FIFA / FM Thread

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Got trolled with Bergkamp. Seeing that dutch CF made my heart race a little bit. I'm alright with that because I knew in my heart it wasn't going to be Cruyff or Gullitt, but I got a good laugh out of it. Definitely going to grind for more.

Felt the same way thinking it could be Pele or Ronaldinho or Even Kaka with Brazilian CAM but I'm still thrilled with Socrates.

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Owen.

BIG L...

I'll do more after rewards on Thursday. Another Gold 2 finish. Had a huge win to get my 15th win, 7-7 with a win on penalties. Tied the game in the 94th minute to send it to extra time.

I also took a big L on the market. Thought it would fly... But they put a bunch more special cards in packs. I'll likely lose 200K on my 700K investment. Ooooof. Holding out a bit longer because I don't think it'll actually get any worse, haha.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Packed a whole bunch of special cards through the league sbcs. Tots De Vrij, Havertz, some 91 Argentinean dude, headliners Digne, Toty Alisson, Scream Carvalho and a couple other cards so I'm making some profit on some of these.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got Prime Baresi tonight out of my Objective Any Icon pack.

Could've been worse. Maybe he'll replace Prime Koeman in my rotation squad... Still quite slow though.

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Screenshot_20200820-121312.png

Team is complete. All first owner, untradeable. I had been holding off on doing Lenglet because I liked Kimpembe but it gets everyone on full chem and I can use the Ter Stegen I packed instead of Mandanda.

If I get some insane pack luck in the next couple weeks then maybe I'd consider doing the POTY De Bruyne.

I also never realized I could link my Twitch account with Amazon Prime. Never paid attention and thought Twitch Prime was something else. Did that last night and got TOTS Courtois out of the free pack.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
View attachment 362544
Team is complete. All first owner, untradeable. I had been holding off on doing Lenglet because I liked Kimpembe but it gets everyone on full chem and I can use the Ter Stegen I packed instead of Mandanda.

If I get some insane pack luck in the next couple weeks then maybe I'd consider doing the POTY De Bruyne.

I also never realized I could link my Twitch account with Amazon Prime. Never paid attention and thought Twitch Prime was something else. Did that last night and got TOTS Courtois out of the free pack.

Let me know how that Lenglet-Ramos partnership goes because I'm eyeing those player to improve on Militao and Carlos.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Infuriating weekend league, haha.

Finished Gold 3. Lost 5 games in a shootout.

One game in particular stands out. Down by one in extra time and get hauled down for a penalty. He even gets a red card. I miss the penalty but thankfully score shortly after. But in the last 5 minutes of extra time I have 7 shots from inside the 6. 3 hit the post, 2 are blocked, one goes impossibly wide. I get a second penalty in the 120th and miss.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gold 2 again this week with 2 extra losses. About game 20 is when I was getting infuriated. Had a game where I was down 3-0 at one point, came back and almost lost it 4-3 and then got a 90th minute equalizer. Rashford misses an absolute sitter in the 120th minute on his weakfoot and then I lose in penalties. So frustrating.

Also had a guy message me after a game complaining to me after I beat him 4-0 saying ea was helping me. Dude had Prime Ronaldo and kept him in my pocket the entire game because he just kept passing to him lol.

Had a lot of fun messing around with Maradona and finished with 19 goals with him, but he'll go games where he will win games on his own, but also go long stretches of not doing anything. Plus his 3 star weakfoot is very noticeable.

And finally completed a full Man United side so looking forward to next week playing with it. Hopefully weekend league continues for at least another week.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Did another Moments Icon as I had a few decent TOTS pulls and a duplicate Busquets.

Got Zanetti... Who's actually decent. Not a massive win and he doesn't replace Ndombele (man those Summer Heat cards are insane), but he will fit in on the Rotation Squad... The little I use it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So I wanted to mix things up with Career Mode so I did 3 randoms on kick off and then went with what ever the third random was. I ended up getting Cork City with the end goal being to win the CL. Year 4 we are starting to dominate the domestic league, and the CL is a genuine tough challenge. Fun little way to mix up the offline mode if that's something people want.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got decent WL rewards and decided to do a couple Prime Icon Packs...

First two were Gattuso and Larsson (yuck), so I decided to do one more.

Brazilian...CAM...Rivaldo. Such a troll.

I'll likely rinse my reserve squad on these since I have enough fitness and don't play often enough to use it anymore.

I know there's not many I'd actually use... But it's fun to hope. Let's see...

Maradona
Pele
Ronaldo
Zidane
Cruyff
Ronaldinho
Matthaus
Gullit
Eusebio

Would all obviously make the squad without question.

Henry
Garrincha
Maldini
Cannavaro
Del Piero
Kaka
Pirlo
Baggio
Best

Would be fun but would be on the edge of making the squad, as they're not quiiite as good as Summer Heat/TOTS players.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Division rival rewards were good to me and packed tots Dybala and tots Ramos (!!!!) while gold 2 picks weren't the best, but I got a 96 Hummels that will be easy sbc fodder. I'm sitting on a lot of high overall players, but just sitting and waiting to see if there's anything worthwhile coming out soon or just focus on Lenglet. I could probably do some icon packs, but I'm just too patient

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Division rival rewards were good to me and packed tots Dybala and tots Ramos (!!!!) while gold 2 picks weren't the best, but I got a 96 Hummels that will be easy sbc fodder. I'm sitting on a lot of high overall players, but just sitting and waiting to see if there's anything worthwhile coming out soon or just focus on Lenglet. I could probably do some icon packs, but I'm just too patient

Lenglet is really good by the way. Him and Ramos are the best two CBs I used this year.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So weekend league was interesting. Played first 10 games with a past and present United side and went 5-5. Wasn't having fun with it, did Lenglet sbc and then went 9-1 with the main side. Finished 17-7 at Gold 2 with 6 games left and said why not go and try for gold 1. Lost 3 games in a row and was way out of my depth and gave up. Think I know my limits now.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So weekend league was interesting. Played first 10 games with a past and present United side and went 5-5. Wasn't having fun with it, did Lenglet sbc and then went 9-1 with the main side. Finished 17-7 at Gold 2 with 6 games left and said why not go and try for gold 1. Lost 3 games in a row and was way out of my depth and gave up. Think I know my limits now.

Haha I was watching your progress. Saw you had 15 wins with 8 games left and was quite impressed.

I hear ya on limits. I started 3-2 which is a bit below average, but had a really good run of games and was 15-7. Then lost like 5 straight and barely squeaked Gold 2.

Once I get to like +6 ELO I really struggle with certain playstyles. I can hang in some games, but my defending isn't good enough if the opponent is patient. My offense also really dries up in most of those games. I'm a very impatient attacker and it shows when I'm playing guys above my skill.

Hope Lenglet works well for you...I've been super impressed with him.

I'll probably play into the middle of September and then take a bit of time to step away from online play before FIFA 21. I plan to hit FUT hard in the first few weeks. Thus far I've done all the Pre-Season objectives.

Gonna try and finally get my coworker into FUT. He's always been interested but it's tougher to get going if you start late. So hopefully I'll give him the basics and he can get a decent team...but either way we'll try and do co-op.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Haha I was watching your progress. Saw you had 15 wins with 8 games left and was quite impressed.

I hear ya on limits. I started 3-2 which is a bit below average, but had a really good run of games and was 15-7. Then lost like 5 straight and barely squeaked Gold 2.

Once I get to like +6 ELO I really struggle with certain playstyles. I can hang in some games, but my defending isn't good enough if the opponent is patient. My offense also really dries up in most of those games. I'm a very impatient attacker and it shows when I'm playing guys above my skill.

Hope Lenglet works well for you...I've been super impressed with him.

I'll probably play into the middle of September and then take a bit of time to step away from online play before FIFA 21. I plan to hit FUT hard in the first few weeks. Thus far I've done all the Pre-Season objectives.

Gonna try and finally get my coworker into FUT. He's always been interested but it's tougher to get going if you start late. So hopefully I'll give him the basics and he can get a decent team...but either way we'll try and do co-op.

Man once I got gold 2 and played those 3 games I could not touch them. Wave after wave of attacks and whenever I won the ball it was insanely high press and could barely leave my half. Gold 2 only from now on.

Lenglet is a beast. Probably the best CB pairing you could have on this game.

I'm addicted to these 5x 82+ upgrade packs. I would've taken it easier if it wasn't so easy to grind these.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One game in particular stands out. Down by one in extra time and get hauled down for a penalty. He even gets a red card. I miss the penalty but thankfully score shortly after. But in the last 5 minutes of extra time I have 7 shots from inside the 6. 3 hit the post, 2 are blocked, one goes impossibly wide. I get a second penalty in the 120th and miss.
This is the reason I stopped playing FUT in 2018. Too intense at times!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This is actually a lot more in depth than I thought it would be. I was hoping there was more templates than just 3 stadiums or maybe that's all that they are showing at the moment. I also can't imagine anyone really changing the paint color of the lines. But for the most part I'm very impressed. Got to have a create a club feature next year for career mode so we can utilize this even more.

Reactions: robertmac43

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Another Gold 2 finish.
Pretty good weekend.

Think I may go back to a regular gold squad next week and play with that. Yes I'll get crushed, but come 21 I'll be more used to the limitations of the regular cards.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gold 2 again. Bit different this weekend. Had so many people ragequit against me this weekend and almost every loss I had was extremely close and could've gone either way.

Picked up Reus and Sancho after doing the Meunier sbc and doing the Sane objective so might change it up and go back to a Bundesliga team this weekend. Reus and Sancho were 2 of my favorite players I've used this year

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Werner Ziyech was downgraded to an 85, both were previous 86. Havertz was boosted to 85 from 84.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad