FIFA / FM Thread

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Tried the FIFA 20 demo. PES 2020 demo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIFA 20 demo. The game speed on normal on the FIFA emo is just way too fast. PES demo felt far more realistic.

Sep 19, 2008
Played the demo earlier and Volta is kind of fun. You are only allowed a 3v3 though. I want to see how it goes when I play for real later this week.

And again the demo's out so anyone can just download it to a ps4, xbox or pc.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Looks like the mode that NHL added last year. It'll probably be a fun arcade type mode, but just another way for them to get more micro transactions, which means they'll just stop caring about the rest of the game.

I have the EA access trial, so I’ll use that to see if it’s worth buying. But if there’s actually a full on road to glory type mode Volta mode would be super fun. It was fun on the demo.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Anyone know if Volta mode will have the ability to play with friends online? I know they're planning a FUT type version for online.

I was wondering if they'll have a pro clubs type thing where I can play 5v5 with my team all my buddies online.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Anyone know if Volta mode will have the ability to play with friends online? I know they're planning a FUT type version for online.

I was wondering if they'll have a pro clubs type thing where I can play 5v5 with my team all my buddies online.

I would assume so? But I could be putting too much faith in EA.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I was also assuming this would be a thing but I have yet to find anything online and I think if it was in EA's intentions we would have heard about it by now.

Yeah everything I’ve read compares it to FUT. maybe they’ll have a 5v5 street version of Pro Clubs?

I play all Pro Clubs. Can’t be bothered getting smoked with an a league one quality club by some 13 year old with Messi and Ronaldo in FUT trying to build my team the free way.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I play all Pro Clubs. Can’t be bothered getting smoked with an a league one quality club by some 13 year old with Messi and Ronaldo in FUT trying to build my team the free way.

Agreed! I primarily just play Career mode at this point.

Although I do love going on FUT every now and again to beat kids with Messi with Glen Murray starting

Sep 19, 2008

There might be. I know there's an online option but I couldn't find anyone else online.

I'm mostly working on the story at this point.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Looks like FIFA career mode is a broken mess.

played through the beta and I had some concerns about the new features. The press conferences were cool, but I felt like the questions and answers were very limited and repetitive. The morale system was way too similar to the NHL series morale and I didn't like it then and don't like it now. I was doing a United career mode and James Garner kept bitching to me about not playing and wrecked my manager rating. And then when I tried to sell him, nobody would buy him or the deal would fall through like it always did. The manager customization was lacking in almost everything.

Pretty much everything that they said they would fix was/is still broken. Disappointing is an understatement and that sucks because I did enjoy the gameplay more than 19. Definitely will wait for a sale before I buy.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
My copy is on the way! Haven't had it since FIFA 17, and figured I'd use my Target gift card on this. I am pretty simplistic as far as what I do, so I'm just looking to win some titles.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
FIFA will improve career mode. I read the whole informations about it and IMO they did the change in panic to the backslash of fans requesting changes. Nothing there is ground breaking except the dynamic potential for players and "supossed" improved AI regarding teams management. The rest is all esthetic.

No money management, no reserve squad, no create a team or build a stadium, no online career mode.

They did these changes to appease the fans that theatened to not buy the game because it is the same career mode every year.
The career bugs and sheer stupidity of the changes just rearfirm my theory that they never planned to improve the Career Mode, they just did it in a rush to prevent people threatening to not buy it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
? Just bought it today and was hoping to open it this weekend. All I play is career mode but if it's trash I might skip and just get NHL 20.
I haven't gotten it because I'm skipping and possibly done altogether, but the issues were trending on twitter and it looks like a disaster.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The main issue I have is the squad rotation in Career mode being a mess. The table becomes completely random and big teams get relegated at a consistent rate, it kills all the realism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad