Financial Boycott of Melnyk-owned Senators

Are you going to financially support a Melnyk owned team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I just noticed on the website they have the updated regular season schedule but its under "2017-2018" schedule. I checked other team websites and they are all updated to 2018-2019. Do we even have a webmaster?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
In 2012 I went to 24 games, the All Star Weekend, all 3 playoff games and bought four jerseys.

The past 3 years I’ve gone to two playoff games

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I just noticed on the website they have the updated regular season schedule but its under "2017-2018" schedule. I checked other team websites and they are all updated to 2018-2019. Do we even have a webmaster?
Was traded in a package with the washing machine :sarcasm:

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Yeah, like kids want to hear all that garbage. Great, great idea. :thumbd:

Zorf, let your kids enjoy the games and those times you get away and be with them. Memories are created there that last a lifetime. It is time that you won't get back as they get older. Trust me, they grow up way too fast. Be angry after you tuck them in, have a beer.

This is one of two reason why I can still justify going to games. My kids really enjoy going to watch the Sens. They don't care about EM or the budget, they just enjoy the big arena, music and timbits, the hockey and love Karlsson. I took them to the last home game before the trade deadline because it could of been their final time seeing EK in a sens jersey and then I won that Sens contest so got to go to the last home game, I was really hoping to take my son but he was very sick with the flu so he missed out. But we have done, probably, 3 games a season as a family the last two years and really for me...the memories of seeing them be in awe and funny moments of being on the jumbotron and dancing like all the other kids is more then enough for me to want to continue the games this year. My second reason for going is frankly because I just love hockey and grabbing super cheap tickets on stubhub is worth 5 games or so for me, regardless of all the politics and drama. Its NHL hockey and there are great talents that visit.

Do I want EM to sell...absolutely 100%.

I still feel my conspiracy theory about Melnyk selling might ring true, that he will gladly torch the team and its market if he does not get what he wants from the sale. That is why we are seeing these contracts for our big 3 all come up at the same time while lebreton hangs in the balance. The reason he can do this is because of the current NHL expansion, it's in their best interest to have their franchises sell high, so EM knows he can get a solid base regardless of the true value for his team, hence the cap floor stats vs. real money posturing and internal budget.
I just wish the new owners would give in too what he wants and old Scrooge can go swim in his Barbados vault all alone while we get owners who will bring this team into a new era.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
am I supporting the team if i buy tickets off of stubhub (tickets that have already been purchased by someone else) or is it just as bad as buying regular tickets?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Melnyk won't keep me from going to games. As long as we're playing well I'll go to them but am lucky to go to more than 2 a season.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
am I supporting the team if i buy tickets off of stubhub (tickets that have already been purchased by someone else) or is it just as bad as buying regular tickets?

In theory, yeah that would be indirectly supporting the team.

The original owners of the tickets might not have made their purchase had there been a risk of not being able to sell the tickets in the event that they couldn’t or didn’t want to attend.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
In theory, yeah that would be indirectly supporting the team.

The original owners of the tickets might not have made their purchase had there been a risk of not being able to sell the tickets in the event that they couldn’t or didn’t want to attend.
Still much better than buying from the team though, as it's a sunken cost by that point. All that gets erased if you're spending money on parking/concessions/merch, though.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Now costs double the points to be able to watch the warmup from the penalty box. Basically pushing folks to buy more stuff to build up points to get a small perk.

The perks have been getting worse every year for the last decade, both in the quality of the perks, as well as the investment criteria needed to redeem them.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
The perks have been getting worse every year for the last decade, both in the quality of the perks, as well as the investment criteria needed to redeem them.

Sort of like the price of bread going up as the loaf is getting smaller and smaller.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Well now that we've had the summer to witness Melnyk and Dorion's plan in action anyone ready to change their vote?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

"Plan"

air-quotes.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I no longer have my package not because I was unwilling to renew but my buddy who I have gone with for yrs no longer cares about the team, the owner, the captain or the team. Too bad, I enjoyed using my pts to watch my girls ride around on the Zamboni one game. I will still go to the odd game if a buddy asks me or if I want to go or when out of town guests want to go to a game. I have been going to packaged games since the team came back to town, I'm gonna miss the live action at the arena & the nights out, it was something to look forward to. Luckily, I will still get to go to Redblack games to see the best team in the CFL, the Tigercats, Askee Weewee!

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad