FINAL RESULTS: Clutch Scorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

GregStack said:
I want to be the first Leafs fan to say it:

Mats Sundin was the leagues best clutch player last season.

Matt Cooke actuallly was.

I went with Mike Bossy.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
GregStack said:
I want to be the first Leafs fan to say it:

Mats Sundin was the leagues best clutch player last season.

Now that it's out of my system...I don't honestly know who I'd decide I wanted taking the shot...it's tough to argue with any of those players.
I'll agree with the last part but Sundin couldn't tape Iginla's stick in that department in the last 3 years :D

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Henri Richard was awesome in that department too, even way past his prime. He was certainly a very key part of a lot of his 11 Stanley Cups.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Mountain Dude said:
Martin Gelinas.

How so? I think that a clutch player needs to be able to raise his game in a critical situation, not just pot a few goals in close games. I think of Claude Lemieux as a clutch player, because when push came to shove, he rose his game to another level, something Gelinas didn't do, no matter how many series winning goals he scored.

I.am.ca

Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic...those 2 names pop up in my mind...then there's the lonely thought of Greg Adams and his overtime/gamewinning goal(s) magic in Vancouver.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Talking of "clutch players" you really ommitted john madden,joe nueindyk(bad spelling)to think of a couple.The most famous clutch scorer of all-time (although
only for one tournament) was Paul Henderson.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Well, the ballots have all been counted and it seems there's plenty of faith in Super Mario when the games on the line. I was a bit suprised to see no love for a guy like Robitaille- shows the quality of the competition.

As always, your responses were intelligent and well thought out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->