Fighting in the SCF

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Anyone here remember when was the last time there was a fight during the Stanley Cup Finals?

And I'm talking a real FIGHT here... not pushing and shoving... not wrestling... not one or two ineffectual punches, then falling down... a donnybrook not a scuffle.

Additionally... when was the last time there was a fight in a deciding game of the SCF? How about in Game 7 of the SCF?

PuckHogs29

Jul 6, 2010
NJ
Malkin and Zetterberg in '09 doesn't meet the criteria in any way so Lecavalier and Iginla would be it.

I went back 20 years to 1991 and couldn't find a game 7 fight, but there were several fights in the Devils/Avalanche series in 2001, one in the Stars/Sabres in 1999, one in the Avalanche/Panthers series in 1996, one in the Rangers/Canucks series in 1994, one in 1992 between the Hawks and Pens, and one in 1991 between the North Stars and Pens.

straka91*

Its been a while. Post Lock Out playoffs just keep getting softer and softer. Fighting (seemed to pick up in the 1st round) and hits (I think only 2 teams were averaging 30 hits a game).

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
Remember Quebec and Montreal 6th game.Brawl at the end of the 2nd period and it starts back up before the 3rd period.:handclap:

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Its been a while. Post Lock Out playoffs just keep getting softer and softer. Fighting (seemed to pick up in the 1st round) and hits (I think only 2 teams were averaging 30 hits a game).

:cry: Don't like it, don't watch it.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Getzlaf vs. Fisher count?

If you don't want to count that or Zetterberg vs. Malkin you're back to Lecavalier vs. Iginla in game 3 and a couple of fights in game 2 (Roy vs. Simon, Ference pummeling Stillman).

I had go all the way to 1985 to find a fight in a deciding game, the Flyers being the Flyers as the Oilers finished them off:

1971 game seven Jacques Lemaire and Keith Magnuson apparently fought: http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=15101

Last edited:

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I sure hope I see Bieksa v. Lucic this year. That could be sick.

I don't think that would end well for Bieksa. People talk about Lucic being a spot picker, but if you look at Bieksa's record, you'll see much lighter competition. I'm not saying he's a spot picker, just that he hasn't had anywhere near the level of competition in his fights as Lucic has.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I don't think that would end well for Bieksa. People talk about Lucic being a spot picker, but if you look at Bieksa's record, you'll see much lighter competition. I'm not saying he's a spot picker, just that he hasn't had anywhere near the level of competition in his fights as Lucic has.

as a nucks fan I wouldn't bet on Bieksa in a fight with Lucic. If Bieksa fights he would likely go after someone like Campbell instead of stepping up to Lucic

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lucic would eat Bieksa alive. I think Bieksa is more likely to go with Horton. Those two will be seeing a lot of each other and I think at one point or another they will drop the gloves.

The most memorable SCF fight for me was this:

Last edited:

DracoFulmineus

Out in a storm
Dec 7, 2005
with a steel pole
as a nucks fan I wouldn't bet on Bieksa in a fight with Lucic. If Bieksa fights he would likely go after someone like Campbell instead of stepping up to Lucic

Ah, okay. I've only watched a few of his fights, so I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable. In that case, I'd like to see Bieksa fight someone more his own level. :) Wouldn't want that pretty face of his to get too messed up.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn

All I know abuot Campbell is that he absolutely ruined Pyatt's face in that fight this season. But I'm not saying he can take Bieksa. I wanna just point out that I don't think Campbell is as bad at fighting at people make him out to be

Analyzer*

All I know abuot Campbell is that he absolutely ruined Pyatt's face in that fight this season. But I'm not saying he can take Bieksa. I wanna just point out that I don't think Campbell is as bad at fighting at people make him out to be

Tom Pyatt isn't a fighter and to add to that, Campbell's elbow pad had slipped down and was punching Pyatt with a solid elbow pad which did the most damage.

Bieksa should destroy Campbell in a fight.

Bieksa might have a chance against Horton, but no chance against Chara, Thornton and Lucic.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
Tom Pyatt isn't a fighter and to add to that, Campbell's elbow pad had slipped down and was punching Pyatt with a solid elbow pad which did the most damage.

Bieksa should destroy Campbell in a fight.

Bieksa might have a chance against Horton, but no chance against Chara, Thornton and Lucic.

I understand all that, but Bruins fans (or so I noticed on HF) seem to make Campbell out to be the worst fighter on the team entirely. I get that he's not a FIGHTER and nor was Pyatt, and the elbow pad I guess did the most damage, but he held Pyatt for like 10 seconds in a position throwing these punches. He's no Semin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad