Financial Boycott of The Ottawa Senators/Melnyk: 2019/20 Edition

Will you financially support the team if owned by Melnyk?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
ok everyone wants melnyk to sell and to show him we are unhappy but only sit there and complain. I had an idea before that I am pushing forward to fanbase.

Basically we don't buy tickets to the game. IDK what game. show up around 5 pm and fill lot 9 and 5 with bbq's beer radio and laptops(i was going to tether my phone for a stream)/whatever you can put the game on.

we sit in the parking lot's not letting the real ticket payers park and get drunk and eat BBQ while watching game outside arena in parking lot.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He already knows fans are upset.

As with most things, he best way to deal with things that upset you is to move on to other things that don’t.

Your strategy would quickly get you forcibly removed and/or arrested. Civil unrest would shift the high ground from fans, over to EM. Try and keep in mind that he hasn’t actually done anything to any of you besides not spending more of his money on his hockey team.

It’s grounds to stay away for sure, but not for punishing other paying customers, or trying to actively attack the business.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hard too see it now ,but it wont be long until we get a resolution one way or another..EM will be done in soon enough,you cant keep robbing Peter to pay Paul forever...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He already knows fans are upset.

I think he thinks SOME fans are upset.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's convinced himself that it's just a fringe part of the fanbase, and that his entourage are afraid enough of losing their jobs to suggest to him othererwise.

It's just a theory, but I don't think it's at all far-fetched.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if he's convinced himself that it's just a fringe part of the fanbase, and that his entourage are afraid enough of losing their jobs to suggest to him othererwise.

I think you're onto something as he's mentioned this specifically a number of times. He believes there is a "vocal minority" that is unhappy. I would love to see the actual numbers.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

I definitely agree with the delusion part. He probably thinks that we're like 10% of the fan base, when really its probably a solid 80% (guess) of the fan base who is done with his bs.

The only wrench in that theory is attendance and season ticket sales.

upload_2019-8-16_13-7-1.png

They've been decreasing for years. Mostly in 2013 after Alfie left and they took out some seats at the CTC. The only small jump was in 2015 when we went on the Hamburglar run.

Wouldn't a 6-year long crash in attendance be evidence that the fan base is not responding well to whatever you're doing? He's either:

a) The most delusional person in the country
b) The greediest person in the country
c) The stupidest person in the country
d) All of the above

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I agree, not far fetched. He has been very quiet lately, and PD has referenced the fan’s displeasure lately as well.

EM is a buffoon, but I’m not sure he’s oblivious.

Doesn’t really matter in the end, only spending can earn a reprieve from some at this point.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
The Parliament Hill demonstration. The whole world will know it and it will embarrASS Melnyk to no end. Every news agency of the world will report it!!! Lets' do it as soon as possible and get ready for it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Give Melnyck a wedgie

Or

Everyone show up in cars and just park on the street and walk in so we don’t pay for parking - 8000 parked cars will send a pretty loud message

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Give Melnyck a wedgie

Or

Everyone show up in cars and just park on the street and walk in so we don’t pay for parking - 8000 parked cars will send a pretty loud message
Tweak this idea...show up in cars, park and setup a massive drive-in style screen where we broadcast the game for free. We do it continually in the auto park area.

No revenue for melnyk, and there is no way the national news and/or tsn/sportsnet doesn't pick up the story. We sell MelnykOut T-Shirts to raise money for some charity.

Reactions: Tuna99

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Tweak this idea...show up in cars, park and setup a massive drive-in style screen where we broadcast the game for free. We do it continually in the auto park area.

No revenue for melnyk, and there is no way the national news and/or tsn/sportsnet doesn't pick up the story. We sell MelnykOut T-Shirts to raise money for some charity.

Raise money for our Alfredsson statue

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

I believe he stated something very similar less than a year ago...remember when he advised fans where he would be in Navan or something and was allegedly accosted (which is insane of course) by a few fans later that very night? My intel has advised me that both him and Eugene are everything we imagine but worse, extremely out of touc, surrounded by yes men, cocky for no reason, don't pay attention to fans/customers and run everything in a 1950's style manner. Shocking I know, I personally find it almost entertaining how out of touch these guys are and how things are left to rot away here in Ottawa. I can't imagine this would occur many other spots, and certainly not in Mtl, Tor or Van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad