Finding replacement for Bauer 3030 stick

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
So I am incredibly pissed that Nike has decided to take the 3030 out of production, seems every stick I like ends up going out of production. Now I need to find another wood stick sold in the Lindros pattern to use. I've been looking at the Bauer Fusion sticks and wanted to know if anyone here who has used one could give me a review on it.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
i used to use the 3030, i switched to the easton classic a while back.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I haven't played with any new nbh sticks as I'm a composite user but I've played around with the one40 and it's incredibly lightweight. I hear the durability is questionable for the blade but other than that i hear good things.

seabird

Sep 26, 2010
bumping this old thread because i too loved the 3030 and have yet to find a comparable composite replacement...any suggestions welcomed

seabird

Sep 26, 2010
Thanks. Not looking for a wood stick. Want to find a composite that has similar characteristics as the 3030. I just bought an x60 and while it's nice and light, decent for wrist shots it doesn’t have same pop for slapshots like the 3030.

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
For puck feel, the One95 (long discontinued) and Warrior Dolomite DD 2011 (might find on sale) have similar feel.

For some weird reason, I have people come to me and say that these guys : http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SW53C

do a great job replacing their old wood stick. Maybe it's the placebo effect because I have no idea why.

Look out for the Bauer Nexus 1000 stick with a mid-kick point that is supposed to mimic wood. If you want a performance stick with a wood feel, perhaps you can give that a try when it comes out.

ATLhockey437

Jun 6, 2009
Grew up playing with those sticks for nearly a decade. Miss those sticks as much as I loved em. Found a LHS in a small mountain town couple years ago. Gave a guy 100 for 10 of them, amazing sticks for feel but blades never lasted longer 3 months for me.

I've seen in the Bauer catalog that they make woodies but only sell them in europe. Seems like you would have to know some people to get your hands on these twigs anymore....

ebay is prolly your best bet, but 95% of them will be used.

hockeymass

Feb 13, 2012
The APX has a pretty woodlike puckfeel, but the kick is low, so not woodlike. I agree with AIREAYE, the Nexus line is probably going to be your best bet once it's released.

seabird

Sep 26, 2010
Yeah when I was using them regularly I went through at least 3 a season. I still have a few lying around that I use for road hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad