FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Bunch of players got shafted this year. Practically the whole Bayern squad because apparently winning the Champions League means nothing. Aubamayang gets downgraded because winning the golden boot in the premier league is overrated and apparently Jadon Sancho isn't fast anymore.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Bunch of players got shafted this year. Practically the whole Bayern squad because apparently winning the Champions League means nothing. Aubamayang gets downgraded because winning the golden boot in the premier league is overrated and apparently Jadon Sancho isn't fast anymore.
Sancho has 86 acceleration and 81 speed? It was 89 and 85 respectively.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The ratings always have a lot of ones that are head scratchers.. EA seems to be so slow to down grade older players too. Some of the higher rated players are there just because of their legacy, not because of the year they just had.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I think they adjusted pretty much everyone downward...which is probably a good thing overall. Still, some individual ratings are pretty shocking.

This is gonna be my team this weekend for WL. Figured I'll get used to plain old Golds again. Granted, some are pretty good, but I don't want to get TOO frustrated.

I'd love it if I got to 11 wins with this team. We'll see...

FIFA 21.JPG

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Aaaaaand I'm currently 6-5. 2 blowout losses, but the rest have been close. Super pumped. Playing much smarter.

Speed is brutal. Richarlison and Son are okay on offense. Batshuayi and Tielemans are SLOOOOOW.

Areola is an insane keeper. Even base gold Ramos and Lenglet are quite good.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Aaaaaand I'm currently 6-5. 2 blowout losses, but the rest have been close. Super pumped. Playing much smarter.

Speed is brutal. Richarlison and Son are okay on offense. Batshuayi and Tielemans are SLOOOOOW.

Areola is an insane keeper. Even base gold Ramos and Lenglet are quite good.

Man you're 6-5 with an all gold team and I'm 8-7 with my first team :laugh:

This is probably my last weekend. Nothing really left to play for until 21 comes out. And its totally not because I'm getting smacked around this weekend...

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Man you're 6-5 with an all gold team and I'm 8-7 with my first team :laugh:

This is probably my last weekend. Nothing really left to play for until 21 comes out. And its totally not because I'm getting smacked around this weekend...

Got Gold 3!

Had tons of fun... I'd recommend trying it one of these last couple weekends. Easy to shrug off losses, and the goals and wins are super satisfying.

Screenshot_20200912-221150.png

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well this weekend was the complete opposite from last week. Won my first 8 games in a row somehow and scored 27 goals while only giving up 1 goal. Genuinely stunned at that. I did go almost full meta with a 4231, moved Maradona in the middle cam spot with a maestro chem style and really unlocked his full potential. Chelsea Werner is an incredible finisher with brilliant movement around the box. Today was (obviously) a lot tougher, but still managed to get Gold 2 with 6 games left.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Well this weekend was the complete opposite from last week. Won my first 8 games in a row somehow and scored 27 goals while only giving up 1 goal. Genuinely stunned at that. I did go almost full meta with a 4231, moved Maradona in the middle cam spot with a maestro chem style and really unlocked his full potential. Chelsea Werner is an incredible finisher with brilliant movement around the box. Today was (obviously) a lot tougher, but still managed to get Gold 2 with 6 games left.

Saw you got Gold 1!

I missed it by 2 games. Gold 2 easily this week though.

I'll probably play the last weekend league. My Richarlison has 970 games and 970 goals. I wanna get him up to an even 1,000.

(Yes, that's a ton of games since TOTS. Quarantine and being furloughed will do that, haha.)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Saw you got Gold 1!

I missed it by 2 games. Gold 2 easily this week though.

I'll probably play the last weekend league. My Richarlison has 970 games and 970 goals. I wanna get him up to an even 1,000.

(Yes, that's a ton of games since TOTS. Quarantine and being furloughed will do that, haha.)

Yeah! I almost bottled it though. 6 games left and got smacked the first 3 games. Morale was low, but was hoping the elo was going to be in my favor. 1st win was insanely close 1-0 win. 2nd and 3rd game to secure I was like f*** it and used loan icons to drag me over the finish line. 2nd game won 3-2 , but gave up a goal in stoppage time to make me nervous. 3rd game was a comfortable 4-0 win to secure it!

I think what frustrates me most out of anything is that I find there's a significant skill gap from gold 2 and above. Every time I hit gold 2 and think there's a chance at gold 1 I always get my ass kicked

Reactions: GabeTravels

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Alright final gripe with Career Mode in this game. I may get fired from Brighton despite winning the CL, Prem double....I don't know Tony Bloom but I imagine if a Manager won him the double he would not care that they didn't grow the overall of 2 youth players and buy a Crucial midfielder....

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Alright final gripe with Career Mode in this game. I may get fired from Brighton despite winning the CL, Prem double....I don't know Tony Bloom but I imagine if a Manager won him the double he would not care that they didn't grow the overall of 2 youth players and buy a Crucial midfielder....
Lol, FIFA is a joke.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What are peoples preferred formation and tactical set ups? Also how many players do you set to stay back while attacking/come back on defense? I find I may be committing to many players back and it's hurting my ability to create chances.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What are peoples preferred formation and tactical set ups? Also how many players do you set to stay back while attacking/come back on defense? I find I may be committing to many players back and it's hurting my ability to create chances.

The formation I used the most this year was the 41212 narrow with some high press. But I've had some success with 433 with false 9 and 4321 as well.

If I'm playing online I usually have my fullbacks stayback and sometimes my wide players comeback. But for the most part I like to have my fullbacks on balanced and at least 1 cdm on stayback. The full backs on balanced really helps adding extra bodies to the attack. But I think it really depends on the players you are using and their work rates.

So what’s everyone’s ideal starter squad looking like for fifa 21?

Whatever I get out of my packs and build around them. I started with a prem team, then packed Alaba and Sule and moved toward a Bundesliga team for a while. I'm tempted to lean towards Serie A to build around McKennie's move to Juventus., butI think I'll try to form a squad for each main league this year. You have to figure Icon Swaps will be back and having those first team players will be big again.

Sep 19, 2008
I won the Premier League with some team I can't remember, promoted them from EPL League 2 or something, but couldn't continue the career mode because they have a limit to how many years you can run. It's stupid. And in the middle of leading Canada in the World Cup. The franchise just stopped :laugh:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got Gold 2 for my last weekend league...and rounded out 1000 games with Richarlison. Look at those stats! :D

Snapshot_20200926_152435.jpg

He'll definitely be in my starter squad for FUT 21.
Speaking of...Web App drops on Wednesday, EA Access on Thurdsay.
Hope to do a bit of trading on Wednesday...we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsboy11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad