Value of: Filip Forsberg

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
For a team trading for Forsberg? Minimum 3M..max 6M lol
I was playing on cap-friendly to see if we can do it without having to include Kerfoot. Lets say we get 50% retention so thats 3m this yr and 3mil next yr. If the 3 mil is pro rated then we can keep Kerf and include Engvall instead.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
3.87 this year so 50% would be 1.435 mil so yeah. I'd consider 2022 1st, #1 prospect. #1 d prospect
I think my fanbase would disown me if I included Amirov and Sandin in the same proposal. I fig you choose 1 of Amirov or Sandin and then choose 1 of Neimela or Abramov under the condition that its 1f and 1d not 2f's or 2d's. We also include Envgall instead of Kerfoot. Engvall is cheaper. also the 2022 1st is fine. I expect the 2021 draft to take place in 2022 so IMO the 2021 1st has more value. IMO a late 1st drafting 19yr olds is worth about the same as a 12-18th normal 1st

MMMOOOWWW

Dec 1, 2017
BC
A 26-year-old elite scorer that the team really doesn't want to give up (despite being willing to listen) is generally going to cost you a hell of a lot.

Some of this was already covered in the Proposal: - Forsberg to MTL thread.
I don't think someone who has never scored over 40 goals is a elite scorer. Not even 80 points. Good scorer maybe.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
A 26-year-old elite scorer that the team really doesn't want to give up (despite being willing to listen) is generally going to cost you a hell of a lot.

Some of this was already covered in the Proposal: - Forsberg to MTL thread.
Elite scorer is a misnomer , he's good for 25 plus goals 30 plus assists 60 plus points . That doesn't spell elite for me .

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't think someone who has never scored over 40 goals is a elite scorer. Not even 80 points. Good scorer maybe.
There's no obvious definition for elite, but over the past 4 season Forsberg is 15th in the NHL in total LW scoring and 12th in PPG scoring. This puts him in the top half of the league for first line wingers. Call him what you like, he would be the highest scoring LW over that time period on the Leafs by a large margin.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only thing elite about Forsberg is the stache he is sporting on hockeydb.
Elite scorer is a misnomer , he's good for 25 plus goals 30 plus assists 60 plus points . That doesn't spell elite for me .
Consider the usual offensive output of the teams he's on. Then consider where he is relative to the rest of the NHL. And also consider that he's ours, and we set the price, so trade negging is only going to get you excluded from the process.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Consider the usual offensive output of the teams he's on. Then consider where he is relative to the rest of the NHL. And also consider that he's ours, and we set the price, so trade negging is only going to get you excluded from the process.
I am willing to pony up some top prospects and a 1st if you guys retain 50% I am thinking 2022 1st+Amirov+Neimela+Engvall for Forsbers@50%

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I am willing to pony up some top prospects and a 1st if you guys retain 50% I am thinking 2022 1st+Amirov+Neimela+Engvall for Forsbers@50%
That's a really strong offer, I cant see many teams beating that, but I'm also not a Preds fan so can't speak for them. This definitely checks most if not all the boxes.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Sure, you can set the price all you want (well the gm can anyway). You can even try to justify him being elite because he is the shiniest turd on a turd sandwich. But it is a bad take. He is not elite. Don’t believe us, go make a poll on the main board and find out.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Sure, you can set the price all you want (well the gm can anyway). You can even try to justify him being elite because he is the shiniest turd on a turd sandwich. But it is a bad take. He is not elite. Don’t believe us, go make a poll on the main board and find out.
There's a way find out facts.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
He gets consideration for what he has accomplished not for what you think he might have accomplished on another team with other players . I'm guessing he gets a similar package to stone , patches and kessel , a pick a prospect and a roster player to make the cap work .

MavrikKash

Feb 22, 2021
I was going to make a Value of Forsberg to Boston thread, but then I realized that Boston has nothing of value to trade to Nashville at least worth Forsberg.

So considering NSH is willing to trade anyone not named Josi, Ellis, or Rinne. Have at it.

TK

Feb 26, 2019

That will certainly decide it, yes? Like you, I'd hate to have to objectively form my own opinions based on data and observations and then defend them. I just keep the HF Boards poll section bookmarked so that it can tell me what my opinions should be and settle things once and for all.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
That will certainly decide it, yes? Like you, I'd hate to have to objectively form my own opinions based on data and observations and then defend them. I just keep the HF Boards poll section bookmarked so that it can tell me what my opinions should be and settle things once and for all.

So your opinion carries more weight? Please show me the data that says he is ELITE.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yeah I don’t think the Bruins have any chance at this but
DeBrusk + Vaakanainen (or another young NHL Dman not named McAvoy) + 1st

Reactions: ylekot

TK

Feb 26, 2019
So your opinion carries more weight? Please show me the data that says he is ELITE.

Please show me where I SAID ANY OF THAT. Although I have to say I am not the least bit surprised you missed the entire point of the post.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Ottawa has a lot of picks and prospects, would be a great fit

the 1 year contact is a bit risky though

Mtler in Toronto

Mar 1, 2012
Toronto

This is not how it works Jo
This is what he is relative to the rest of the NHL: above average to good scorer

The best thing about Forsberg is the trade that brought him to Nashville.

Only thing correct about your post is yes Nashville does indeed set the price.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad