Final roster for Canada's U18 World Junior Cup Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
WHL Follower said:
How does a player like Setoguchi make it over guys like Merkley, Drazenovic and Kaye... COMPLETE ROBBERY for the those players! Setoguchi is not and will never be a top prospect. OVER RATED!!

overrated????????Setoguchi is one of the best born 87s in the world, I seen him play a few times and he is one of the best all aorund if not the best all around players in the draft. He is so impressive I would say in some draft years he could be a top 3 pick.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
leondias said:
Lamb was neck and neck with Scott Jackson for worst defensemen there. At least jackson is big.
Dranzenovic was robbed I agree. I think you should see some of the camp before saying someone whould be there for sure.

Agreed .. I wasn't there but ive seen and heard about alot of these players... Lambs good offensively.. but u never know
I like Dranzenovic alot

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
RyanM said:
I guess we can debate this for days, but why are we sending Crosby to what is basically a useless summer camp for our U 20 team when he can go over and play against the best U 18's from around the world and maybe win a gold medal for his country? I really don't agree with Hockey Canada's logic on this one. We're purposely NOT sending our best players to international events out of fear of one of our players being too good? Does not make much sense to me.

Because this tournament is no more important than the u20 summer camp. The only u18 tournament that matters is the world championships in march/april. All other tournaments are second rate.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Fredrik said:
Because this tournament is no more important than the u20 summer camp. The only u18 tournament that matters is the world championships in march/april. All other tournaments are second rate.

Speaking of the u18 WC, will Crosby be a possibility for that? Or do players who typically miss this tournament, not play in the u18 WC?

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
Fleury14 said:
Speaking of the u18 WC, will Crosby be a possibility for that? Or do players who typically miss this tournament, not play in the u18 WC?

I think Canada hockey will pick the best players available. So if Crosby's team is eliminated from the QMJHL playoffs he'll play. :shakehead

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone think Setoguchi will see any ice time? I think if he see's any it will be on the 4th line. AFter all, he only had 31 points last season as a 16 yr old which really isn't very good compared to some of the others. Many feel he shouldn't even be on the team ahead of guys like Drazenovic, Merkley etc..

stella

May 10, 2004
Setoguchi vs Merkley and Kaye

moosefan said:
overrated????????Setoguchi is one of the best born 87s in the world, I seen him play a few times and he is one of the best all aorund if not the best all around players in the draft. He is so impressive I would say in some draft years he could be a top 3 pick.

June Red LIne Report Had Merkley Rated 20th and Kaye Rated
28th and Setoguchi was rated 40th.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
WHL Follower said:
There, just proved my point on Kaye and Merkley being the better prospects... Kaye and Merkley way ahead of Setoguchi's ranking of 40th LOL HAHA.
That doesn't really prove anything at all.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Drazenovic is a canadian but where do his parents come from? I know it's a yugoslavian name but if anyone knows for sure where is he from?

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
La-La-Laprise said:
No, Anyone West of Quebec is giving more an oppurtunity in my book. Quebecers especially are type cast as "heartless softies" and no one can deny that the people who pick the team prejudge a lot of them.

It is a shame. Once again, where is the QMJHL president and Hockey Quebec authorities?

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Seachd said:
Was Latendresse injured or something or did he just not make it?

Good to see Russell there. I really liked what I saw of him during the Memorial Cup.

Latendresse suffered a very bad shoulder injury 2 or 3 games before the last playoffs. His team pherapist could not replace his shoulder in the socket on the ice. They had to bring him in the hospital where only doctors could fix it to the original place. A very bad injury that could have, that could have, unfortunately, impact on his career. We will see how he will recover in the next months.

smnhppu

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
From what I just heard, M-A Coté was just added to the team.

Also, concerning Quebec-born players, I tend to agree that they are not fairly represented, but the '87 crop is not great. We should see more next year with the crop of Legault, Breault, Biega etc.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
WHL Follower said:
Does anyone think Setoguchi will see any ice time? I think if he see's any it will be on the 4th line. AFter all, he only had 31 points last season as a 16 yr old which really isn't very good compared to some of the others. Many feel he shouldn't even be on the team ahead of guys like Drazenovic, Merkley etc..
Wow did you ever change your tune over the course of a month. Why, here's one of your posts from July 9th:

What about the WHL's 2nd best 1987 born player Devon Setoguchi? He definately has a the best complete game of the bunch and is a sure fire NHL'er. Played on the CHL's worst team in years and still had nearly 40 points as a 16 yr old! How would've Brule done on the Blades last year? hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->