Final Countdown . . . reported to be down to hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kara Yorio of the Sporting News said on the Team1200 in Ottawa,80-90% of the players hate the deal but they will vote for it because there is no alternative.Of course,most of the players never attended the PA meetings and don't really have a good knowledge of the issues.That was her opinion

Vic Rattlehead*

Well, using my "Spungo Logic for Dummies guide", this clearly means that they are planning to finish the deal in the first week of August.

EDIT--When this deal gets done in the next couple of weeks, I predict that Spungo will not be posting of HF anymore....

GSC2k2*

Deebo said:
he'll ignore it, like he ignores all the reports that say this week while posting 100 times in threads that talk about the middle of july, which of course is before his prediction
Here is a question worth asking: if there is an announcement this week or sometime in July announcing a "deal", will spungo try to get out of it by relying on the angle that "it is not a deal until it is ratified" and then once it is ratified, "it is not a deal until they offically put ink to paper and sign the document"?

Spungo, perhaps you need to clarify your position. Exactly WHAt will not happen till August 1? I don't really care, but I do know there are inquiring minds with you lined up in their sights who want to know. Or are you prepared to commit to a no-weaseling-out promise?

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
Deebo said:
can you deny that there alot of markets in the US that don't miss hockey?

I have a number of friends in Canada and they're telling me that a lot of folks there don't miss it much, either (this includes some now former season ticket holders). Guess it just depends on where you look and who you ask.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
sounds like it will be over before i get disconnected from the world when i'm on a two week vacation to Quebec, New York State, and Ottawa (gag!)

I'm feeling some optimism here!

Spungo*

gscarpenter2002 said:
Here is a question worth asking: if there is an announcement this week or sometime in July announcing a "deal", will spungo try to get out of it by relying on the angle that "it is not a deal until it is ratified" and then once it is ratified, "it is not a deal until they offically put ink to paper and sign the document"?

Spungo, perhaps you need to clarify your position. Exactly WHAt will not happen till August 1? I don't really care, but I do know there are inquiring minds with you lined up in their sights who want to know. Or are you prepared to commit to a no-weaseling-out promise?

I am 100% committed to a no weaseling-out promise. The fact is that a deal isn't reached untill it's ratified by both sides. "Deals in principle" mean nothing. If it doesn't get ratified, the "deal" isn't done. I am now, and always was, referring to a new CBA deal being signed, sealed and delivered with an official announcement.

None of this "well, my sources say they signed July 29, but didn't hold the press conference untill August 3rd, so Soungo was wrong" nonsense. If it doesn't get signed, sealed and delivered before August 1, Spungo was right and all of you will be choking down my home made humble pie.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yea it's kind of an eye for an eye. The Americans take shots at Canada in their TV Shows (Simpsons, That 70's Show), so we take shots in our newspapers.

All in good fun.

Happy 4th of July Yanks :clap:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Spungo said:
I am 100% committed to a no weaseling-out promise. The fact is that a deal isn't reached untill it's ratified by both sides. "Deals in principle" mean nothing. If it doesn't get ratified, the "deal" isn't done. I am now, and always was, referring to a new CBA deal being signed, sealed and delivered with an official announcement.

None of this "well, my sources say they signed July 29, but didn't hold the press conference untill August 3rd, so Soungo was wrong" nonsense. If it doesn't get signed, sealed and delivered before August 1, Spungo was right and all of you will be choking down my home made humble pie.

Hmm.. Hey there, buddy. Do you know what they do during ratification? They approve, confirm, and teach the deal that they have already signed, sealed and delivered. The deal won't be different than it was comming out of ratification. So when they say "ratification begins", that means "Deal is done".

Man, you are gonna be pretty full with all the pie you're gonna eat, aaaalllll by yourself.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Scugs said:
Yea it's kind of an eye for an eye. The Americans take shots at Canada in their TV Shows (Simpsons, That 70's Show), so we take shots in our newspapers.

If we couldn't take shots each other, then we'd both have to take shots at Mexico and that wouldn't be fair to Mexico.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Hockeyfan02 said:
If we couldn't take shots each other, then we'd both have to take shots at Mexico and that wouldn't be fair to Mexico.

I just got back from Mexico...

Cancun... it's awsome there.....

It's the only place you feel safe walking he streets after 3 in the morning...

In Toronto I would be shot or mugged or something..... :dunno:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
joepeps said:

No you wouldnt. You'd probably be *****, and then after the **** you would be thanked.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Scugs said:
Hmm.. Hey there, buddy. Do you know what they do during ratification? They approve, confirm, and teach the deal that they have already signed, sealed and delivered. The deal won't be different than it was comming out of ratification. So when they say "ratification begins", that means "Deal is done".

Man, you are gonna be pretty full with all the pie you're gonna eat, aaaalllll by yourself.

who cares...even with the ratification over and all that, it will prolly be july 11th or something..not close to what he's predicting.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Spungo said:

I'm blinded by your legal wizardry.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Ok guys . . . assume it is tomorrow as a couple of sourcers think, what time tomorrow will the deal be announced?

Put Me down for 4:15 pm. Just enough time to make the evening news.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Jaded-Fan said:
Ok guys . . . assume it is tomorrow as a couple of sourcers think, what time tomorrow will the deal be announced?

Put Me down for 4:15 pm. Just enough time to make the evening news.

Here we go again.
:shakehead :biglaugh:

Give me a time slot of 3:45 pm EDT.

Spungo*

Montrealer said:
I'm blinded by your legal wizardry.

If the deal isn't ratified, it's not done. It's as simple as that. Look into it.

Spungo*

Scugs said:

You couldn't be more wrong. If the players don't ratify, it wasn't "signed, sealed, and certainly not delivered". Just because the executive committee agrees to a deal and recommends it to the players, it doesn't mean the deal is done untill the players ratify it. No ratification = no deal.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
joepeps said:

Cancun isn't really Mexico.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
joepeps said:

Awesome, I just got back from Cancun too. Where did you stay?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Spungo said:

*Cough* cop-out *Cough*

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm amazed how obsessed some people are with spungo. Talk about bringing people down with him.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
King'sPawn said:
I'm amazed how obsessed some people are with spungo. Talk about bringing people down with him.

It's not obsession. It's the gratification we will all get when the deal is announced and he is standing there in his August 1st state of mind, all alone. Eating pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad