FIFA Tragedy Protocol

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wow, this is getting bizarre. Haven't kept up on the story, so who arranged the flight, if it ended up being true that the pilot didn't have correct license?

Cardiff should pay, and then receive insurance settlement if there is one to be had for them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The law is pretty clear. The transfer was completed as per FIFA rules and thus Cardiff owe the money.

If they feel the pilot/plane company or Sala's agent were at fault, they can pursue separate legal action against those individuals but that doesn't absolve them of paying the fee. They would pay the fee and then be reimbursed by insurance or via a lawsuit against another party.

If they feel that somehow Nantes is at fault they could file legal action against them for some kind of breach of contract, however denying the fee because you're considering legal action in the future is a violation of FIFA rules and should land Cardiff with a transfer ban.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, this is getting bizarre. Haven't kept up on the story, so who arranged the flight, if it ended up being true that the pilot didn't have correct license?

Cardiff should pay, and then receive insurance settlement if there is one to be had for them.
Flight was apparently arranged by an agent's friend or something. Not Nantes, nor Cardiff.
The flight was Sala's will to come back to Nantes and say goodbye to his former teammates. Nantes' president wasn't even aware he was there that day.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Flight was apparently arranged by an agent's friend or something. Not Nantes, nor Cardiff.
The flight was Sala's will to come back to Nantes and say goodbye to his former teammates. Nantes' president wasn't even aware he was there that day.

Gotcha. Cardiff should've been more involved to ensure the flight taken care of. Insane that they would take action against Nantes for it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I don't see how they have anything against Nantes.
What they say is that Nantes hired the agent to find Sala a club. That was even before the transfer obviously.

Makes no sense.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They just don't want to pay. They are looking for any excuse to get out of paying the transfer.
Agreed, and I feel for them because it's not like they are a big club that can waste money away, but very unprofessional.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Terrible situation, I heard like two to three weeks ago that Cardiff didn't want to pay and Nantes was going to file a lawsuit against them for the full fee. If I were both teams, this goes beyond money and business, there needs to be some moral standards here. Cardiff should pay half of the fee to Nantes should accept it knowing what happened and just move on.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Terrible situation, I heard like two to three weeks ago that Cardiff didn't want to pay and Nantes was going to file a lawsuit against them for the full fee. If I were both teams, this goes beyond money and business, there needs to be some moral standards here. Cardiff should pay half of the fee to Nantes should accept it knowing what happened and just move on.

It's tragic, but Nantes losing half of their biggest sale in history (who was also likely their most valuable asset) because something happened after the sale was fully complete is absurd.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And want moral standard is that exactly?

I do love the precedence it would set though. Buy a car. Wreck it on the way home and get 50% off for “moral reasons”.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And want moral standard is that exactly?

I do love the precedence it would set though. Buy a car. Wreck it on the way home and get 50% off for “moral reasons”.
Stupid analogy, car =/= death of a person.

Yeah, why would Nantes give up half the money exactly?
Knowing that Sala will never play for Cardiff again. Maybe moral reasons wasn't the correct word, but compassion instead.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If it's a minor sale where the amount of cash doesn't really matter, sure maybe the teams work out a deal, but that's a massive amount of money for Nantes. It's like 3 years worth of normal transfers for them.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How is it stupid? If you are talking about “moral standards” surely you got to have some sort of principle backing it up? Seemingly you don’t have that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Why would compassion be limited to Nantes? Shouldn’t we all feel this compassion?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Stupid analogy, car =/= death of a person.

Knowing that Sala will never play for Cardiff again. Maybe moral reasons wasn't the correct word, but compassion instead.
If we were talking about 100K, yeah I'm sure.
And that's not a stupid analogy since players' contract are effectively bought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->