been disappointed with the quality of insight and comments provided by Helminen or his assistants this tournament
As the coach should be the smartest guy on the bench.. it feels this is the weakness now

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I must say, I have been disappointed with the quality of insight and comments provided by Helminen or his assistants this tournament
As the coach should be the smartest guy on the bench.. it feels this is the weakness now
Yeah but it was quite expected. Helminen isn't the best coach.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
8-1 USA. Honka and Thomson will play horrible and the poor Annunen will get destroyed early in this quarterfinal. Thomson will probably sit in the penalty box a couple of times, great captain... Raipe will have no answers just because he´s not good enough, neither tactically or mentally.
The Americans will have an extra eye on Puistola and Maccelli and therefor make them anonymous in this game. Ranta has only played one good game and he will probably not wake up for this one against tougher competition.
Räty brothers are just like Maccelli in this tournament, sometimes they show up and sometimes they don´t.
The only player who has brung an consistent work effort in every single game is Joonas Oden and therefor i hope he has a good game and impresses the scouts. He´s a good skater with a great motor, grinds and works hard in every shift. He has the potential to become a good fourth liner in the NHL, make no mistake about it.

Caulfield will probably wake up for this one and score three goals. Zegras will continue playing great and showcase his vision. Wahlström will absolutely toy with defenders like Honka and Thomson.
Kaliyev will probably score at least two goals in this one.
Last but not least, Turcotte has been underwhelming in this tournament and of course he will turn it around when they face Finland.

Obviously i hope i´m wrong because i´m rooting for my Leijonat, but hey you got to be realistic.

Last edited:

king89

Dec 4, 2018
8-1 USA. Honka and Thomson will play horrible and the poor Annunen will get destroyed early in this quarterfinal. Thomson will probably sit in the penalty box a couple of times, great captain... Raipe will have no answers just because he´s not good enough, neither tactically or mentally.
The Americans will have an extra eye on Puistola and Maccelli and therefor make them anonymous in this game. Ranta has only played one good game and he will probably not wake up for this one against tougher competition.
Räty brothers are just like Maccelli in this tournament, sometimes they show up and sometimes they don´t.
The only player who has brung an consistent work effort in every single game is Joonas Oden and therefor i hope he has a good game and impresses the scouts. He´s a good skater with a great motor, grinds and works hard in every shift. He has the potential to become a good fourth liner in the NHL, make no mistake about it.

Caulfield will probably wake up for this one and score three goals. Zegras will continue playing great and showcase his vision. Wahlström will absolutely toy with defenders like Honka and Thomson.
Last but not least, Turcotte has been underwhelming in this tournament and of course he will turn it around when they face Finland.

Obviously i hope i´m wrong because i´m rooting for my Leijonat, but hey you got to be realistic.
No we win.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

This is the nostalgic Finnish optimism I was looking for :laugh:

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017

Great copypasta

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I am worried about us not having enough players to fully challenge our future opponents. Tanus may get suspension. I hope Petman is good to go.

Whodoyouthinkyousee

Dec 27, 2015
Is Raipe getting any recognition for a great system and execution for this game? Or does it only count when people are not happy about him. Finland played extremely well in a live or die match and executed the defencive system almost perfectly. Against a team that was better than them.

Would be just nice to get some positivity around finns when someone does something well. Especially when everyone is ready to blame the coach for every single thing that goes sideways.

Reactions: 1OApick and Itkonen

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Is Raipe getting any recognition for a great system and execution for this game? Or does it only count when people are not happy about him. Finland played extremely well in a live or die match and executed the defencive system almost perfectly. Against a team that was better than them.

Would be just nice to get some positivity around finns when someone does something well. Especially when everyone is ready to blame the coach for every single thing that goes sideways.
We can't be happy and positive until we have won gold.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
The powerplay still doesn't make any sense, I mean what are the roles in the first unit? Why is Thomson not playing in the left circle, Nousiainen at the point and Maccelli at right wall? That might actually work instead of the current format..

The second unit never ever passes behind the net to Puistola or to the middle with Oden(yes he scored, but other than that), just plays around with Tanus, Heinola and Honka with nobody able to shoot the puck.

Anyway great effort by the defense and Annunen. Thomson still makes too many mistakes..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad