HF Habs: Final Team Board Draft Poll - Pick #3

Pick #3

• Total voters

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
I know one tournament isn't what should determine a players value .When I saw zadina at the world juniors I was impressed how he walked Canada's defenders and he showed that he was comfortable with the puck. When I saw hughes, I thought he was a forward playing d on the power play. He skates really well and moves the puck, I noticed him a lot more than tkachuck. Kotkaniemi highlights i saw we're good but don't know too much about him . The rest I've seen scattered clips here and there .but zadina is the guy I hope we take

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I voted Zadina but it's NOT as easy a choice as some make it out to be. I could just as easily have picked Dobson or Kotkaniemi.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I voted Zadina but it's NOT as easy a choice as some make it out to be. I could just as easily have picked Dobson or Kotkaniemi.
Those are my 3 at this point too, today anyways - it's tough without knowing what MB plans on doing and doesn't seem to be a consensus BPA so went with biggest need in Kotka

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
galchenyuk isn't a true center, even julien won't use him there. this is foolish talk. even drouin isn't a true center. and if they choose kotaniemi they may be disappointed because he is naturally a rw
[
because already have a center in galy ( when this management is purged) and basically trading 3rd for a 6th

QUOTE="Thebesthockey, post: 146726523, member: 204437"]because already have a center in galy ( when this management is purged) and basically trading 3rd for a 6th[/QUO

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
how good is Larkin? At 21 years old he finished with moere points than stastny, o'reilly and rnh. Montreal probably won't make this move but it's one solution to their problem and improve the defense with maybe bouchard at 6th pick.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
I hope they take Zadina at #3, he’s got all the skills and decent size(he kinda reminds me of Kovalev). After watching a bunch of highlight packs of Kotka I don’t really see anything there that would make me pick him over Zadina. He’s a good hockey player but Z is basically and all around better player.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
montreal needs to stop picking players out of their position and then be disappointed when they don't do well.putting a lw at center and then say he struggled this year is rediculous or puting a ld at rd. It is no wonder we are stuck at 24 cups the last 25 years

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
galchenyuk isn't a true center, even julien won't use him there. this is foolish talk. even drouin isn't a true center. and if they choose kotaniemi they may be disappointed because he is naturally a rw
[

QUOTE="Thebesthockey, post: 146726523, member: 204437"]because already have a center in galy ( when this management is purged) and basically trading 3rd for a 6th[/QUO

Kotkaniemi is naturally a center...

The only reason he played RW this year is because he's a 17 years old in a men's league.

Reactions: NoQuinn

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Kotkaniemi is naturally a center...

The only reason he played RW this year is because he's a 17 years old in a men's league.
you need to check the scouts report. his secondary position is center

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
FinlandPositionRight WingSecondary PositionCenterShootsLeft
Amateur TeamPori Assat
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DraftSite Mock Draft Projection110Edmonton
51.gif
My Mock Draft ProjectionsYou must login to add a Mock Draft.DraftSite Mock Draft HistoryVersion 50: 06-09-2018110Edmonton
51.gif
Version 49: 06-09-2018110Edmonton
51.gif
Version 48: 06-09-2018110Edmonton
51.gif
Version 47: 06-08-2018110Edmonton
51.gif
Version 46: 06-08-2018110Edmonton
51.gif
...More versions
Additional InformationIs he your future power winger or your big centre? He can be such high end puck hander, be a tank-like aggressive force with his work in the crease area, or he can defend away from the puck, or be so strong on the puck, teams might project him as that big wing every team is looking for. But surely when he was finally elevated to first line cntre in the U-18 Worlds, and he showed a high end potential , and did that now project him as a forceful, physical future NHL centre? The fact that he is very proficient in the face-off circle might have NHL scouting staffs figuring he should get ample chances to develop as a pivot. Strong on his skates in his possessions and very effective on the defensive side. Needs a step to get going and is straight line attacker, but is patient and sneaky with a good wrist shot, and the ability to gift-wrap pucks to teammates. The team that drafts him will be hopeful he continues to build leg strength and fill in fully. Lots to like about his vision and hockey smarts and upside.

—Bill Placzek—
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Scouting Profile

You must login or register to add a Scouting Profile.
Video

You must login or register to add a Video.
About UsContact Us

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Peeps are so sleeping. I dont get it, kid has everything, no actual weakness.
While I agree he should be going even as high as 3, concussion history and the fact that you have to judge him with SuperElit games, it's a tad riskier for some people. Not for me because he is so damn good, but I can see why he isn't ranked higher.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Draftsite.com is not the only scouting report you can get.

Last word on Hockey:
Centre — shoots Left
Kotkaniemi could develop into an effective two-way centre at the NHL level, capable of playing against top lines, killing penalties, and playing on the powerplay. His game resembles that of Ryan O’Reilly, but this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on talent and ability.

HEotP:
Even if he spent more time on the wing in his first pro season, not unlike other young players making their debut, Kotkaniemi could very likely end up being the top centre in the draft.
With some work to improve his speed and acceleration, the Finnish player could be a real force down the middle for any NHL team, featuring on one of the top two lines for years to come.

DBD:
The 2018 draft is a weak one for centers, so that certainly helps boost Kotkaniemi’s status (even though he played wing this year in Finland, he possesses all the tools necessary to be a center in the NHL). But make no mistake: Kotkaniemi can really play. He might even end up becoming the best center from this draft, even better than Joe Veleno, in due time.

Dobberprospects:
Kotkaniemi is a versatile playmaking center, projects as a solid second line. Two-way pivot.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Write in vote: Trade down.

Unless Svenchinkov (sp), drops to 3....trade the pick and a 2nd for a C and first round pick ( hopefully top 10).

Nothing against Zadina or Tkachuk, but I just think 3-11 is a lot closer than people think. Personally Id rather Bogqvist, Bouchard or Dobson. I don't know enough about the Finnish center to guess where he'll go.

Id like to see us nab a young prospect from another organization AND a good top 10 prospect this year.

But my expectation is we take Tkachuk.

Reactions: Habs76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad