FIN:Hagman and Niinimaa to World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Finn said:
I am surprised Niinimaa wasn't picked to the original team
Me too. Too bad that Sami Kapanen didn't have enough energy/desire to play in the world cup, we sure would've needed him. On the other hand it's good that he left out and his spot was given to a more motivated player.
(<---ever the optimist :) )
Oh,by the way this thread popped up to my mind again... http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=81002 The possible lockout might do some good for him if he's really tired.

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Was Kapanen injured by the Tucker hit at the end of the Toronto series? Post-Concussion could be a reason for him not playing in the tournament? :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McDonald19 said:
Was Kapanen injured by the Tucker hit at the end of the Toronto series? Post-Concussion could be a reason for him not playing in the tournament? :dunno:

No.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
McDonald19 said:

Maybe not the official reason but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it. Whether or not he has PCS I would think he's skipping to have more rest time.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Losing Kapanen is huge loss for Finland. Hagman isn`t even half of a player than Kapanen is. I also would have much prefer seen Tomi Kallio to replace Kapanen, than Hagman doing it.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
gib said:
Losing Kapanen is huge loss for Finland. Hagman isn`t even half of a player than Kapanen is. I also would have much prefer seen Tomi Kallio to replace Kapanen, than Hagman doing it.

Kallio broke his ankle earlier in the summer in a pickup football game, and it was reported that he would be out for three month's, so he wasn't selected because he was injured.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
TK79 said:
Kallio broke his ankle earlier in the summer in a pickup football game, and it was reported that he would be out for three month's, so he wasn't selected because he was injured.

I had totally forgot that. Okay, now I don`t critize choosing Hagman that much. It was safe pick by Summanen. Altough if Summanen would have little courage, he could have picked for example Jani Rita or Kimmo Kuhta.

Need to hope that there wont be any players in teaam Finland who will pass World Cup for some reason. Amount of guality players isn`t very big so every injure or whatever will affect a lot more to team Finland than to other countries. And also need to hope that Hagman will find his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad