Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
liberation_3320129a.jpg

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
You can read through the indictment here: http://www.nationallawjournal.com/c...2615549854&curindex=0&slreturn=20150427141826

This has nothing to do with Qatar or Russia. it's all to do with Traffic, Torneos y Competencias, some sports marketing firm in New Jersey and Nike paying bribes to acquire media and sponsorship rights to CONMEBOL and CONCACAf reps, as well as a few national federation leaders. It also outlines the incident that gor Jack Warner kicked out.

Nicolas Leoz and dead Julio Grondona (co-conspiror #10) are such crooks. Leoz is especially disgusting. Every dollar earned by Traffic through media rights has been by bribing. It's unbelievable. What a black eye for CONMEBOL. Can't say I'm too shocked by the CONCACAF stuff, wouldn't expect anything less. Tiny federations with no oversight.

But there is also an investigation by the Swiss federal prosecutor and that allegedly concerns the awarding of the World Cups to Russia and Qatar.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
When you have so much money involved, you will always have amounts of corruption. There is no way around it. It happens everywhere.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Carve out the rot and the tree will either collapse or regrow stronger. Hopefully it's the latter and not the former.

Although, I would be lying if I said I didn't want UEFA to lead a walk out.

Uefa's official statement:

Today’s events are a disaster for FIFA and tarnish the image of football as a whole.

UEFA is deeply shocked and saddened by them.

These events show, once again, that corruption is deeply rooted in FIFA’s culture.

There is a need for the whole of FIFA to be “rebooted†and for a real reform to be carried out.

The upcoming FIFA Congress risks to turn into a farce and therefore the European associations will have to consider carefully if they should even attend this Congress and caution a system, which, if it is not stopped, will ultimately kill football.

The UEFA member associations are meeting tomorrow ahead of the FIFA Congress. At that point, the European associations will decide on what further steps need to be taken to protect the game of football.

In the meantime, the members of the UEFA Executive Committee are convinced that there is a strong need for a change to the leadership of this FIFA and strongly believe that the FIFA Congress should be postponed, with new FIFA presidential elections to be organised within the next six months.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
And Sepp's statement.........................

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organization. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year.

Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee–which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups–took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics.

We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.

:laugh:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yep. Blazer has been wearing a wire for years.

No doubt they have documents on Blatter as well. Just making sure he's able to be extradited and to get affidavits from the people who plea bargain before arresting him.

Not to mention these are rich, rich people with no interest in serving time. The kind that will face no bodily harm should they sell their colleagues out in plea deals.

Probably won't need to lean on them much at all to get Blatter.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There was also stuff in the indictment about these guys taking bribes from Morocco to host the WC in 1998. Not that Morocco won or anything, but that's how far back the investigation goes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This is amazing.

I look forward to seeing that Qatar offered xx million for a World Cup whilst we offered some Jellies Eels and cockles in Whitstable. :laugh:

Oh don't worry, England offered plently. Just less than Qatar. That's what has happenned in every WC.
WC 98 was bought too, reportedly. No surprise there. I might add that I wouldn't be surprised if it was bought on the pitch as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->