World Cup: FINAL: France vs. Croatia, 7/15/2018

Who wins the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Like both teams quite a bit, they both have some great players. They were the two best teams, I thought. Showed the best teamwork and least weaknesses.

Obviously, rooting for Lovren to lift the World Cup. Nothing against France whatsoever, but Lovren has had a major redemption in 2018, he plays for my club, and that's all that really matters.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tight game ahead.
I hope Croatia won't be bothered by fatigue, though it's very possible.

And obviously, I hope they're fresh enough to win the silver :D

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Picked France in all of my brackets, so that won't change now. But facing the talent of Croatia will likely make this a close, more lively matchup. Let's say 2-1 France; France up 2-0 with Croatia grabbing a late one.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
To be quite honest, I've not watched more than 2 matches throughout the WC, but I'd love France to win. My step-dad is from France, so I'm somewhat biased.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I think France takes it. Their D is way too strong to make silly mistakes like those from which Croatia scored against England.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Croatia are smaller than Scotland. Gordon Strachan, failed former Scotland manner, gave a trademark glib answer in an interview that "genetics" was why Scotland don't produce good football players. Gordon Strachan gave Luka Modric, who is one-footed, five foot six and weighs about seven stone, several Ballon d'Or votes in his time as Scotland manager. There can only be one choice for me to want to win. Sorry, Evilo.

member 157595

To be quite honest, I've not watched more than 2 matches throughout the WC, but I'd love France to win. My step-dad is from France, so I'm somewhat biased.

You missed out. It's been a great tournament IMO.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'll be cheering for Croatia but I can't see it happening. It isn't just that France is the better team but they will definitely be fresher that Croatia who have played three extra time games and have one less day or rest.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad