Final cuts now taking place

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
Posters had been (edit) pooping on Ashton for awhile because of his relatively unimpressive stat-line in the AHL last year (the 19 goals in 56 games with Norfolk was probably a bit of a fluke) and him obviously being out of his element when he was recalled down the stretch a couple years ago.

Yet if you followed along, you'd notice posters had consistently positive scouting reports on him throughout last year with the Marlies. He's not going to be an offensive powerhouse at all (the curse of "1st-rounder" billing), but he's been well-groomed for a bottom-6 role.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The Leafs are currently $124 167 under the cap, if McLaren goes on LTIR, this means they get $700 000 - $124 167 = $575 833 which they can go over the cap until McLaren returns

Thus if McLaren goes on LTIR on Tuesday they can recall Leivo, Devane, Bodie, or Broll. They wouldn't be able to recall D'Amigo.

SteveV*

I'm very happy for Ashton. He has been kind of a forgotten prospect around here.
So many people had written him off.

I have to be honest, saw him as nothing more than a injury call up type, this camp he showed me a lot of heart, perhaps he's a player after all, time will tell.

As for Reilly, all the brass were clearly telegraphing he breaks with the club after camp, unless he fell on his face. I was simply stunned listening, reading, these guys who are supposed pros opining about him going down, I was like are you idiots actually listening!

mikebel111*

Nice to see ashton make team. Same for rielly

Remember all those guys that said
#shouldhavekeptaulie
Well a lot of u guys can eat crow

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I'd rather sit Ranger than Fraser (if Rielly is in the lineup).

Ranger is OK but he doesn't bring anything unique to our defense.

Fraser on the other hand is one of two defensemen on the Leafs who can clear the crease.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'd rather sit Ranger than Fraser (if Rielly is in the lineup).

Ranger is OK but he doesn't bring anything unique to our defense.

Fraser on the other hand is one of two defensemen on the Leafs who can clear the crease.

Ranger is a much better overall defender than Frazer...Frazer has been a pilon all pre season. Ranger all day for me. Frazer is extremely slow and handles the puck like a grenade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad