Financial Boycott of The Ottawa Senators/Melnyk: 2019/20 Edition

Will you financially support the team if owned by Melnyk?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Let’s set up a gofundme to make a statue of Alfredsson and donate it to the city. I think Melnyk would have a stroke.

His statue could be peeing on a smaller statue of Melnyk, just like those copyright violating Calvin decals.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Buy a hat.​

MelnykOut_Snapback_Black_Red_Front_1024x1024.png

MelnykOut Black Red Snapback

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I definitely agree with the delusion part. He probably thinks that we're like 10% of the fan base, when really its probably a solid 80% (guess) of the fan base who is done with his bs.

The only wrench in that theory is attendance and season ticket sales.

View attachment 249985

They've been decreasing for years. Mostly in 2013 after Alfie left and they took out some seats at the CTC. The only small jump was in 2015 when we went on the Hamburglar run.

Wouldn't a 6-year long crash in attendance be evidence that the fan base is not responding well to whatever you're doing? He's either:

a) The most delusional person in the country
b) The greediest person in the country
c) The stupidest person in the country
d) All of the above

Seems to fall directly with the on ice performance no? After Alfy left they started missing the playoffs or finishing just in.
Strong team before that

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Melnyk is going to sell when he will see the best ROI possible. Just let him trim and “save money” so it accelerates the process

Nothing you can really do about it but wait

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Seems easier to just give up on the team altogether and move on to something else. I'm still working towards that.

In the end, they just wield too much power over the situation, and they've demonstrated that they couldn't give less of a **** what fans think.

Yep. Been trying to stick with it...but I've felt myself drifting away over the past two years.

Hell, I don't care if this team wins or loses. Winning a Cup may be the ultimate goal, but really it's just an extra dessert after a great meal. I just want to follow an organization that has more brains than a squirrel and is competent.

Reactions: Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If anyone has access to his private box I’d volunteer to leave a few floaters. PM me

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yep. Been trying to stick with it...but I've felt myself drifting away over the past two years.

Hell, I don't care if this team wins or loses. Winning a Cup may be the ultimate goal, but really it's just an extra dessert after a great meal. I just want to follow an organization that has more brains than a squirrel and is competent.
Yup, just feels tiring and pointless when you don't share the vision or have confidence in the decision makers.

After everything that's transpired, the way they handled it and treated fans, it would probably bring me more joy to see them fail than succeed anyways, and at that point, why keep watching when you only have vengeance on the mind.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Nope. Cancelled my seasons before last season. Only went to the Karlsson return game, bought those tickets off a scalper. Didn't care that the price was jacked up, I wasn't giving a dime to Melnyk. I'll watch Chabot's last season in Ottawa from my couch.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yup, just feels tiring and pointless when you don't share the vision or have confidence in the decision makers.

After everything that's transpired, the way they handled it and treated fans, it would probably bring me more joy to see them fail than succeed anyways, and at that point, why keep watching when you only have vengeance on the mind.
Because you can revel in their failure and celebrate outlasting them when they are finally ousted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->