Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I love Chytil, but the puck has been a grenade on his stick and he’s trying to dance through defenders too much. I want them to be able to maximize his offensive potential, so Hartford is probably the best spot for him right now. Even if he’s sent down, I’d bet he’s called up again at some later point. Same goes for Lias, and maybe even Howden.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

Somebody check the weather in hell because RB and I finally agree on something. Which probably means I'm wrong but I DON'T CARE.
Here’s something from a book I read recently that sums up how I feel every time I post anything on the internet:

Gwyn, who was wrong, flexed his forehead and said “A million people can’t be wrong.”
Richard, who was also wrong, said “A million people are always wrong.”

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I love Chytil, but the puck has been a grenade on his stick and he’s trying to dance through defenders too much. I want them to be able to maximize his offensive potential, so Hartford is probably the best spot for him right now. Even if he’s sent down, I’d bet he’s called up again at some later point. Same goes for Lias, and maybe even Howden.
I'm seeing the same things as well. I still think I would keep him up though, to see if he can work through his issues.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'm seeing the same things as well. I still think I would keep him up though, to see if he can work through his issues.

Yup I think he's forcing it now but not feeling confident. Having trouble making the right play, might be better served driving to the net a bit more and not trying to dance around the ice at the moment.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'd say at this point in the season, they might not recall anyone from Hartford just yet. Especially because they're already carrying McLeod and guys like Spooner and Namestnikov can move around a little.

Some of the options in Hartford are younger, so they might want to give them more consistent time.

The most logical choice if they do a recall would be Fogarty because of the role he would be expected to play in the NHL, and because Chytil would slide into a center spot in Hartford.

I think Holland probably stays in Hartford as a veteran presence.

There's also the option of running 7D, which I am not fond of, but the Rangers level of talent in the Defense farm pool is closer to the NHL level than it is on the Forward farm pool

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He’s looking pretty bad so far, really disappointing when we have less-touted rookies around the league looking real good.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
He’s looking pretty bad so far, really disappointing when we have less-touted rookies around the league looking real good.

Are said rookies 19 years old? And a young 19 at that?

I don't think its a skill or drive issue with Chytil - seems to me to be a strength issue, and that'll eventually come when he grows into his body. He needs to go down and gain some confidence back.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’d argue that he’s learning TONS with the parent club and improving each game. Didn’t he toast the AHL already. The guys a prodigy. He took one bad hit and has been well-aware ever since. I’m seeing two or three sweet plays per game. That’s great. He has holes to fill-in but he’s handling the hardest pasts well-as.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also can’t wait to see Chytil beat up some dime store enforcer. It may be years from now but he’s a man-child and I eventually will thrash one of those Matt Calvert types.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Either you misread it, or Larry corrected it:

They probably corrected it. That clown Brett or whatever the f*** his name is (channeling my inner Dan Boyle) posted an article titled "This is the Henrik Lundqvist we want to see" with a photo of Marek Mazanec :laugh:

Amateur hour at NY Post

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They didn’t correct it. Larry had it right from the beginning. Someone must have misunderstood him.

Chytil is getting jerked around by Quinn who to me looks no different than AV with the way he’s sending players to the press box for any little mistake and or favoring vets over rookies. DeAngelo not playing is a joke too. I’d send Chytil down to Hartford away from this mess as soon as possible.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
They didn’t correct it. Larry had it right from the beginning. Someone must have misunderstood him.

Chytil is getting jerked around by Quinn who to me looks no different than AV with the way he’s sending players to the press box for any little mistake and or favoring vets over rookies. DeAngelo not playing is a joke too. I’d send Chytil down to Hartford away from this mess as soon as possible.

Chytil is, quite clearly, having trouble keeping up with the strength and physicality of the NHL. No surprise there for a 19 year old. Your solution is to have Quinn throw him to the wolves and play him big minutes every night? Great idea...if you want to severely damage his progression as a player.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Chytil isn't ready which is not surprising given his age. He should be down in Hartford playing big minutes in all situations like Lias.

Reactions: jas

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
I’d argue that he’s learning TONS with the parent club and improving each game. Didn’t he toast the AHL already. The guys a prodigy. He took one bad hit and has been well-aware ever since. I’m seeing two or three sweet plays per game. That’s great. He has holes to fill-in but he’s handling the hardest pasts well-as.
He played very, very, very well as a super young 18yr old last season.... but I’d hardly say he “toasted” anything ...... he’s still got a ton of learning he could do... even in the AHL at this stage I would think

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

They correct it, Larry screwed it up. I read it.

He played very, very, very well as a super young 18yr old last season.... but I’d hardly say he “toasted” anything ...... he’s still got a ton of learning he could do... even in the AHL at this stage I would think

I'm on the side that he doesn't get too much development in Hartford, if he can't find 14 min with the Rangers I would send him down but it's not ideal. He has some defensive problems to work on, but they wouldn't matter against AHL competition imho. The problem is that 60% of this boards thinks that our kids will produce like crazy as soon as they get to play in the NHL, and that isn't the case for like 90% of the prospects.
Chytil is showing flashes, in 2 years he will probably be what we want him to be now. Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: egelband

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
So many worrried about a whether Rykov is a RHD or LHD, a peripheral point, and ignoring the main subject of the article. The team gets another year of Chytil's ELC if he plays no more than nine games in the NHL this year.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Chytil has almost no intangibles to his game so if he's not scoring, he's pretty much worthless. Andersson should be on the team as his intangibles are off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->