FHM 9

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
2D engine looks promising, but since I am so used to EHM it looks a bit slow. Good start though!

Some people are incurring issues that make it look slower than it is. We're working to find what the issue is. We think part may be resolution, which the latest update (just released) may help with.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Must say, the 2D engine definitely needs work, which I'm sure it will, but the rest of the game is very good and I highly recommend it if anyone is thinking about getting it.

I'm not sure if I've found a small bug, but on the Units screen when adjusting tactics, the star rating for each line seems broken. They are only giving me 1 to 1.5 stars for even my top line! My team isn't that bad! ha
Who were you playing with when you saw that? Haven't seen that.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I think (almost certain) that offsides aren't working correctly. I can't prove it, but I'm sure I saw players being passed the puck when they were already in the offensive zone.

Even with the update, play is too slow. It feels they take an age getting through the neutral zone, I still think the player icons need to be at least 50 percent bigger.

Also, players not changing ends in second period? This needs to be looked at if possible.

Finally, can we see basic stats on the game screen and an improved scoreboard please?

The game is excellent this year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How are the Hart trophy nominations etc now that they’ve released the new patch? That’s the only thing so far that’s been a bit disappointing in the new game is the award nominations.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I think (almost certain) that offsides aren't working correctly. I can't prove it, but I'm sure I saw players being passed the puck when they were already in the offensive zone.

Even with the update, play is too slow. It feels they take an age getting through the neutral zone, I still think the player icons need to be at least 50 percent bigger.

Also, players not changing ends in second period? This needs to be looked at if possible.

Finally, can we see basic stats on the game screen and an improved scoreboard please?

The game is excellent this year.

1 - Working on it.

2 - Yes they don't. It may change in the future, but it's going to take a lot of coding. So right now don't expect that to change.

3 - Some changes already. More coming eventually.

Reactions: Matt UK

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Run into a bug where I can't submit contract offers for anyone. Have tried tinkering around with things and nothing is helping. Not sure if I am missing something but the submit offer button is just seemingly permanently greyed out and unclickable.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Run into a bug where I can't submit contract offers for anyone. Have tried tinkering around with things and nothing is helping. Not sure if I am missing something but the submit offer button is just seemingly permanently greyed out and unclickable.

Have you got them to agree to the contract first? Unless you are issuing a qualifying offer to a RFA you can generally only submit the offer after negotiations have finished and the player has agreed in principle to the verbal offer.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Have you got them to agree to the contract first? Unless you are issuing a qualifying offer to a RFA you can generally only submit the offer after negotiations have finished and the player has agreed in principle to the verbal offer.
Yeah I am getting the little message saying the offer is good and then I can't submit the offer. Even having the issue with signing unsigned draftees. Or do you not have to submit the offer and once you have met the demand they will get back to you? I haven't been able to get anyone signed lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah I am getting the little message saying the offer is good and then I can't submit the offer. Even having the issue with signing unsigned draftees. Or do you not have to submit the offer and once you have met the demand they will get back to you? I haven't been able to get anyone signed lol

After you ask for a response enough times and get them to agree then you should be able to hit submit offer. If they haven’t it generally means they’re still not happy. If that’s not working then maybe there is an issue with your game.

For the draftees I’ve found there’s no negotiation whatsoever and just hit meet demands straight away then ask for a response before submitting the offer.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
After you ask for a response enough times and get them to agree then you should be able to hit submit offer. If they haven’t it generally means they’re still not happy. If that’s not working then maybe there is an issue with your game.

For the draftees I’ve found there’s no negotiation whatsoever and just hit meet demands straight away then ask for a response before submitting the offer.
Yeah it seems no matter what I do the submit offer button is never clickable. Getting the feeling it is a bug/issue with my game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Love the games - just wish there was a way to play online in an easier way. Even Eastside's online portion was far better. It would be fantastic if you were able to play online with someone else, do all your shit at the same time, and advance the day when done, waiting for the other person to advance the day.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Love the games - just wish there was a way to play online in an easier way. Even Eastside's online portion was far better. It would be fantastic if you were able to play online with someone else, do all your shit at the same time, and advance the day when done, waiting for the other person to advance the day.
E had the advantage of piggybacking their online system off of FM. Our online system is the same used in OOTP and will likely stay that way for some time.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
E had the advantage of piggybacking their online system off of FM. Our online system is the same used in OOTP and will likely stay that way for some time.
Fair enough. I'll just stick with the older versions then. I've had 5 of the 7 so far. But after thousands of hours, I'm just bored playing alone.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The communities are very active if you're looking to join one though!
I appreciate that. However, it just takes too long to play online, in my opinion.

The best option is still just having one person stream it while the second person tells you what to do. But that's still not ideal.

Parksade

Jan 23, 2021
Calgary
Hi all. I’m new to the hockey simulation world. However, EA NHL isn’t giving me the full GM mode experience I crave. That being said, I’m wanting to try this game over EHM but can someone who’s got experience with both sell me on why I should get FHM? Are these games hard to play and any tips for a newbie like me? Thanks all in advance

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Hi all. I’m new to the hockey simulation world. However, EA NHL isn’t giving me the full GM mode experience I crave. That being said, I’m wanting to try this game over EHM but can someone who’s got experience with both sell me on why I should get FHM? Are these games hard to play and any tips for a newbie like me? Thanks all in advance
I played EHM for years and FHM since FHM 2. EHM is fun and still a good experience, but FHM is much better in almost every facet. FHM 6 I think is the gold standard when it comes to a hockey manager type game. Simulation and results were very realistic to real life. The new one 7 is great with a new 2D engine, but it doesn't produce realistic stats like 6 did yet, as well it has poor player development as in very few players become stars, much less than is realistic. Once this is fixed it will be much better.

There will be a bit of a learning curve and it might be overwhelming at first, but having a knowledge of hockey will really help and make it much less daunting.

Buy FHM 6 if you can get it cheap, or buy FHM 7 and try it and wait for it to get a couple more patches, you might not be happy with your save with the current state of the game, but it should be fixed soon. They release patches all the time.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I played EHM for years and FHM since FHM 2. EHM is fun and still a good experience, but FHM is much better in almost every facet. FHM 6 I think is the gold standard when it comes to a hockey manager type game. Simulation and results were very realistic to real life. The new one 7 is great with a new 2D engine, but it doesn't produce realistic stats like 6 did yet, as well it has poor player development as in very few players become stars, much less than is realistic. Once this is fixed it will be much better.

There will be a bit of a learning curve and it might be overwhelming at first, but having a knowledge of hockey will really help and make it much less daunting.

Buy FHM 6 if you can get it cheap, or buy FHM 7 and try it and wait for it to get a couple more patches, you might not be happy with your save with the current state of the game, but it should be fixed soon. They release patches all the time.

I didnt experience that. I always thought FHM has more realistic development system than EHM as there are very few players put crazy numbers in their mid to late 30-s.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I didnt experience that. I always thought FHM has more realistic development system than EHM as there are very few players put crazy numbers in their mid to late 30-s.
I agree FHM does, I’m not sure if you’ve played 7 yet but it’s a problem so far but will likely be fixed soon.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Better simulation: FHM
Better support from devs: FHM
Game speed: FHM
Scouting: FHM
2d match engine: EHM (but FHM will improved)
Interface: EHM (but looks dated now)
Training camp: EHM
Trading interface: EHM
Most active community: EHM

I think that's a fair assessment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->