FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Much better this week getting gold 2 with 3 games to spare. Definitely not going to try for gold 1. So I'm working on rivals objectives now in division 5 and holy shit every single player I've come up against is playing like its the f***ing world cup final playing 11 players behind the ball and shushing me after every goal.

Sep 19, 2008
Much better this week getting gold 2 with 3 games to spare. Definitely not going to try for gold 1. So I'm working on rivals objectives now in division 5 and holy shit every single player I've come up against is playing like its the f***ing world cup final playing 11 players behind the ball and shushing me after every goal.
That's why I don't play online. Last time I played online a few years ago people kept letting the replays go through (just skip them, I know I got scored on, let's get on with the game)

Although I've got to admit seeing the online cellys would be hilarious

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That's why I don't play online. Last time I played online a few years ago people kept letting the replays go through (just skip them, I know I got scored on, let's get on with the game)

Although I've got to admit seeing the online cellys would be hilarious

Cellys like shushing or dabbing don't bother me, but those are obviously meant to trigger the opponent which is pointless in rivals especially with this game at the end of its cycle. But the cellys that take 5 years to complete are annoying as hell. The good news is that they are reducing the insane amount of cutscenes in the game for fifa 21

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

I had a solid weekend too. Saturday night, last game I was up 4-1 and absolutely bottled it. Gave up a goal in like the 70th, then the 85th. Passed it around the back until the 92nd minute and then had a horrendous clearance and he tied it up and won in extra time.

That would've put me at 15 wins with 6 games to play. I was really concerned it was gonna cost me Gold 2.

But then I played today and won my first 4 games to lock up Gold 2. Felt good.

The celebrations don't really bother me...but when people shush after every goal I just make the game drag on as long as humanly possible. Like I get it, you're better than me. Good on you. Get on with it.

Or when there's a good back and forth game, skipping celebrations and replays, and they get a late winner and shush. It's annoying.

Been doing a really little bit of trading. Not much, 5-10K profit per card. Mostly been buying Gold Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar and flipping immediately.

It's pretty easy and consistent.

Bought Headliners Ilicic and Reus to get the TOTS Objectives done. Both bought more than 5% below market value so hopefully they don't dip in price too much before tomorrow.

Kingsboy, when's a good time to play a friendly or two? I'm on most afternoons/evenings.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I had a solid weekend too. Saturday night, last game I was up 4-1 and absolutely bottled it. Gave up a goal in like the 70th, then the 85th. Passed it around the back until the 92nd minute and then had a horrendous clearance and he tied it up and won in extra time.

That would've put me at 15 wins with 6 games to play. I was really concerned it was gonna cost me Gold 2.

But then I played today and won my first 4 games to lock up Gold 2. Felt good.

The celebrations don't really bother me...but when people shush after every goal I just make the game drag on as long as humanly possible. Like I get it, you're better than me. Good on you. Get on with it.

Or when there's a good back and forth game, skipping celebrations and replays, and they get a late winner and shush. It's annoying.

Been doing a really little bit of trading. Not much, 5-10K profit per card. Mostly been buying Gold Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar and flipping immediately.

It's pretty easy and consistent.

Bought Headliners Ilicic and Reus to get the TOTS Objectives done. Both bought more than 5% below market value so hopefully they don't dip in price too much before tomorrow.

Kingsboy, when's a good time to play a friendly or two? I'm on most afternoons/evenings.

I forgot I also bought the ucl live Goretzka a few weeks ago before he was upgraded for like 30k, so when he gets upgraded again that massive potential for profit. I needed a strong link to Lewandowski and was tempted to do his moments sbc, but went the cheap route instead.

I usually play in the morning to early afternoon and then late at night, but I have so much free time I can play any time

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The customization in Fut 21 is definitely intriguing me. Maybe I'll try the mode out again.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
The customization in Fut 21 is definitely intriguing me. Maybe I'll try the mode out again.

It does look pretty good. I've always rocked my favorite team's kits and stadium. But this stadium creation looks pretty neat. Maybe something like that can be done in career mode too. Hopefully this means kit customization down the road, which would be incredible.

Removing fitness and attribute boost cards are nice. I don't really care about Tifos and the like, but I know they need to fill packs, so whatever. Every team's badge should be able to be used as a Tifo.

The menus looks like they've been streamlined, which I appreciate.

Co-op looks sick. I have a friend who I play co-op seasons with, but he's never really gotten into Ultimate Team. He tried a bit this year but it was tough since he came in so late. I'm gonna try again this year because he was intrigued, and if he gets in at the beginning he won't be facing God squads. but even if he doesn't, he can join in with my FUT.

I'm quite excited for 21.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It does look pretty good. I've always rocked my favorite team's kits and stadium. But this stadium creation looks pretty neat. Maybe something like that can be done in career mode too. Hopefully this means kit customization down the road, which would be incredible.
Having more customization to the stadium and such has been something I have wanted for a long time in career mode. I think the licencing has been an issue in past years.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
For the most part I like a lot of changes that were made. Fut coop really doesn't do anything for me as I like my single player, but I know a lot of people will like that.

Stadium customization I'm thrilled about and this has to be in career mode as well. It just has to be and they would be insane to not put it in there. Make it so every team that doesn't have a stadium to be able to build their own and upgrade or at least create a club. Its an absolute waste if its just for ultimate team. I've actually spent a lot of time this year trying match badges, kits, tifos and stadium colors so i personally really like them expanding customization.

The events seem like a cool feature, but it really depends on the kind of rewards that you get from it.

The live friendlies has potential. If they could use the icon swaps first owner objectives and have them completed in there I think a lot of people would prefer that than rivals where you wont care about people de-ranking and playing people way above their level. Maybe for the harder objective like what they did with Mendy and Bruno they could leave that in rivals.

They didn't really change the structure of rivals or fut champs other than adding ranks and expanding it to a top 200 which I'm never likely to get. So like I said for the most part I think its good not great. I don't think the additions aren't going to do anything to people who de-rank in rivals. Fut champs will still be insanely unforgiving. They haven't mentioned anything about icon swaps/potential icon sbcs, milestone objectives or anything like that which has me a bit worried. We'll see, but I do think that its moving in a positive direction.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You guys actually think stadium customization and potentially kit customization are coming to career mode? Come on, this is EA and FIFA, that's not happening. That would require a real Owner Mode.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You guys actually think stadium customization and potentially kit customization are coming to career mode? Come on, this is EA and FIFA, that's not happening. That would require a real Owner Mode.
Exactly. They might even charge you to customize your stadium.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's not likely , but this is the time of year where us career mode players can get overly optimistic about change :)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Did the 86+ pick again and got 3 TOTS options. Dybala, Hernandez, and Ramos.

Ramos replaces Upamecano and still gets 8 Chem next to Mendy. Even better, he doesn't drag anyone else down.

Considering getting Varane to get Ramos on 10, but I don't think it's a huge difference. And I really like Kimpembe.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Did the 86+ pick again and got 3 TOTS options. Dybala, Hernandez, and Ramos.

Ramos replaces Upamecano and still gets 8 Chem next to Mendy. Even better, he doesn't drag anyone else down.

Considering getting Varane to get Ramos on 10, but I don't think it's a huge difference. And I really like Kimpembe.

f*** off :laugh: I didn't get a single special card and the best card was Oblak

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
f*** off :laugh: I didn't get a single special card and the best card was Oblak

...Dupe Ramos in the 89+.

He's gonna sit in my unassigned for a bit until I figure out which SBC to do.

Got Mahrez TOTS in Reds. Good player and perhaps he replaces Pedro in my Fitness Squad but I really like 5* WF attackers.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
...Dupe Ramos in the 89+.

He's gonna sit in my unassigned for a bit until I figure out which SBC to do.

Got Mahrez TOTS in Reds. Good player and perhaps he replaces Pedro in my Fitness Squad but I really like 5* WF attackers.

Got Diego Carlos in the 89+. He'll probably replace Maldini, but man I really need that Ramos or Varane. Militao short passing and weakfoot is a hinderance. Got Renato Sanches and Smalling in my picks which I'm more than happy with. Sanches because I was actually looking to buy him and Smalling goes a long way to past and present United side. Only problem is now I don't have anymore fodder for SBCs and I can't be bothered to do the upgrade packs anymore.

Aside from FUT, Career mode news!

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Yeah my fodder is gone. Gonna have to keep Ramos unassigned for a while. Hoping in a few days we get a Moments Icon SBC.

The current one expires in 3 days and I don't have enough fodder to do both squads... And really don't wanna buy any.

The career mode enhancements look good... But NOTHING on a Player Career.

I like starting as a player and transitioning to a Manager career. Sad there's no info on Player Career improvements.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And even the career mode enhancements are so-so on some. We've had loan-to-buy in the past, but for some reason they took it out. I'm convinced FIFA had the interactive sim before, not quite like this one, but I remember being able to jump in a game mid-way through. Maybe I'm remembering all the other EA games that offered that. Point is, EA has had that functionality for a decade+.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And even the career mode enhancements are so-so on some. We've had loan-to-buy in the past, but for some reason they took it out. I'm convinced FIFA had the interactive sim before, not quite like this one, but I remember being able to jump in a game mid-way through. Maybe I'm remembering all the other EA games that offered that. Point is, EA has had that functionality for a decade+.
There was an interactive sim in FIFA 07 lol. Interactive in the sense that you watched the match events and could jump in at any point. So glad they’re going back 13 years lol.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I really like the ability to change positions and overall its a solid improvement. My guess is there will be an issue in the early game balancing match sharpness and moral where a player with 45 match sharpness gets mad for being rested, sounds very FIFA career mode to me.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I really like the ability to change positions and overall its a solid improvement. My guess is there will be an issue in the early game balancing match sharpness and moral where a player with 45 match sharpness gets mad for being rested, sounds very FIFA career mode to me.
Yeah, all the other EA franchises have major issues when they try to make the morale system more complicated. In theory I like the idea where it forces you to rotate the squad. If you build the right squad and play the majority of the matches, you rarely have to go deep into the bench, so if this forces you to play the bench guys more often for them to be effective then it'll be good. I can just see it happening where a rotational player will constantly have poor sharpness, have their ratings get nuked and low morale and demand moves away. Or you train them to keep sharpness up, but that drains their stamina, so they are rarely fit to play a full 90, so morale goes down because of gametime.

As long as it's like NHL, where you can turn it on and off, then it'll be fine.

It is genuinely nice that we can develop players into different positions. Make a CDM a CB or something like that. And I like that they've finally improved transfers for swaps of players.

Reactions: robertmac43

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
FUT Market's gonna fly the next couple days I think.

Any Icon SBC, Moments Icon SBC, 5x 89+ SBC are coming based on the code.

Since I don't have a massive use for coin anyways I decided to buy 10 or so De Geas/Ter Stegens/Kanes.

Figure I should be able to get 20K or so profit off each one. Not insane by any stretch, but we'll see. They're all already up 5-10K since earlier today.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
These new prime moments Icon sbcs are sick. I packed Socrates in my first one how'd you guys do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad