Finally got a legit answer on CI and TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
Just got off the phone with the NHL offices. THe reason they are not showing the US game tonight is because fox has sole rights. That is given through USA Hockey and the IIHF.

On the note for TEam Canada they are not given any rights to show any of their games and if we want that in the future we need to contact Canada Hockey and the IIHF.

The only other thing for the future tournys is that as people in the states contact those groups as well as CI and request that they show the games. But for the rest of the tourny we are no go and if the US does not make the finals it is probable that the final will not be shown either.

I am wondering if I should post the number for CI on here. The girl was real nice but it was out of her hands, they were just not given the rights to show the games this year.

sprig

Jul 30, 2005
Sotnos said:
Well that sucks. Guess they want you to buy that extra Fox Sports package.

Note that directtv has a special, $10/month off for the first 6 months of the sports pak. Ends up costing $2/month for those 6 months.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
"Note that directtv has a special, $10/month off for the first 6 months of the sports pak. Ends up costing $2/month for those 6 months."

do you have to be a new person to directv or if you already have it can you still get the deal?

hockeylife

Jul 26, 2005
Glad you got an answer, even if it sucks. My Fox Sports station is showing the Oklahoma St vs Pepperdine basketball game tonight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As noted by the amount of FSN affiliates carrying the game, the IIHF should be less than pleased.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
NCSENSFAN said:
do you have to be a new person to directv or if you already have it can you still get the deal?
Just go to your account at directtv.com and add it to your package. Then after the games over go back and take it off your package and you'll only have to pay a pro rated amount on your next bill which will be less than a $1. I did this alot when I had Direct TV and it works out well if you only want the channel for a day or two to watch something specific.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
hockeylife said:
Glad you got an answer, even if it sucks. My Fox Sports station is showing the Oklahoma St vs Pepperdine basketball game tonight.

Fox Sports Ohio is showing this game as well....who in Ohio gives a damn about Ok St vs. Pepperdine? Do they have monkeys making the programming decisions?

hockeylife

Jul 26, 2005
Metallian said:

Yeah, and I even spent 30 min on hold with my cable company to see if I could pick up Fox Sports Net North, and of course, it's not available in my region.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
hockeylife said:
Yeah, and I even spent 30 min on hold with my cable company to see if I could pick up Fox Sports Net North, and of course, it's not available in my region.
They don't offer the 3 Fox college sports channels? Technically it's just a 3 pack of Fox college sports channels,but they pick up feeds from other Fox channels like FSN North. Who's your cable provider?

hockeylife

Jul 26, 2005
NCAA Hockey Fan said:
They don't offer the 3 Fox college sports channels? Technically it's just a 3 pack of Fox college sports channels,but they pick up feeds from other Fox channels like FSN North. Who's your cable provider?

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
All hooked up. Scary when you get solid customer service. :)

For those of you with Fox College Sports Central, the Canada-USA round robin game will be re-aired at 12:30 (Eastern) tomorrow afternoon.

X0ssbar

cbjfan said:
Fox Sports Ohio is showing this game as well....who in Ohio gives a damn about Ok St vs. Pepperdine? Do they have monkeys making the programming decisions?

Yeah..this blows..

On a positive note I guess I'll be on time for work tomorrow.. :pout:

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
Becareful with directv, if you get the package today and try and drop it tomorrow you will be charged a $10 service fee. This started in Sept 05. I use to do this and after getting hit with the fee I called and was told why. I also called again tonight just to make sure. So you either pay $11 (1 for the day and 10 for the cancle) or $12 for the month.

markh100

Aug 11, 2005
Toronto
cbjfan said:

Same here with Fox Sports Detroit. I wrote them a week ago to see if they could show the USA-Canada game on Saturday night, but didn't even get a response. I've resorted to watching a decent Penn State-Florida State matchup while listening on Team 1040. It would be nice if the US media gave 10% of the attention to hockey that they give to college football :madfire: I just finished writing a blog entry on the subject to voice my disgust after missing yet another WJHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad