GDT: Final exit interviews; Granato 11am/Adams 11:30am

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
My doctor put me on some medication after some post-COVID stuff that I had to say on for 3 months. She said there was a chance I wouldn't have to stay on them the entire time, but ultimately 3 months was the next checkpoint where we would make decisions about what to do next.

That's kinda how this stuff works.
On WGR Paul Hamilton tried to claim Adams contradicted himself over the whole being back during the season/12 week period and I just rolled my eyes.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
On WGR Paul Hamilton tried to claim Adams contradicted himself over the whole being back during the season/12 week period and I just rolled my eyes.
Its almost as if the player had the potential to return if the healing process took way less than the 12 week window. I know Paul cant comprehend this

I bag on Pham as much as anyone, but in this case he's not wrong...

My doctor put me on some medication after some post-COVID stuff that I had to say on for 3 months. She said there was a chance I wouldn't have to stay on them the entire time, but ultimately 3 months was the next checkpoint where we would make decisions about what to do next.

That's kinda how this stuff works.

That's not how rehab works, you don't feel better then schedule MRIs throughout the process. They outline a program and then you do your imaging when you're done. If they prescribed a 12-week program of rest & rehab back in March, the next imaging would have been scheduled for June. There's no way he would have been cleared before then.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa

That's not how rehab works, you don't feel better then schedule MRIs throughout the process. They outline a program and then you do your imaging when you're done. If they prescribed a 12-week program of rest & rehab back in March, the next imaging would have been scheduled for June. There's no way he would have been cleared before then.

So you are saying that player who have 6 month rehab times for injuries that come back after 5 dont exist?

"Hey Doc my neck is feeling really good. Sorry Jack it isnt week 12 yet we arent going to check if the injury is healing ahead of schedule"

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
You keep Granato, it’s likely you keep Reinhart as the captain of this young core. Reinhart just hates Harrington and the media but who doesn’t in this town. They should honestly start fresh with everyone here cuz they are all terrible.(the media)

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo

So day 83 the disk was always going to be herniated and on day 84 it could be healed overnight?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Yea dude this guy knows exactly how rehab works. I tore my ACL and they said I wouldnt be running comfortably for 9 months and 7 months later I was well ahead of schedule.

I've had to rehab a bulged disk twice in my life, so yes I know how it works.

I've also has broken bones and recovered from a surgery, where the timeline is more flexible and there are multiple points in the rehab process. You can be snarky all you want, but spinal rehab is different.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I've had to rehab a bulged disk twice in my life, so yes I know how it works.

I've also has broken bones and recovered from a surgery, where the timeline is more flexible and there are multiple points in the rehab process. You can be snarky all you want, but spinal rehab is different.
Why doesnt it say a firm timeline?

Self care: In most cases, the pain from a herniated disc will get better within a couple days and completely resolve in 4 to 6 weeks. Restricting your activity, ice/heat therapy, and taking over the counter medications will help your recovery.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
So let's agree that GMJB had the right resume and still failed.

So the response to that is get someone who has ZERO experience?

Do you realize how insane that is? Show me where that has worked for any sports team. The underlying issue is that the Pegula's are heavily involved in day to day operations and are bad at running a hockey team. Period.

The way out is to get a Beane like person for the Sabres and GIVE THEM FULL AUTONOMY TO RUN THE TEAM like Beane and McDermott have. Regier, Murray, Botts, and now Adams don't have full authority to run the team or build their front office. It's running a team by committee and its be a huge disaster since they took over. From Leino to O'Reilly to Skinner and now Eichel, it's a huge tire fire of failure and the common thread is the Pegula's.

Do they need to sell the team? No. Do they need to get out of day to day operations and get qualified people to run the team? Absolutely. Adams is not that.

You're over-playing the experience part and downplaying the human skills (to borrow from Simon Sinek) and leadership abilities.

Here's a little story I just shared elsewhere: 2013, just arrived in Afghanistan. Brand new graduate with a master's degree in national planning and strategy, and taking a planning position for a year. First assignment: re-design Bagram Air Field.

:puppy:

I knew nothing about air base design. Zero. I'm a recon Soldier by trade. But I had to lead that project.

So I got on the next flight to Bagram and met with the base leadership, and we formed a team. That included a civilian who used to be an air base planner for the Air Force. We put the plan together, got it approved, and a year later the whole air base was changed.

What got me through? People skills, team building skills, leadership, empathy, trust, having hard conversations. All the human skills that you think are bull crap. And surrounding myself with people who knew what they were doing.

--------------------------
Kevyn Adams, new GM, doesn't know a thing about being a GM.

He hires Karmanos, and begins to re-build the staff. He's in the process of hiring a new coach (or making Granato the coach full time). If Adams surrounds himself with the right people, he'll be fine. What will matter are his human skills and leadership.

You can judge now, but I'll hold my judgment until this is through. I've seen way too many people succeed on leadership, human skills, and surrounding themselves with great people.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Self care: In most cases, the pain from a herniated disc will get better within a couple days and completely resolve in 4 to 6 weeks. Restricting your activity, ice/heat therapy, and taking over the counter medications will help your recovery.

Did Adams say 10-12 weeks in his press conference, or 12 weeks?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

all experts including the ones Eichel first contacted outside the team said 12 weeks.
Eichel than continued searching until he found a doctor who suggested immediate surgery.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
all experts including the ones Eichel first contacted outside the team said 12 weeks.
Eichel than continued searching until he found a doctor who suggested immediate surgery.

That's not what's going on at all. They all agreed on the 12 weeks rehab timeline, but according to Vogl, multiple surgeons told Eichel that if the disk doesn't go back into place by 6 weeks, it wouldn't go back at all, so Eichel wants to schedule the surgery right at the end of the 12th week, while the Sabres still want to wait

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

That's not what's going on at all. They all agreed on the 12 weeks rehab timeline, but according to Vogl, multiple surgeons told Eichel that if the disk doesn't go back into place by 6 weeks, it wouldn't go back at all, so Eichel wants to schedule the surgery right at the end of the 12th week, while the Sabres still want to wait

thanks for the update its all a bit confusing atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad