lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
71dpgwHou%2BL._SX522_.jpg

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
What.A.Goal.

Man Modric is amazing, ive been following him for some time because of Real Madrid, he is easily one of their BEST players, and he's showing the world right now just how good he is wow, even without the goal, the playmaking and defense and compete level, off the charts

when you have modric and marcello midfielding (Real) youre almost unstoppable,hence 3 straight champions league titles lol,...and oh yeah Ronaldo.

Every football fan knows that he's one of the best midfielders since 5-6 years, with Kroos too.

Marcelo is a LB.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
France is getting the job done but they're not looking impressive so far... So much talent on that team though...

None of the top teams are looking particularly impressive so far.

- Spain had a draw and barely squeaked by Iran
- Portugal had a draw and barely squeaked by Morocco
- Germany lost its opener
- Argentina LOL
- England barely squeaked by Tunisia
- Brazil also had a draw in their opening match

If we base ourselves in the early games, Russia is the favorite lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilou and Redux91

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

- Argentina LOL
- Brazil also barely squeaked by their opening match

I don't like giving too much importance to group stages. Teams are still coming together, getting into the groove. So many times teams that barely get by the groups end up in the finals.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I don't like giving too much importance to group stages. Teams are still coming together, getting into the groove. So many times teams that barely get by the groups end up in the finals.

Yup. Portugal did not win a match in the group stage in 2016 and still won the Euro.

People said France had a tough group stage in 2016 still crushed Iceland and beat Germany 2-0 in the semis.

Too early to tell at this point.

Reactions: lo striver

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
ArgentinaLOLLLL

They are so f***ed right now

This world cup has been weird since day 1. Too bad scoring is rather low. No clear favorites anymore except maybe France

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

- Argentina LOL

Why does everyone sleep on Belgium??? no one considers Portugal a top team in 2018.

Disgraceful showing for Argentina, heads will roll..again lmao

What does a 34 year old Messi do in 2022 i wonder

Oh no he'll retire for the 2nd time after the tournament. He single handedly brought Argentina to the WC after being 1 point away of missing, now his teammates forgot how to play again. I'm pretty sure at this point he is fed up and sees it as a waste of time, if against Nigeria he doesn't manage to score or win a game, forget about seeing Messi in an 'Albiceleste' jersey again.

Reactions: Redux91

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Argentina go home, you suck and your keeper's drunk.

Gotta cross them off my list of potential finalists now, they'll be replaced by Brazil or Croatia. The only reason why I wasn't super high on Croatia is because I watched their friendly against Brazil right before the World Cup and they were really dominated, but damn they look pretty good and also have a pretty balanced squad that can win a number of different ways. Could be a sleeper pick.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

- Argentina LOL

Depends who you view as a top team. Mexico and Croatia are both top-20 teams, and have acquitted themselves well so far. Same can be said of the Swiss at #6 and Belgium at #3.

If you define a top team as a traditional power that won before, you're right. But if you look at FIFA rankings right now, many of the top European teams are meeting expectations. The South American teams seem to be off, except Uruguay.

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Brazil finally had some movement in the middle of the field. I like France against Brazil if they meet.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
OMG what a game between Costa Rica & Brazil, so much f***ing drama and the ref was having none of it.

Over-turning the penalty was the right thing to do. Neymar dove. Then the time wasting by CR. I could feel Neymar's anger & frustration through the screen.

He needs to cool the diving and bitching and just play. He did fight through it and get his goal.

A very inconsistent performance by Brazil. At times they dominated. At times they looked a mess.

They missed a lot of quality chances too.

They got their 3 pts.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Serbia were 100% mugged off by the ref. How does 2 players quite literally rugby-tackling Mitrovic in the penalty area not equal a stonewall penalty?

Both the Swiss goals though were top-drawer. They don't get that second one if the Serbs are sitting back on a 2-1 lead after the above dead-cert penalty, though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Serbia were 100% mugged off by the ref. How does 2 players quite literally rugby-tackling Mitrovic in the penalty area not equal a stonewall penalty?

Both the Swiss goals though were top-drawer. They don't get that second one if the Serbs are sitting back on a 2-1 lead after the above dead-cert penalty, though.
And Shaqiri was elbowed in the face in the box in the first half with no call. Shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->