Final Russian roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Is there a website where I can get all the rosters from the upcoming and all past World junior championships?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
steblick, who do you scout for? what's your opinion of Vorobiev and Semenov (the Lada defenseman)?

As I said earlier, I'm not a scout- although I have been. There are a few NHL, international, and other scouts on HF boards- I know their identities and I've met most of them- but please understand that one of the conditions of using this board (according to those who pay my travel, hotel and other expenses- i.e., it's not a full-time job) is not to give out roles, associations or identities. And also to keep certain things, including SOME comments on SOME players, quiet.

I didn't want to bring up my "role" but earlier someone mistakenly assumed that I hadn't seen Russian WJC players at all, when in fact I've seen them more than most Canadian junior players.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
PQ... or should I say MOGiLNY... :D what are your thoughts on Yunkov? Do you see him making an impact in this tourney? Where do you think he'll play? 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line?

Thanks in advance. :)

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
steblick said:
That Russia's '85s and '86s are not so great is also pretty much widely accepted.

Well since Russian 86 recently won U18 we can assume that Russia has the best 86 group of players in the world ;)

Canadian players of 85 are beatable and even by the Russian 85 group and it was shown at the U18 2003. Team Canada won that tourney but were not so mind booming. Russia had a better record there and beat Canada 6-3 with less impressive roster than this one, with several 5'6-5'8 players on the roster. Speed, tempo, creativeness - this is what can beat this team Canada. Russians are more improvisators than Canadians, Canada = Mike Tyson, Russia = Mohammed Ali ;))

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
You don't know enough about the game to say I am biased. I follow all prospects and will tell you Russia is one dimentional. Czechs may have a better allround game then the Russias and I feel the Czechs are being overlooked in this tourney.

Russia 12 golds, Canada 10 golds. Not bad for one-dimensional Russia.

ar_emihcrd

MOGiLNY said:
Ovechkin and Malkin would make any team, but I don't think Radulov would make team Canada..

Radulov is a dominant prospect right now - top 20 in the world. Did you see him against the QMJHL?

ar_emihcrd

steblick said:
As I said earlier, I'm not a scout- although I have been. There are a few NHL, international, and other scouts on HF boards- I know their identities and I've met most of them- but please understand that one of the conditions of using this board (according to those who pay my travel, hotel and other expenses- i.e., it's not a full-time job) is not to give out roles, associations or identities. And also to keep certain things, including SOME comments on SOME players, quiet.

I didn't want to bring up my "role" but earlier someone mistakenly assumed that I hadn't seen Russian WJC players at all, when in fact I've seen them more than most Canadian junior players.

steblik,

how can I drop you a line?

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
Not in general...this years team....sheeesh

It's way better than the 2002 gold medal-winning team and their blueline in size and experience compares to the 2003 team.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
It's way better than the 2002 gold medal-winning team and their blueline in size and experience compares to the 2003 team.
Noway it compares with the 2003 blueline. That blueline had Grebeshkov, Tyutin, Koltsov and Korneev. That was one of the strongest bluelines you ever asembled.

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
Noway it compares with the 2003 blueline. That blueline had Grebeshkov, Tyutin, Koltsov and Korneev. That was one of the strongest bluelines you ever asembled.

Well, it's easy to dismiss things without explaining yourself. Why do you think Lyamin and Pervyshin didn't make this team? Because it's stacked and they were not physical enough.

This blueline does not have the elite talent of the 2003 blueline but it has size and it has grit (which is the subject at hand btw).

Megalinsky - big, good skater, physical
Rylov - superleague revelation, physical
Vorobiev - big, mean monster
Panin - Vorobiev's usual partner, smart, crafty, uses his size
Misharin - bulky guy who gets his frame involved
Ezhov - prime puckhandler, not soft
Emelin - will be a beast. much like Korsunov in the 2003 lineup

Forwards are very sturdy, especially Ovechkin and Malkin who are both physical.

So... you're wrong.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
Well, it's easy to dismiss things without explaining yourself. Why do you think Lyamin and Pervyshin didn't make this team? Because it's stacked and they were not physical enough.

This blueline does not have the elite talent of the 2003 blueline but it has size and it has grit (which is the subject at hand btw).

Megalinsky - big, good skater, physical
Rylov - superleague revelation, physical
Vorobiev - big, mean monster
Panin - Vorobiev's usual partner, smart, crafty, uses his size
Misharin - bulky guy who gets his frame involved
Ezhov - prime puckhandler, not soft
Emelin - will be a beast. much like Korsunov in the 2003 lineup

Forwards are very sturdy, especially Ovechkin and Malkin who are both physical.

So... you're wrong.
How am I wrong....3 of the defensmen from the 2003 defense will play in the NHL next season and probably become stars in the NHL. I have my doubts any of these defensmen will make it big in the NHL.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
ar_emihcrd said:

2002 had a lot of big names (a lot of them returned in 2003). Even 2002 and 2003 rosters were pretty close on paper (some may argue that 2002 on paper was better than 2003), 2003 team had a better chemistry, discipline and displayed better performance. 2005 roster looks weaker for me than 2002, 2003 but stronger than 2004.

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
How am I wrong....3 of the defensmen from the 2003 defense will play in the NHL next season and probably become stars in the NHL. I have my doubts any of these defensmen will make it big in the NHL.

What exactly is your argument? You're splitting hairs. I can waste my time with you here arguing whether these guys are good enough to make the NHL (which they are) but that would be digressing from the topic that you brought up - the one-dimensionality of team Russia. I proved that you are wrong and now you are changing the topic to that of potential.

Hypothetically, even if they are not good enough, neither were Christian Dube and Jason Botterill and we all know how they did at the WJC's.

So... you're wrong.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
What exactly is your argument? You're splitting hairs. I can waste my time with you here arguing whether these guys are good enough to make the NHL (which they are) but that would be digressing from the topic that you brought up - the one-dimensionality of team Russia. I proved that you are wrong and now you are changing the topic to that of potential.

Hypothetically, even if they are not good enough, neither were Christian Dube and Jason Botterill and we all know how they did at the WJC's.

So... you're wrong.
I'm not wrong.....which of your forwards have a physical/two way game compared to a team like Czech Republic, Canada and USA. Ovechkin and Malkin. The rest are offensive forwards.

ar_emihcrd

Slay said:
2002 had a lot of big names (a lot of them returned in 2003). Even 2002 and 2003 rosters were pretty close on paper (some may argue that 2002 on paper was better than 2003), 2003 team had a better chemistry, discipline and displayed better performance. 2005 roster looks weaker for me than 2002, 2003 but stronger than 2004.

Big names mean nothing. 2002 had good prospects in it but most of them were too young - like Tyutin and Korsunov to dominate. In 2003 they jelled because they were older and played in the Superleague longer.

Vitaly Anikeenko is a big name. You don't see him on this roster? Why? Because rosters are not built on hype - they are built on players that are better suited at the particular time.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
Big names mean nothing. 2002 had good prospects in it but most of them were too young - like Tyutin and Korsunov to dominate. In 2003 they jelled because they were older and played in the Superleague longer.

Vitaly Anikeenko is a big name. You don't see him on this roster? Why? Because rosters are not built on hype - they are built on players that are better suited at the particular time.
Or because he is having a horrible year going from top 5 in the draft to outside the 1st round. I guess you allready knew that. Or the fact that Lyamin didn't make the team because he played like trash in the remax series. I guess you knew that also because you are the know all end all of russian hockey.

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
I'm not wrong.....which of your forwards have a physical/two way game compared to a team like Czech Republic, Canada and USA. Ovechkin and Malkin. The rest are offensive forwards.

You're digressing again. No one is arguing that Russia will be a physical brickhouse like Canada. Russia will remain an offensively-minded team with a predominantly finesse style. It's been so in the past and it's worked for them.

Where you are wrong is dismissing them as one-dimensional which shows a lack of research on your part. The 2003 team was finesse but it was strong and it was physical when it had to be.

ar_emihcrd

JasonMacIsaac said:
Or because he is having a horrible year going from top 5 in the draft to outside the 1st round. I guess you allready knew that. Or the fact that Lyamin didn't make the team because he played like trash in the remax series. I guess you knew that also because you are the know all end all of russian hockey.

He didn't play like trash - he just wasn't good enough. Anikeenko is actually quite decent - but he's young and he's struggling. Which was my point.

I'm just here to clear up the fallacies that are prevalent on boards like these. They are deadening intelligent hockey discussion. Start thinking - stop copying and pasting popular homerist opinion.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
You're digressing again. No one is arguing that Russia will be a physical brickhouse like Canada. Russia will remain an offensively-minded team with a predominantly finesse style. It's been so in the past and it's worked for them.

Where you are wrong is dismissing them as one-dimensional which shows a lack of research on your part. The 2003 team was finesse but it was strong and it was physical when it had to be.
No, my researchis right. Go through the roster and tell me which forwards show an attemp at defense and physical play. You won't find many. You are wrong because you have no clue what one dimentional means.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
He didn't play like trash - he just wasn't good enough. Anikeenko is actually quite decent - but he's young and he's struggling. Which was my point.

I'm just here to clear up the fallacies that are prevalent on boards like these. They are deadening intelligent hockey discussion. Start thinking - stop copying and pasting popular homerist opinion.
No he wasn't....I seen every game and Lyamin was hardly the force that many thought he would be considering he was such a high pick. Anyone will agree with me there who doesn't wear rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->