WJC: Finland 2020 Roster Talk

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
So can we predict the 2021 roster already? Just for fun.

Patrik Puistola - Anton Lundell - Leevi Aaltonen
Aku Räty - Aatu Räty - Kasper Simontaival
Brad Lambert - Henri Nikkanen - Matias Mäntykivi
Antti Saarela - Roni Hirvonen - Marcus Kallionkieli
Tuukka Tieksola

Ville Heinola - Mikko Kokkonen
Santeri Hatakka - Kalle Loponen
Ruben Rafkin - Topi Niemelä

Joel Blomqvist
Kari Piiroinen
Roope Taponen'

4 offensive lines

I would be even more fun to see Lundell in this year's roster but no can do, it is what it is, and the team is stronger when star players are out, naeillae mennaaeaen and so on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope, how do you know that from couch.

It is impossible to say, but Annunen is leading the Liiga. Have you done any DD

Would you have said Annunen was better than these other goalies prior to this season? He’s been the starter for the powerhouse of Finland. He’s never been regarded as an elite talent around here, and from the games I’ve seen, I haven’t been that impressed either. Why is it surprising that someone would want to see him prove that he can sustain this level in a different environment before being compared to players that for years have been extremely highly rated?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Is it too late to take that C off Thomson's jersey.
We need a captain who won't take 2 idiotic penalties in game like this.

Thomson is supposed to show captain's example and leadership during the games.
Not to sit 2 times in game into penalty box.

If Thomson can't handle pressure situations in U20 WJC's how he can handle those then in NHL ?
Thomson's head is softer than pizza hut's pan-pizza.

Thanks a lot Lassi Thomson your idiotic overtime penalty helped Sweden to win this game.
You Lassi Thomson were one undisciplined f***ing idiot in Sweden game so congrats of that honor.
Yeah what a '' great '' captain but only in my ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Well it was a deserved victory for Sweden but a terrible game by Finland nonetheless. Annunen played well except the last goal but otherwise just a very bad game from start to finish.

The question is how or if they are going to rise from this performance. Even though the result was close the game was just absolutely horrible from our side. Now the coaching staff and players need to step up a few notches if we want this to be a tournament to remember.

Both offensively and defensively we need massive improvement or else we’ll have a quick exit and another so-called “Hangover” year in the WJC.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Really don't get any of the lineup decisions Raipe has made.

-Playing 2 offensive d-man on same pairs?(Nousiainen-Thomson, Heinola-Honka)
-Taking 8 defenseman instead 13 forwards, if we lose Kupari, not looking good.
-Playing Killinen on the first line instead of Ranta or Räty?
-Using Erholtz on the PK and on 3vs3?
-Nousiainen as net front guy on the PP, wtf?

This could've been a good team but with Raipe and co it's not looking good. Sweden could have easily scored 5 more goals without Annunen. Hard to find anything positive on the game, except Puistola and Annunen.

Reactions: hn777 and king89

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Everything went according to plan. What a performance from Annunen, he even got a piece of that last shot so the swedes thought he tried to save it, but actually he let it in on purpose. So the swedes would win...WHAT you say??? Yeah exactly...now we will be underdogs...exactly the position we want to be in..imagine evil Helminen laughter..:snide:

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

This could've been a good team but with Raipe and co it's not looking good. Sweden could have easily scored 5 more goals without Annunen. Hard to find anything positive on the game, except Puistola and Annunen.

I'd add Maccelli, Tanus, Ranta to that category as well. Killinen is OK as well, he's just playing way too high in the lineup. Mixed feelings about Honka -- not good defensively, but he was one of the few players who had the talent/stones to move the puck on the PP.

I'd bump Tanus as the #1 center. Maybe switch Ranta and Killinen as well.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
-Fire helminen
-No chemistry
-long distance players not supporting
-no zone time, we are just in a hurry all the time
-heinola was horrible

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Quite bad first game, but they usually are. It is typical to team Finland start tournament like this.
Interesting to see can Helminen actually do his job and get teamplay in order.
Must to do as Finland nd does not have that special talent to win games solo.
Ok. Goalie maby.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I for one am bit dissapointed in Annunen in this game, after he missed his swing for the puck in the swedens second goal he started to look bit shaky, stats on his side tho.

Reactions: hn777 and Svedu

hellvetet

Oct 2, 2015
I'd add Maccelli, Tanus, Ranta to that category as well. Killinen is OK as well, he's just playing way too high in the lineup. Mixed feelings about Honka -- not good defensively, but he was one of the few players who had the talent/stones to move the puck on the PP.

I'd bump Tanus as the #1 center. Maybe switch Ranta and Killinen as well.
Not quoting you on purpose but Honka was imo truly awful.

His assist on the goal was smooth along with a few snap passes on the PP but he made at least three completely boneheaded plays that resulted in a high danger scoring chance. I love controlled risk taking but these were just horrendous plays with very little upside.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
New lines i want to see.

Maccelli- Kupari -Ranta
Puistola- Tanus -Oden
A Räty- A Räty -Killinen
Erholtz- Petman -Saarela

Honka - Kokkonen
Thomson - Utunen
Heinola - Seppälä
Nousiainen - Hatakka

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I for one am bit dissapointed in Annunen in this game, after he missed his swing for the puck in the swedens second goal he started to look bit shaky, stats on his side tho.

What a hell you are talking did you even watch the game ?
Without Annunen ( 45 saves ) Sweden would have murdered us at least 6-2 or even uglier.
And this is a FACT.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
What a hell you blabber without Annunen ( 45 saves ) Sweden would have murdered us 6-2 or even worse.
Still the goals he let in wouldn’t had happened if he was on his game, the ot goal was something he normally would catch and if he had played the rebound less aggresive on the second goal he would’ve had far better chance to block it.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's total waste of Räty brothers to have them in 4th line.
Now if Kupari is out due to tournament ending injury put Aatu Räty 1st Line with his brother.
In my opinion 1st line didn't work so well in Sweden game.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Still the goals he let in wouldn’t had happened if he was on his game, the ot goal was something he normally would catch and if he had played the rebound less aggresive on the second goal he would’ve had far better chance to block it.

That overtime goal wasn't Annunen's goal so STOP blaming him.
It ( Sweden's 3-2 goal ) was perfect shot By Holtz and straight to top-shelf = 100% GoalScorers goal.

That ( 3-2 goal ) is the way how world-class sniper scores so 10 points for Holtz.
I don't know what a hell you have expected by Annunen but this is U20 WJC hockey NOT NHL hockey.

And what comes to that Sweden's 2-2 goal
it wouldn't have never happened if our dmans wouldn't have hold their coffee break during the game.

And they would have been able to clear that damn rebound-puck out of the net and Finland's D zone.
But some reason those idiots ( Finland's dmans ) were somewhere else than there where
they should have been.

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Agreeing with you on most parts but playing Räty on the 1st line would be a mistake. As exciting as he is you want someone more seasoned to handle the tougher minutes to avoid fatigue (especially if the team is trying to get a medal)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I think rauli urama needs to go after appointing helminen

Urama is not working into Finnish Hockey association after next May.
I don't know have you read Finnish hockey news for a while

but Urama is hired next sport-manager of TPS Turku SM liiga team.
So he won't go and leave anywhere before next May.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
That overtime goal wasn't Annunen's goal so STOP blaming him.
It ( Sweden's 3-2 goal ) was perfect shot By Holtz and straight to top-shelf = 100% GoalScorers goal.

That ( 3-2 goal ) is the way how world-class sniper scores so 10 points for Holtz.
I don't know what a hell you have expected by Annunen but this is U20 WJC hockey NOT NHL hockey.

And what comes to that Sweden's 2-2 goal
it wouldn't have never happened if our dmans wouldn't have hold their coffee break during the game.

And they would have been able to clear that damn rebound-puck out of the net and Finland's D zone.
But some reason those idiots ( Finland's dmans ) were somewhere else than there where
they should have been.
You really need to calm down, i’m expecting him to play as good as he possibly can, i don’t think he did that today, that’s hardly blaming him

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
You really need to calm down, i’m expecting him to play as good as he possibly can, i don’t think he did that today, that’s hardly blaming him

Here we go again.
We ( you and me ) clearly watched Sweden vs Finland game yesterday different way it's proved now.

Have a nice day.
And goodnight.
Bye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->