World Cup: FINAL: France vs. Croatia, 7/15/2018

Who wins the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Croatia defied all expectations, but they did have an easier way to the final due to the collapse of the usual favorites on their side of the bracket. However it's just one game, one lucky bounce and we can see Modric lifting the cup.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm annoyed that the one year I did not have Croatia going deep they did this...so I'll be rooting for France.

Reactions: cgf

commie

Jul 30, 2005
What would you guys do in this situation?
I was in Vegas back in May and placed a futures bet on France to win it all at 7-1. I put down 500.
So the potential return is decent.
I’ve been holding off on hedging till now. Would you guys hedge the bet and put an online bet on Croatia to win on Sunday? If so at what amount?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
of course you need to hedge
I have a [much] smaller wager on France, but you should at least double what you staked on France

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What would you guys do in this situation?
I was in Vegas back in May and placed a futures bet on France to win it all at 7-1. I put down 500.
So the potential return is decent.
I’ve been holding off on hedging till now. Would you guys hedge the bet and put an online bet on Croatia to win on Sunday? If so at what amount?
this is a no brainer. hedge the bet.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Think I'd give my Ballon d'Or vote to whichever of Varane or Modric have a better match on Sunday... if I had one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't get to watch Madrid or La Liga on a consistent basis, but my god has watching this world cup made me appreciate Modric even more than I already did. Absolutely world class player. He's just incredible to watch.
This makes so much sense... and probably the majority of this board is in the same boat. He's been the best player in Madrid for 2ish years now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This makes so much sense... and probably the majority of this board is in the same boat. He's been the best player in Madrid for 2ish years now.

Majority of the Madrid games I watch are the CL games, cuz they're the easiest ones for me to watch. But I thought it was clear for the last few seasons that he was easily at worst the 2nd best player on that team and far and away the most under appreciated player on that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad