Final Countdown . . . reported to be down to hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There's every expectation that the end is near in the war of 2004. It's gone from months to weeks to days and now there's the belief it's down to hours.

This morning, probably for the last time, negotiators and lawyers will catch their final flight from here to New York before the deal is done, subject to ratification.

Just the fact they're going back at it on the Fourth of July in the U.S. indicates they plan to get it done this week. At least one rights-holding TV network has sent e-mails to it's reporters and camera men to not take any days off this week, not make any plans, in expectation of a flurry of DD-Day (Done Deal Day) media blitzing.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Winni...116250-sun.html

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So Independence Day could also be known as the Day the Lockout Ended?

I'm trying to keep my optimism bounded, but it's getting harder and harder to do so with all the stories coming out. Nevertheless, I won't celebrate until both sides ratify a deal.

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
This is great! Please be true....If I wake up tomorrow to good news, It will make my day. I will be on cloud 9 all day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So now we can be down to 2 hours every 2 hours for the next 2 weeks?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Really, who cares? it's obvious a deal is in place, whether it's anounced today, tomorrow or in 2 weeks, there's going to be a new CBA...

The thing i'm looking most forward to isin't the announcement of a new deal, it's the signings and/or trades that will happen afterwards...I can't be excited for hockey right now because either way, it's the offseason, also, i'm looking forward to the draft in the horizon, would of been nice to have seen the draft in my hometown this year in Ottawa especially considering it's the Crosby derby, but for now, hockey isin't really on my mind, i'm pretty teed off at the players, and it'll take the whole offseason for me to care again.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
So if a deal is announced this week, does that mean I don't have to be a man and admit I lost to a certain Spungy poster?

:naughty:

Vic Rattlehead*

Montrealer said:
So if a deal is announced this week, does that mean I don't have to be a man and admit I lost to a certain Spungy poster?

Correct. :teach:

Spungo*

Montrealer said:

Too bad it's not getting done untill August at the very earliest. Don't worry though, I've got that humble pie cooking in the oven right now. It's a really big pie, (it needs to be for all the slices I'll have to hand out on August 1), so it takes about a month to bake up real nice. I can't wait to watch you choke down a slice. :biglaugh:

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Spungo said:
Too bad it's not getting done untill August at the very earliest. Don't worry though, I've got that humble pie cooking in the oven right now. It's a really big pie, (it needs to be for all the slices I'll have to hand out on August 1), so it takes about a month to bake up real nice. I can't wait to watch you choke down a slice. :biglaugh:

Please post when the deal is announced THIS WEEK! I wanna see your reaction! :biglaugh:

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
Spungo said:

Stop standing by your prediction, and acting like you know the future. There are so many signs pointing to the end happening this week, may be even tomorrow. YOU ARE REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES! When Tuesday comes around and a deal is done in principle, you should apologize to everyone on the board for injecting pessimism into their lives. Suck it up and actually look at the facts. Has there been any reports to support your prediction? Ya, that's what I thought.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Komisarek8 said:
Please post when the deal is announced THIS WEEK! I wanna see your reaction! :biglaugh:
he'll ignore it, like he ignores all the reports that say this week while posting 100 times in threads that talk about the middle of july, which of course is before his prediction

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
nyrmessier011 said:
Nice to see our neighbors to the north bashing us again in there national newspapers.

are you refering to this quote?

In at least a dozen U.S. cities there won't be much, if any. And there's the real rub.

can you deny that there alot of markets in the US that don't miss hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->