Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Certainly not for PLD.

In a package for Eichel? Different story.

I think the post covid salary cap will be down for a few years. Unless there is a new CBA that caps player salary at 7 mil, NYR will never be able to pay eichel and stay competitive.

Professional athletes are in for an ugly shock when it comes to future contracts

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think the post covid salary cap will be down for a few years. Unless there is a new CBA that caps player salary at 7 mil, NYR will never be able to pay eichel and stay competitive.

Professional athletes are in for an ugly shock when it comes to future contracts

I haven’t quite decided whether the flat cap helps or hurts us. I think helps? Will keep extension costs down, then the cap will explode just when we need it to.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Seems like he's taken the next step that everyone was hoping for. His biggest issue last season was being opportunistic and not being able to generate a ton on his own. He's gotten stronger and better on the puck
Yup...definitely is looking better with and without the puck and more confident . It takes time...simple as that ! I would hesitate moving him for either of the guys on the trade block . Wait this season at a minimum before we cast them off . We are not winning a Cup this season.....don't panic Ranger fans.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
PDG doing a good job but Panarin w Chytil , Kakko may be worth a look

I would not break that line up right now. PDG is going. He gives Chytil and especially Kakko cover and puck retrieval. He's driving that line and doing most of the dirty work, opening up room for the two kids. Panarin relies on skill and guile, and I just don't think his more passive style compared to PDG's will help the two. I'm still not completely sold on the trio, but it's working right now. Their output is coming off the rush. I'd want to see them generate output off the cycle. That will come hopefully as Kakko continues to get stronger with his board work. Chytil is almost there, I think, in that department.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Seems like he's taken the next step that everyone was hoping for. His biggest issue last season was being opportunistic and not being able to generate a ton on his own. He's gotten stronger and better on the puck

+1

Strength - so many boys will eventually add man power. It’s only natural.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad