Final CSB rankings released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Legionnaire said:
Levasseur takes a huge drop.

And it is 100% because nobody saw him play in the second half of the season.

I'm not defending him or anything like that, but don't assume that his drop is because he played poorly...it's because he barely played at all.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Good to see Tyler Plante getting respect from the scouts - sitting as the 3rd NA goalie. He's not a 'sexy' prospect so nobody on these boards hypes him and he's pretty unknown - but he's got tremendous potential. If any NHL team picks a guy like Vincent or Frazee ahead of him they'll be making a big mistake IMO.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
What is this? Are they for real? Gragnani taking a drop after the hald season he had after Christmas? Hope thata does not hurt him and M-Andre Cote too, what a shame, no wonder some guys do not want to go play in the Maritimes... lack of visibility and respect... :shakehead

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How on earth can CSB's Quebec scouts have Marc-Andre Cliche (who scored 8 points last year) at #49 and Latendresse at #53?

Especially since CSB is allegedly not a ranking service (although that would be bad enough) but supposed to project where they think guys will be selected. Do they really think Cliche will go ahead of Latendresse? I think they get worse every year ...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Le Golie said:
Good to see Tyler Plante getting respect from the scouts - sitting as the 3rd NA goalie. He's not a 'sexy' prospect so nobody on these boards hypes him and he's pretty unknown - but he's got tremendous potential. If any NHL team picks a guy like Vincent or Frazee ahead of him they'll be making a big mistake IMO.

I think Frazee plays a really good game, also. But I definately think that Plante is better than Vincent.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
I am a bit surprised that Finnish Jussi Peltomaa is not on list though there are some players who I would have ranked after him in the list. He has played quite good games in Finnish national team and he already is the most reliable shorthand player in the whole Ässät A-junior team (playing against 2 years older boys). However I am not surprised if he gets drafted anyway, and he has time to be drafted in next draft or future.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Apparently CSB decided it didn't like players named Bolduc anymore...

Simon drops from 76th to 165
Francois drops from 85th to 231

MS said:
How on earth can CSB's Quebec scouts have Marc-Andre Cliche (who scored 8 points last year) at #49 and Latendresse at #53?

Especially since CSB is allegedly not a ranking service (although that would be bad enough) but supposed to project where they think guys will be selected. Do they really think Cliche will go ahead of Latendresse? I think they get worse every year ...

Really? I've never heard this before.

turnbuckle*

Matt MacInnis said:
And it is 100% because nobody saw him play in the second half of the season.

I'm not defending him or anything like that, but don't assume that his drop is because he played poorly...it's because he barely played at all.

He barely played at all in the second half of the season? Wasn't it the other way around? And, BTW, he didn't drop, his ranking went up.

One more thing, that ranking would put him somewhere in the fourth round, not the second, when you include goalies and European skaters. Even I will admit that CSS (it hasn't been CSB for a few years now) has Guillaume to low. He will not last past the second round, hell he may even be picked in the first round.

I will repeat once again what one veteran scout told me - "He'd make a good second round pick, but I'd never take him with a first."

Regardless, I think he'll be picked somewhere between 20-30.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
LHJMQFAN said:
What is this? Are they for real? Gragnani taking a drop after the hald season he had after Christmas? Hope thata does not hurt him and M-Andre Cote too, what a shame, no wonder some guys do not want to go play in the Maritimes... lack of visibility and respect... :shakehead

Coe sucked this year, he could have been playing anywhere and he would have been ranked low.

Gragnani droping is odd, but its not because he played in the Maritimes.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
turnbuckle said:
He barely played at all in the second half of the season? Wasn't it the other way around? And, BTW, he didn't drop, his ranking went up.

One more thing, that ranking would put him somewhere in the fourth round, not the second, when you include goalies and European skaters. Even I will admit that CSS (it hasn't been CSB for a few years now) has Guillaume to low. He will not last past the second round, hell he may even be picked in the first round.

I will repeat once again what one veteran scout told me - "He'd make a good second round pick, but I'd never take him with a first."

Regardless, I think he'll be picked somewhere between 20-30.

No it wasnt the other way around. JP Lavasseur started 3 games after christmas. Sylvain Michaud was Rouyn's #1 goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad