Value of: Filip Forsberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think if teams want us to retain 50% or give us back contract dumps, then you are basically looking at adding another blue-chip piece to secure that. It's also possible that would instead simply be a disqualifying request in this Covid financial environment. So if a 1st+bluechipper is the baseline, add at least another comparably high value asset if you think our team is going to pay an extra $4M+ of real money.

I don't believe the Preds will trade Forsberg, and instead will extend him for something on the order of 8x$8.5M this off-season. This thread so far isn't giving us much reason to deviate from that plan.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Dylan Holloway as the centerpiece for Filip Forsberg
no additional valued assets from either club necessary
figure out the cap implications to make it work, make the arrangements then pull the trigger

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is not how it works Jo
This is what he is relative to the rest of the NHL: above average to good scorer
#15 LW in the League the last couple years, last I checked, but, okay I guess. I suppose "elite" might be a stretch, but come on both of my teams are hell to watch right now and I'm hating life let me have this one little thing please PLEASE please

Reactions: Mtler in Toronto

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Its weird because top players dont get much retention on their contracts, maybe 10-15%, but the flat cap will make it challenging for a lot of teams to be able to fit him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->