Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
One thing to keep in mind - while we know what Chytil brings, this coaching staff has only seen ~10 games of him.

They may see it as big gamble to throw him into a spot in the lineup not knowing who he has chemistry with, or even what his in-game play looks like after a ~75 game lay off. I reckon they don’t change the lineup until there’s either an injury or a loss.

Sure they have tape, but there’s a level of comfort seeing a player in person and reinforcing that through relying on him in certain situations over the course of a regular season.
I’m certain they know him better than we do as fans. Remember, he started the season on the second line and looked great. There’s zero chance that was an accident when Trocheck was there the whole time.

Now, Tro obviously needs to stay where he is and has earned that spot ten times over. But Chytil will definitely be given a proper opportunity if he’s deemed healthy on either the first or third line.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
One thing to keep in mind - while we know what Chytil brings, this coaching staff has only seen ~10 games of him.

They may see it as big gamble to throw him into a spot in the lineup not knowing who he has chemistry with, or even what his in-game play looks like after a ~75 game lay off. I reckon they don’t change the lineup until there’s either an injury or a loss.

Sure they have tape, but there’s a level of comfort seeing a player in person and reinforcing that through relying on him in certain situations over the course of a regular season.

They have at least a week right now to test things out in practice.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
They have at least a week right now to test things out in practice.
Practice at this point in the season is really just maintenance. Not nearly the same as playing in a game.

Case in point: Jensen’s (who had been out injured) turn over to Kakko in the middle of the ice on his first shift of game 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad