GDT: Final Pre-season game: San Jose Karlssons @ Vegas Other-Karlsson | 5pm PT | NHL Network

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's still September ffs
Yeah. But I think what is disconcerting is the lack of offense being generated from the top-6. They have also being outplayed by the opponents top-6. Could be rust or lack of effort as a result of pre-season but I honestly expected slightly better performance from our stars.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
specifically what?

the turn overs, the trying to do too much every time he gets the puck.

I dunno, whenever he seems to have a simple safe play he just seems to complicate things and ends up giving it to the other team.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The person most directly responsible was the person who was supposed to cover the forward that eventually scored, imo.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I dunno, whenever he seems to have a simple safe play he just seems to complicate things and ends up giving it to the other team.
I think Burns is trying to force the play way too much so far this pre-season. Maybe he gets more comfortable as the season starts but it will come down a lot too how the team is performing. If we struggle scoring then Burns will try to do more and more.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I really dislike when the Sharks play Vegas. Looks like they should be good again this year. I was hoping last year was flukie, they for sure are organized and good.

Reactions: Phu

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah. But I think what is disconcerting is the lack of offense being generated from the top-6. They have also being outplayed by the opponents top-6. Could be rust or lack of effort as a result of pre-season but I honestly expected slightly better performance from our stars.
Probably super rusty and who knows how different the system is compared to last year.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think Burns is trying to force the play way too much so far this pre-season. Maybe he gets more comfortable as the season starts but it will come down a lot too how the team is performing. If we struggle scoring then Burns will try to do more and more.
yea, i wish hed simplify a bit.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I wonder if its karlsson related. like Burns is out to prove that hes still the #1? I dunno just guessing, but he is trying to do too much.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah melker doesn't do anything anymore. He should be Europe bound...

AOin.gif

How dare you, sir. How dare you.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

He does do a lot with the puck, yes. A LOT. He is a very high event player. He can tune his game to the situation when the games mean more, to a certain extent.

He is not the safe play guy, he's the gamebreaker.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I wonder if its karlsson related. like Burns is out to prove that hes still the #1? I dunno just guessing, but he is trying to do too much.
nah, this is pretty par for the course. When burns is bad, you know it. He loves throwing stretch passes and toying around on his own blue line trying to force breakouts.

If anything he should defer to ryan to get the puck out of the zone unless hes gonna skate it. Once you get burns in the o-zone hes a terror unless hes trying for a personal best in shots.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Most important things are getting in game shape and staying healthy.

With the acquisition of Karlsson so close to camp and Thornton playing in his first game action since January, the team will take a minute to gel. Getting the bad ones out now is perfect.

Reactions: slocal

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
By those replays Burns did the most correct things out of those three players. He forced the puck out when Ryan was in trouble and took the passing lane to the front. Pass made it through, sometimes it does. The shooter has to be marked.

Let's not forget marchessault is pretty good.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Yeah Burns is the king of trying to make the hard play, even when a simple one is slapping him in the face. He particularly loves the rocket pass attempt from halfway in his zone to the opposing blue line.

When it works it’s great, all the other times it just causes loss of possession, or icing. Watching Burns is not for the faint of heart.

On another note, still hate Labanc with Cooch/Hertl. That line is poo so far, one lucky bounce this game doesn’t change my opinion. Just hurry up and put Hertl with the Joes.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hold up, did Dan Rusanowsky just announce a triple broadcast w/ Hedican and Bakes?

If I didn't mishear, does that means that they're throwing Setoguchi at TV just like that?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Most important things are getting in game shape and staying healthy.

With the acquisition of Karlsson so close to camp and Thornton playing in his first game action since January, the team will take a minute to gel. Getting the bad ones out now is perfect.

I definitely agree with this. Its hard to watch the team be so disjointed when in our early preseason games the young sharks were skating hard, executing a real system and scoring at will...and that was from the first minute on the ice.

I dont know why that is, but to me, if Im deboer im trying to instil a system as early as possible. but these guys are pros and have been through a lot of preseasons. so this could very well be deboer just telling them to get angles down, get used to each other on the ice and have some fun. who knows.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

The Karlsson acquisition has probably a little bit to do with it but I think its more to do with the team just looking out of sorts and not being able to mount/generate good offense. I think as things settle down, so will Burns.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
EK tried to give Kane an elbow bump and Kane ignored him haha cmon dude we want him to love it here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad