GDT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But interestingly the languages in the former Yugoslavia (excluding Albanian) are Slavic languages like Russian. South Slavic, though, whereas Russian is East Slavic, but pretty much all many of the current countries concerned have the pan-Slavic colors of red, blue and white on their flags.

main-qimg-fe06e3d2b7bbc8a8549a2bf8742c5293

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I meant we didn’t learn **** about what made up the Soviet Union. The extent of WWII teaching was primarily Hitler, Pearl Harbor, Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I’m apparently even more clueless than I thought.

I am trying to figure out what WWII has to do with it though lol. the dissolution of the USSR that caused the splits happened much later. as did the split of the Slavic states.......

anyways, doesnt really matter haha. we can all easily google what actually happened when lol. would love some dates added to that flag diagram. would make it perfect

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Was anyone else as shocked as I in regard to how the Russians -- particularly the crowd -- responded as the game went into OT and penalty kicks? I guess after years of watching hockey crowds, I have come to expect fans going wild, the players feeding off that energy and responding to it, the atmosphere being electric. Not so much in Sochi. Even when a player made their penalty shot, their celebration was short and muted, and the crowd quickly settled back down. At times, the coach on the sideline emphatically attempted to get the crowd up, to little avail. It was almost a sense of impending doom from the Russians...like they all had the thought of what could go wrong rather than what could go right. From the players to the fans, you could see it in their faces, their mannerisms.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Was anyone else as shocked as I in regard to how the Russians -- particularly the crowd -- responded as the game went into OT and penalty kicks? I guess after years of watching hockey crowds, I have come to expect fans going wild, the players feeding off that energy and responding to it, the atmosphere being electric. Not so much in Sochi. Even when a player made their penalty shot, their celebration was short and muted, and the crowd quickly settled back down. At times, the coach on the sideline emphatically attempted to get the crowd up, to little avail. It was almost a sense of impending doom from the Russians...like they all had the thought of what could go wrong rather than what could go right. From the players to the fans, you could see it in their faces, their mannerisms.

Like Hurricanes fans going into a shootout?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think France scores first....Croatia have shown to have trouble with speed and France doesn't need to control the midfield to score. I think France actually scores a second goal.....with Croatia having a slowish start like normal. Croatia will ramp it up and get a goal in the 2nd half and continue to build momentum but it will ultimately be too late and France wins 2-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad