Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
loved when he went around stamkos and powered his way towards the goal on the rush. chytil can play a power game at this level despite being physically underdeveloped and only a teenager. whats he going to look like in a few years?

Reactions: bl02 and The S5

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
loved when he went around stamkos and powered his way towards the goal on the rush. chytil can play a power game at this level despite being physically underdeveloped and only a teenager. whats he going to look like in a few years?

I think a lot of that depends on the kind of players he is working with.

The kid is very much a stem cell right now. He could mold his game in any number of directions based on coaching and how he fits with the players around him.

Consequently, playing Chytil with the right linemates during the rebuild will be important.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
In the US (you guys are weird about that btw ;) ), I'm sure he'll legally have a few great Czech beers at home in the summer.

Our age was raised because of a few major interest groups arguing that it would cut back on drunk driving accidents. Without taking sides (I tend to oppose it) it has empirically been shown to reduce fatalities.

In any event, not many follow the rule, especially professional athletes. Chytil will get to be an adult with this team.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think a lot of that depends on the kind of players he is working with.

The kid is very much a stem cell right now. He could mold his game in any number of directions based on coaching and how he fits with the players around him.

Consequently, playing Chytil with the right linemates during the rebuild will be important.

I could look across the entire NHL and not find a better player for him to have on his line than Mats Zuccarello.

I see a number of young teams struggling in this league. To me, the idea that Zucc needs to go because he's part of the old guard makes zero sense. There is no player that wears that sweater any prouder than Zucc. And the way he came up is a great example for any young player.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zucc aimed at the wall behind the net @Pizza when he saw Chytil unmarked alone there 120% certain about that, so both Hayes & Zucc got a point out of it. :)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Seeing McDonagh-Girardi as a pairing cracked me up
Seriously. Poor, poor McD. Finally gets away from Girardi and then our team collapses, he gets traded to Tb and paired with Girardi again. They seem like they're buddies which is nice probably but the poor guy has been in the league for years now and has primarily been with a guy who doesn't compliment his play style well his entire career.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Seriously. Poor, poor McD. Finally gets away from Girardi and then our team collapses, he gets traded to Tb and paired with Girardi again. They seem like they're buddies which is nice probably but the poor guy has been in the league for years now and has primarily been with a guy who doesn't compliment his play style well his entire career.

And yet NHL coaches continue insist that they do, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In all, (with one game remaining) Chytil has 34 points in 52 games of pro hockey this year.

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And yet NHL coaches continue insist that they do, despite all evidence to the contrary.
It's still an old boys club in the NHL. In baseball you're starting to see guys with more analytical approaches make it into the managerial ranks, so maybe we'll see it in hockey one day. The problem, I think, is that for as popular as hockey is, it's still such an insular community. Everyone grows up playing in various Canadian leagues where everyone knows everyone, or they come from MN programs where it's the same story, the USNTDP, etc. Everywhere that kids play, it's littered with former players and management types espousing the same philosophies that they grew up with. Hard cycle to break. These kids learn hockey a certain way, and then 20 years later when they get a coaching gig, they do it the way they know.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Chytil is going to be a heck of a player and it will be from day 1 next season. Duguay said it perfectly once he calms down a bit with the puck around the net he’ll start putting up pts. He’s getting to the areas he needs to get to. He’s winning puck battles. His skating is fantastic. He’s only going to get better and better. Kid will still be 18 when the 2018-2019 season starts crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->