World Cup: FINAL: France vs. Croatia, 7/15/2018

Who wins the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What would you guys do in this situation?
I was in Vegas back in May and placed a futures bet on France to win it all at 7-1. I put down 500.
So the potential return is decent.
I’ve been holding off on hedging till now. Would you guys hedge the bet and put an online bet on Croatia to win on Sunday? If so at what amount?

Given that Croatia has opened at around 2 to 1, this is a very favourable situation to hedge. Personally I'd throw an equivalent $500 on Croatia. You guarantee yourself a profit of close to $500 if they pull off the upset, while only sacrificing around 15% of your profit when France likely wins.

If you're really feeling brave, let France go ahead 1-0 and then throw a live bet on Croatia...their odds would probably shift to around 5 to 1 if they're down a goal at halftime.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
France bested the strongest team. Before that they topped Uruguay. Croatia had an easier road to the final and fought doggedly for every win. I have to wonder how much they'll have left in the tank. France, I believe, is a superior team and Mbappe is the coming of something special. Forced to pick I'd roll with France but I want Croatia to win. The underdog story is great and their still impressive. Amazing how such a small country can produce the talent they have.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I’d love some revenge for France 98’ but whatever happens on Sunday, this last month has been amazing.

This is something I will never forget it. I still can’t believe we will be playing in a World Cup Final.

Very proud of this group of players. They have persevered through some mental hurdles and have rid the ghosts of tournaments past.

Let’s do it one more time!

1189a8e9a9c6461d22e7.jpeg

7d68716d14281b7de44c.jpeg

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
France 60/40 for me. Team chemistry are a wash, but they have the horses to mitigate Croatia's advantage in midfield and assuming a cagey affair they have more players capable of a capitalizing on half-chances.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He hasn't set a wrong foot on a field all year. I dare any of you to prove otherwise.

It has literally (in the archaic sense of the word) been years since even a single decision or pass he’s made on the pitch has not been perfect.

And nobody has been responsible for a higher proportion of his team’s goals this century

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seems I was right like I always am and Europe pretty much dominated this entire competition.

I am going for Croatia, but I will also admit that they had a very easy bracket making it this far and to the finals. However, if they do win the World Cup then Modric is the best player in the world and surpasses Xavi.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Seems I was right like I always am and Europe pretty much dominated this entire competition.

I am going for Croatia, but I will also admit that they had a very easy bracket making it this far and to the finals. However, if they do win the World Cup then Modric is the best player in the world and surpasses Xavi.

Mate, you were literally talking about Croatia's fall as a footballing nation a few weeks ago

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mate, you were literally talking about Croatia's fall as a footballing nation a few weeks ago
I did say that which I won't argue against, but history said they always choked though. I always had them as one of those underrated almost top-tier nations in the past because I valued their footballers and their development, but they never showed the results. Perhaps this is a fluke run as Chelsea's CL win or Vegas's run to the Cup Finals, but I am enjoying it even if it makes me look wrong.

Also the Croatian manager looks like Peter Budaj, I hope I am not the only one who see's this.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

How did Poland do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad