Filppula with a beauty of a feed for Drouin goal

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Filppula set up Drouin for a beautiful goal last night, and it was due to Filp's beautiful assist. Goes with his backhand thru the legs of Bouwmeester and then finds Drouin in front of the net and he finishes nicely. These kind of goals remind me of Datsyuk's IQ and his set-up's. Like to see them more in the current NHL. Just pure IQ with a bit of skill.

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
It's great to see Filppula find his hockey again, has been a huge positive surprise this season :handclap:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Plays like that is why Fillpula's always been something of a disappointment. He can be so damn good at times. Then he settles back into mediocrity.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
These kind of goals remind me of Datsyuk's IQ and his set-up's.

Thanks for posting. Nothing in hockey gets me more than a great assist and that was a beauty. It's funny that you should mention Datsyuk. That play immediately reminded me of a Datsyuk to Filppula attempt back in the 2011 playoffs. It's the last 22 seconds of the video:

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
(QDP edited)

I think it was Yzerman who played those games. It was Yzerman who sent Drouin to the minors for 90% of the season last year and was actively trying to deal him.

Yzerman is a solid GM but he got lucky when Stamkos got diagnosed with the blood clot. This was the only reason that Drouin was on the playoff roster and Drouin has been shining since. Yzerman did not believe in Drouin and stevie Y is definitely thankful he didn't ship him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think it was Yzerman who played those games. It was Yzerman who sent Drouin to the minors for 90% of the season last year and was actively trying to deal him.

Yzerman is a solid GM but he got lucky when Stamkos got diagnosed with the blood clot. This was the only reason that Drouin was on the playoff roster and Drouin has been shining since. Yzerman did not believe in Drouin and stevie Y is definitely thankful he didn't ship him out.

Oy. Very wrong.

Regardless, I'm thrilled to see Drouin putting it all together.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

wow, wrong on all basis.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
(QDP edited)

This is the most inaccurate post I've ever read on hfboards.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Everything about that goal was beautiful. The one-handed reach behind him by Filpula to get control, the pull-up, the look-off, the pass, and then the move by Drouin to the backhand for the finish. That's hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad