Fighting Illini hockey - next season

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Well...it's been more than a few days...and still no announcement. This is one of the biggest tease I have ever seen.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well...it's been more than a few days...and still no announcement. This is one of the biggest tease I have ever seen.
No way in hell are they going to announce anything now, majority of schools are about to shutdown or convert to remote viewing/online classes.

Reactions: EvilDead

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston

Get used to it. As I said before, it's an annual event. I don't think much was happening on this front after Buccigross' tweet, but as S E P H had stated, for sure nothing is happening now.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
At least it sounds like they aren't going to scrap it all together. But I wouldn't think the delay of Illinois joining the D1 ranks is going to be only effect that Covid-19 has on college hockey.

Reactions: EvilDead and JMCx4

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

It wasn't "only Covid-19." They were a month away - in the last month, they'd be securing financing for construction, insurance, etc. So there was a long mile to run in that last month.

This, however, took them from a month away to a decade away again in six weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad