Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Part 2

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Ok let me ask about crafting since you mentioned it.

Is there no kind of queue? If I want to craft a piece of lumber, I have to click on Synthesize, craft the item, click on Synthesize, craft the item.

I can't just say I want to craft 10 of them and then just do the actual crafting part?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ok let me ask about crafting since you mentioned it.

Is there no kind of queue? If I want to craft a piece of lumber, I have to click on Synthesize, craft the item, click on Synthesize, craft the item.

I can't just say I want to craft 10 of them and then just do the actual crafting part?

You can either synth things one at a time where you control the quality level of it or you can use quick synth to do up to 99 but with low odds of HQ'ing things on the regular. Like most low end stuff that you quck synth, you're probably going to HQ 25% of the time or thereabouts and those odds decrease the higher the level of the item goes obviously.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Finished the MSQ last night. That was the best story I've ever witnessed in any MMO I've ever played. In fact, even though I haven't tried the Gunbreaker job out yet, this will go down as the best MMO expac I've ever played. I can't see myself stopping any time soon.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Finished the MSQ last night. That was the best story I've ever witnessed in any MMO I've ever played. In fact, even though I haven't tried the Gunbreaker job out yet, this will go down as the best MMO expac I've ever played. I can't see myself stopping any time soon.

Most people I've talked to about GNB has had fun with it. Same with DNC. I'm looking forward to 5.1 when they add some content and add to the story.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Most people I've talked to about GNB has had fun with it. Same with DNC. I'm looking forward to 5.1 when they add some content and add to the story.
For sure. I had to get through the end of Stormblood and the filler between SB and ShB, so I was behind on the story. There's still the normal raid for me to do, plus a buddy of mine is in a FC that cleared Savage Eden and said he'd be down for progressing through that with me, once I get there.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Looking forward to seeing what the crafting / gathering changes coming next month are going to be. Also really hoping they announce Ishgard housing for 5.2 (or some improvements to the housing at the very least)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ishgard housing might be a way to get me to resub, because I would totally spend all my money that I had when I left to get a medium there.

Would make up for my beachfront Shirogane property I had managed to snag when that initially opened. Knowing that I lost my house, and the small refund (since it's been too long), is the reason why I haven't bothered considering resubbing

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Looking forward to seeing what the crafting / gathering changes coming next month are going to be. Also really hoping they announce Ishgard housing for 5.2 (or some improvements to the housing at the very least)

From the sounds of it, they're adding a quick gathering option which I will absolutely like since I still need to do the gathering HQ items achievements lol

I think the Ishgard housing will be the end result of the Ishgard restoration thing they're doing in this next update. After they've ran the course of restoring Ishgard, they'll likely put in housing. Looks to be an interesting way to bring it about. I just want the achievements related to it. lol

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
From the sounds of it, they're adding a quick gathering option which I will absolutely like since I still need to do the gathering HQ items achievements lol

I think the Ishgard housing will be the end result of the Ishgard restoration thing they're doing in this next update. After they've ran the course of restoring Ishgard, they'll likely put in housing. Looks to be an interesting way to bring it about. I just want the achievements related to it. lol

Please tell me that Ishgard will still be snowy? I remember a dev update a while ago where they basically said that they were avoiding Ishgard for housing because they didn't think it was "fun" and suggested that some events would warm Ishgard up and after that they would consider it

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Please tell me that Ishgard will still be snowy? I remember a dev update a while ago where they basically said that they were avoiding Ishgard for housing because they didn't think it was "fun" and suggested that some events would warm Ishgard up and after that they would consider it

I don't keep up on the dev comments enough to say for sure what their plans are in that regard. I hope they keep it snowy too honestly.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
If anyone is on an Aether server and wants to maybe run something or mess around with treasure maps or something, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm on Faerie

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Additional Plots Coming to All Residential Districts | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

New housing wards announced for after 5.1 in case anyone missed it. Wards 19-21 will be added to each of the 4 housing areas.

Really hoping that this isn't their fix and they'll still do Ishgard in 5.2 or 5.3

It's going to depend on how long they want to do this Ishgard Restoration thing because the end of that is likely to be the housing. I'm still going to try with my FC to get a large house somewhere on Hyperion. Not getting my hopes up because this process is always difficult but it's worth taking a day off and trying. lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
5.1 will be dropped on the 29th. Prepare for long queues in for housing and at least something new for the Ishgard Restoration. Sounds like it'll be crafter/gatherer FATE-like events for it.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
5.1 will be dropped on the 29th. Prepare for long queues in for housing and at least something new for the Ishgard Restoration. Sounds like it'll be crafter/gatherer FATE-like events for it.

Ishgard restoration doesn't start until 5.11 if I recall correctly.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Time to start saving again in case I end up wanting Ishgard housing when/if it comes out after the restoration.

Ended up upgrading both the FC house (to a large in goblet) + personal (medium in shiro) with the new housing wards.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Just completed the new Nier raid, and holy shit, it automatically becomes one of my favorite raids in any MMO I have ever done. Top tier stuff.
I haven't played the actual game but maybe I should soon :laugh:

Reactions: tealhockey

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Anyone else still playing?

A month or so until patch 5.3, no official date yet and it's been pushed back a couple times due to COVID. Current expectations are late July/early August I believe. Second Nier raid comes out with it.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

A month or so until patch 5.3, no official date yet and it's been pushed back a couple times due to COVID. Current expectations are late July/early August I believe. Second Nier raid comes out with it.

I’m on Diabolos, started during quarantine.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

I'm playing here and there but I'm currently not subbed but I'm thinking that I will here soon to catch up on some things before the 5.3 patch drops.
I wouldn't mind getting a White Mage leveled up to have a 2nd healer to mess around with as well as finishing a few other things (like finally finishing Ruby Weapon EX)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
5.3 was dropped yesterday and I went through the main scenario and it was a really good sequence. I enjoyed the play. Still have to do Faux Hollows and the new raid among other things but this was a good patch and Yokai comes back next week which should be fun. Also, a seasonal event started today for an emote among other things that I'll have to take care of. Good stuff.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm currently finishing up the story, but as already stated it's a really good one to finish it. This whole expansion has just been fantastic. Lot of things to still take care of with this new patch though and I'm looking forward to it all plus the events coming up. I really need to get my crafting and gathering up :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad